1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Hitsugaya so popular?(manga spoilers)

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by CABLE, Jul 11, 2005.

1. CABLE

okay to start, don't get me wrong now, i like Hitsugaya so don't take this as a flame thread. I was just wondering why everyone likes him so much. i like him just cuz hes cool looking and its funny cuz hes small and stuff but is a captain. but a bunch of people have either Hitsugaya avatars or sigs yet few people have sigs or avatars of any other characters in Bleach. he wins in all the popularity polls no matter what they are, he wins em just if hes mentioned. i just don't get how hes so hugely popular! he's had only a few appearences,
    Spoiler:
    the only time we saw him fight he got his ass kicked
    , and we havent even learned his history or anything. so why, why does everyone love him so much?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Shiron

I like him because of his personality and his Zanpuktoh (Soul-slayer).
    Spoiler: Relating to Possibile Spoilers
    I also just like good guys that use actual ice as an offense.

3. Negative-Ion

Because he is the only teenage captain!

4. Shiron

Yes, there's that too.

5. lol!! XD

this was a big question to me too, you would obviously think that polls latly would say Zaraki would kick the shit out of Hitsugaya but instead he generally beats him with twice as many votes.

Hitsugaya i know appeals to younger viewers and white spikey hair is a cool way *teh pimpZ0rZ!* and is really strong in comparison to his stature >.>

spoilerZZZZ!:

Spoiler:
    personally, out of all the Soul Slayers Hitsugaya's is probably the coolest and strongest of them all, unlike regular soul slayers, Kukuchiki Byakuya and Hitsugaya have de-materia weapons where Hitsugay's blade transforms into a dragon that flies around as Byakuya's turns into Cherry leafs and reforms to strike. Personally I think Zaraki has really lamed out as everyone though his Soul slayer would be a KICK ASS KILLIN' MACHINE!!! but instead its just chipped up which is really lame.. XD..

6. CABLE

who cares about Zaraki's sword he could probably destroy hitsugaya.

7. Utz

Everyone, watch the spoilers, this is the Court of Pure Souls, you must put Spoiler tags around manga spoilers.

As for Hitsugaya's popularity, he's the first young captain we see who is still respected and thought to be of high-class.
    Spoiler: Manga Spoiler
    Not to mention his Ban-Kai is amazing, think about the destruction that could cause in a small radius. His charisma is just great, which is why most people like him.

8. Jordy

I already loved him after his reaction to Hinamori about him also being a captain, and how she addressed him as -kun.

Spoiler: manga
    Plus just his act, example against Kira saying if he didn't move as fast as he can for 7 miles straight that Hitsu couldn't promise him that he wouldn't get dragged in..

9. TenshiOni

1. His Shikai is the coolest, IMO

Spoiler:
    I mean, c'mon, a giant dragon of ice :oh

2. He's the only teenager, yet he still get's the same respect - he's a genius

3. The white hair helps and his small size yet badassness (new word!) makes him popular with the ladies

4. How he fights to protect Hinamori and swears to kill anyone who harms her

Spoiler:
    His Ban Kai looks badass

6. He has a hot vice captain? XD

7. All about the atitude :TO

8. He really cares about his vice captain, Matsumoto. I mean, whenever they show him giving her work, he has already done most of it for her.

10. Viciousness

ah he is pretty cool, even though I still dont feel he'd beat Zaraki. I noticed his huge popularity too. Man he has a super hot VC. And yeah a cool attitude to.

Spoiler:
    I still think old man Yamamoto's is stronger, then again he has a stronger reikai to back it up. But his is both the oldest and strongest fire sword. I think Hitsugaya's ice sword is also the strongest of its element. But I sorta get the feeling that Yamamato's sword edges it out for some reason

11. TenshiOni

Spoiler:
    Well yeah, I'm sure Yamamoto >>>>>>>>>>>> Hitsugaya. I agree with Kiros on it being the coolest though. :amuse

12. Utz

Spoiler: Manga Spoiler
    Lol Yamamoto would floor pretty much anyone, although we haven't seen the full potential of nearly any of the captains, espeically not Yamamoto and Aizen, we can expect him to still be unbelievably strong.

13. Code

Because he's small? ...

But yeah. One of my favorite characters because of his attitude and well... fighting with ice "cool" not to mention his zanpaktou and his releases are quite "cool" looking...

