1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Naruto's strength in question? Haven't you been paying any attention at all?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by MartialHorror, Nov 13, 2005.

1. MartialHorror

In anime, the good guy gets his ass kicked in the first 90% of the fight but somehow pulls it off in the end.

Yet people are calling Naruto weak based off Sai's comment.

Really,

What was Sasuke's opinion of Naruto? He was weak. But even said he was wrong during the rescue arc.

What was Gaara's opinion of Naruto? Weak

What was Kiba's opinion of Naruto? Weak

What was Neji's opinion of Naruto? Weak

What makes you think Sai is going to be any different?

Naruto overcame all of them, he will overcome Sai. If Naruto surpassed everyone else, it would become too lopsided and Naruto would win every time.

Really, the Sai arc isn't going to be much different from any other arc. He will slam Naruto for being weak, kick Naruto's ass for the most part, but lose in the very end.

Tags:
  2. Chiru

I don't base it on Sai's comment. I just think Naruto is being overrated. It wouldn't make sense to place him any higher than jounin level.

3. BattousaiMS

Or "it" can get his ass kicked on the next chapter and pull the "I am your greatest fan" act, and join them in the next mission.

Your post really won't change the situation though. Some people simply look for something to bash, if it isn't this it's that and when the character really does show up then they find other reasons to hit them.

The only thing that I hate in their actions is that they try to hit Naruto from the onset as soon as the raw appears, without either checking the translation (from good translators) or really viewing the panels before opening their big mouths. I mean okay you gonna bash the guy we know already, but atleast view the material correctly before posting your crap that way you don't add in the "supporters without an actual uderstanding of the real story" speard your mistakes... but i guess that is too much to ask ~.~

4. Kyuubi Naruto

He should be low Jounin right now. Mid Jounin at best. The same thing for Sasuke. Now if people somehow rate him higher then that then they better bring up some examples but really lets remember.

Sasuke-"Scarycat"= Naruto says the same thing back at him
    Sasuke-"You wont touch my forehead"= Naruto touches it and proves him wrong
    Tsunade-"You wont learn Rasengan"= Learns it and then launches it into Kabuto in front of her
    Neji-"You will loose this fight" =Proves Neji wrong about the fight, destiny and the fact that Naruto isnt weak
    Gaara-some comment about Naruto being weak, wrong or something like that = Proves Gaara wrong and defeats him
    Kiba-"Your weak"- Naruto pwns him

Sai-"Your weak, dont you have a penis?" =

What do you think will happen? The same exact thing. :laugh

Its just how this manga goes. Naruto will always be underestimated and that will allow him to pretty much prove them wrong.

5. Franckie

Nice reminder MH. However, fanboys will always minimize the character(s) they don't like no matter what they achieve, ignore the facts/points that lessen their preferred characters and claim superiority no matter how idiotic their arguments are. It's nothing new. :)

6. Chiru

7. SaiST Retired Staff

I think people are just expecting a bit more from Naruto after having spent so much time with a powerful teacher like Jiraiya. I am, but I certainly don't think he's "weak"...

... A bit underwhelming mebbe, but definitely not weak. ;)

8. Gooba

Naruto kicks the crap out of an Akatsuki member. (yes he was wounded pretty badly, but still, armless Oro kicked Sannin ass for a bit, and so armless Akatsuki is still decent)

Everyone is in awe.

Naruto gets insulted by someone who has never seen him fight. (presumably, since he was off with Jiraiya and couldn't be found)

Everyone thinks he sucks.

9. Chamcham Trigger

People were underestimating Naruto even during the Deidara fight. I don't think people are underestimating them for no reason, it's just that he's not showing anything new yet. He's done Kage bunshin, Oodama rassengan (which is just an upgraded version of the same move), and Kyuubi 2 tails....which is just the same thing, but more powerful. People are just probably disapointed with him at the moment since he hasn't shown a completly new jutsu. I for one think he's doing just fine slowly showing his newly acquired skills, but I'll be pissed off if he get's crushed by Sai (which it looks like will happen)

10. BattousaiMS

Naruto vs Armless Deidara = That's not fair, the guy didn't have any arm!
    Naruto vs. Itachi in Yuura's body = That's not fair, it wasn't the real Itachi, Naruto did not beat Itachi!
    Naruto vs. Kabuto = He didn't win the fight! It was all Kyuubi's work! Kabuto wasn't beaten by Naruto!
    Naruto vs. Gaara = Gaara was not in his mind, Sasuke did most of the work, Naruto used Kyuubi again Cheat!!!
    Naruto vs. Neji = No, The only reason Naruto won because Neji shut his Byakugan, or else Neji would have never fallen for it!
    (and so on)

If you noticed, most of wins are usually given to him via a fault of his opponant and not due to his credibility. It's always cheat, unfair, luck and so on. It's a fact, to these people, Naruto shouldn't suceed because he isn't cool enough for them to suceed. The funny thing about all this is it seems that all battle involving him turns from being a shinobi battle to a fair-fight battles. But here is the problem, isn't shinobi be battle supposed to be win a battle by taking advantage of your opponants weakness and through deceptions? I mean if not, then Naruto should be called a Samurai series since the basic of the art peformed by ninjas is to win battle by gaining advantages over their opponant, weather it is by deceptions, or simply trickery. If they admit that this is a ninja series then i guess they shouldn't complain much about Naruto's abilities since he is doing what most ninjas do in their battle.

In fact, the only reproche most of these same people had with him that he wasn't silent, stealthy, caculated, team worker enough to be a ninja. Now that Kishimoto is acutually showing them that yes, he has become a full fleadged ninja as they should be they complain about why he isn't being Gary-Stue which they used to accuse him of in part 1.

11. mflow

Naruto vs. Kiba = No fair! Naruto's chakra was messed up! ....oh wait...

12. MartialHorror

I actually make a topic and am not flamed for it!

I personally think Naruto is special Jounin level.

he cant be too powerful because with kyuubi he would easily pwn the Sannin..........

But yeah, people are stupid.

13. Lucifer

lol, so true... I agree BattousaiMS... Naruto is cheater!!! he can fart to Kiba's smell..
    that's most hilarious...

14. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

People say he is weak because he has not shown us any new technique yet, besides some refined old techniques. Look at Gai, Kakashi, Sakura, Gaara, Shikamaru and Chouji, all of them got some awesome new techniques after timeskip.:amazed Even the shy lady Hinata has a pair of huge boobs to show us.:blink People are getting more and more impatient. They don't want to see Kage Bunshin, Rasengan and summoning again. They want something new and cool from Naruto!:oh

15. Darkness

Well Sai appears to be a jolly fellow from what he says in ch283. He could well have meant the whole " you are weak, do you have a penis?" statement as a joke. When I first read it, it certainly sounded that way to me. Besides that, my views mirror those of KN and BattousaiMS.

16. Shoji Jason

I'd like to point out that Naruto DID, in fact, LOSE that fight. He was dying, Kabuto was living. Sure, Kabuto got pwnd by a Rasengan, but Naruto got pwnd in return by Kabuto's attack. Naruto survived because of Tsunade, Kabuto suvived because of himself. Kabuto won. Not a great victory, but still a victory nonetheless.

17. MartialHorror

Didn't Naruto show like a double Rasengan?

Damn, you people are impossible to please.

18. SuperStylin

what was orochimarus comments on the hokage and jiraiya?

that they areweak.

19. Mori`

MH people don't count the oodama rasengan as a new jutsu, simply a development of the rasengan or rather an increase in its power

anyway I' sure we'll see some more of Naruto's development soon but hey, if he'd launched to above Kakashi in the timeskip I think most would be as dissapointed as they are with his level shown so far.

Also it seems in general most people put his strength at somewhere between high chuunin and base jounin, thats hardly weak.