He's not the coolest... but yeah he's pretty "cool" ...(har har pun... har.... nevermind...).

14. gpeng2005

mature personality(for his age), attitude, allure(hair & pimp voice)

15. TenshiOni

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.

He has the voice of Paku Romi, which is awesome.

Same voice as Temari from Naruto and Edward Elric from FMA.

16. CABLE

you say his ban kai is amazing and destructive yet
    Spoiler:
    if i remember correctly, so correct me if i'm wrong, after he summmoned ban kai he just got his ass cut by Aizen so do we really know that it is as powerful as you say it is.

17. Utz

She's Temari from Naruto? Wow major voice change to Edward and Hitsugaya :X Great talent!

18. DeathGuise_of_Oblivion

Whoever put the spoiler icon tab thing in is a geneous. I will now have no reason to get neg-reps, yay.

Spoiler:
    When comparing Yamamoto and Hitsugaya's shikai, Yamamoto's wins out due to his elements advantage. Fire<Ice. That and Yamamoto is the fastest and possibly strongest captain of the Gotei 13. When Byakuya and Ichigo face off, Byakuya makes a comment on how Ichigo's immense spirit force reminds him of Yamamoto. I'm thinking its Yamamoto, due to the fact that after that the scene changes to where...dang forgot their names...the lazy and sick captains are retreating after destroying the Ultimate Soul Slayer(spear). Yamamoto makes that remark about how he's been waiting forever for them to show up. Then he glares at the lazy captain's Vice Captain and his spirit pressure alone sends her into shock to the point where she cant even breathe.

But yah, the reason why Hitsugaya is so popular is beacause he the kinda short, white spikey haired, geniusy, bad-ass Captain. Now whats better than that. Besides an old man who PWNS everyone's ass.

19. TenshiOni

Well, I'm not Utz, but I can somewhat back-uo his Ban Kai's potential destructive power.

Spoiler:
    When he used his Ban Kai against Aizen, all the pillars and almost half the surrounding area became completely frozen. And that's just his spirit pressure doing that. Imagine what potential icy destruction he could cause by attacking?

20. Code

Spoiler:
    And Ichigo's bankai was also stopped in one hit...(one finger I should say), but as you say. We don't know how powerful it is.

21. Viciousness

lol I didnt mean who was stronger between him and the old man,
    Spoiler:
    I meant who had the stronger sword. I think its obvious Yamamato pwns all with the possible exception of Aizen, and if Uruhara's experiments can upgrade him enough maybe him too, and perhaps isshin...lol but actually Im sure the old mans better than all them.

22. Shishou

He only wins battles cause of fanboyism.

If he fought Kenpachi, Kenpachi would whoop his ass like no tomorrow.

Spoiler:
    Remember Kenpachi w/ Eyepatch on vs. 2 captains? I rest my case.

23. Nathan

Because he's the COOLEST captain :eek:

I mean, c'mon, you must love his Hyourinmaru!!! :p

And his VC is Matsumoto!

I can keep going on and on but I don't feel like it :p

24. animefeen

He's not the only one you forgot about the small one that's in the 11th div.

25. TenshiOni

Yachiru? Yachiru's a vice captain.

Hitsugaya is a captain with Ban Kai at his age.
    Spoiler:
    Somethign that takes 10 years to gain

He's a genius.

26. CABLE

thank you, someone finally understands that Hitsugaya isn't as great as everyone thinks he is.

27. TenshiOni

Who said we like Hitsugaya because he pwnz other captains?

Honestly, I believe Hitsugaya is not amongst the highest tier of the Gotei 13.

I'm positive Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake, and you-know-who could whoop him, and I'm sure Byakuya and Kenpachi could too. =/

28. Utz

Yah, none of us said he is the strongest of the Gotei 13, in fact, he's probably not even in the top 5, but the fact that at Ichigo's age (maybe even younger ?) he's a captain, has mastered his Ban-Kai, etc. That's why we like him.

29. unimatrixzer0

I guess the reason I like him is because he kind of reminds me of Super Saiyan 2 Gohan from DBZ, being about the same size and the hair. SS2 Gohan was my favorite character during the Cell saga when I first saw that saga from DBZ years ago.

Not to mention he's tiny and gets to order around the taller adults.

How cool does he looking running on top of the water in the new intro right?

30. gpeng2005

and when something happens, he gets straight down to business, never whines or complains or cry or knit fashionable clothing like some of the main characters :p