20. BattousaiMS

Yes, but my friend you forget Kabuto's challenge. He said Naruto was so weak that he would be scared and overwhelmed by their powers and he added that he wasn't scared of him. Just look back at the image of Kabuto when he was about to get hit by the rasengan, he was damn scared. Also he's point was proven wrong by his own boss who decided at the very moment that Naruto was a bigger risk then both Jiraiya and Tsunade, because his power had indeed overwhealed them somewhat.

So yes, Naruto did lose the fight, but he won the war. Also my comment was more to explain the reaction for those who said Naruto got a lucky shot at Kabuto again and so on...

That is another thing. Is it me or Naruto is the only character that can't have variations of the same type of jutsus? I mean most of the genins in rookie 9 + Team Gai had developped most variations of their original jutsus most of the time right? But Naruto he can't make one and be considered as a new jutsu..

21. Bosch

I agree with KN. Naruto will save Sai and ask him "Do you actually have a penis"?
    This is gonna be the greatest chapter in Part 2.

22. Aman

It's just the Anti Naruto fans trying to change our vision of him.

23. Leen

People who says that Naruto has not improved at all are mostly people who watch fillers. Since in fillers, all Naruto did were kage bunshin and rasengan, everyone become fade up with these two jutsu. So when manga still shows kage bunshin and oodama rasengan, people start to have ideas that he had not improved because they are already too familiar with these two jutsu. If now Naruto has some brand new kinjutsu or genjutsu, everyone will like 'WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy improves a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!' but that doesn't happen. Thus they come to a conclusion that Naruto has not improved YET.

24. Merciless

*takes out anti-fanboy stick* and attack.......!!!

Lets look at the facts.

Part two started 38 weeks ago.
    Naruto does'nt have 1 single new jutsu.
    He has not put up a good fight against anyone.
    He cant keep control of the kyuubi anymore, someone has to stick a peice of loo roll to his head, to stop him going loco.
    Naruto cant defend himself against 1 akatsuki.

Naruto learned far more quickly back in the good old days, of the chunnin exam/gaara bad guy arc. He got a new technique, we got to see alot of the other characters fight, we got to see naruto actually win a fight solo.

He should have loads of new techniques by now, he learned kagebunshin in 1 day, he's had 2.5 years. Yet not one new one, and i know the typical "He will show's them when he get's into a proper fight". But his friends life was on the line, if that's not the time to unleash some new arse kicking techniques when is?.

The main reason alot of people are pissed, is that naruto should be improving, he should'nt get his arse kicked 99% of the time, then unleash a killer move (which usually fails to kill the enemy).

It should be 51% Naruto and 49% enemy. It makes for good reading.

Im not really having a go at naruto, but more at kishimoto for changing the pace at which naruto was developing. It's far to slow for someone who wants to become hokage.

25. Chamcham Trigger

lol we are aren't we :laugh.
    Well he didn't really do a double Rasengan. He just did the Oodama rasengan which had him and his Kagebunshin busting the move out almost (but not exactly) like how he used to do the regular version....unless I saw it wrong and he had a rassengan in each hand.
    *goes back to check*

26. shintebukuro

Naruto will alway be the same, his full power will not come out until he loses himself in emotion. Looking at his improvements at the moment, is like basing his strength off of his normal form when he fought Neji.

Judging by the bell testing, I'd say he is probably special jounin while in normal form. When he actually gets serious and begins using kyuubi power (like when he beat up Deidara's clone), he is mid-jounin level. We haven't seen a fraction of what Naruto is capable of.

27. mercycubed

Having Naruto summon a battle frog that is not Gama Bunta would be the shiznit, even if it is a massive GamaKichi. Of course, we want to see new stuff. But the refinement Naruto has shown with his "old" moves if worthy of praise.
    Old Naruto used many Kage Bunshins to accomplish one task or to attack one person, and they all attacked the same style. Now, the KB can do varying tasks and can fight complementary to each other. The move Naruto used in taking down Deidara was incredible. It opens up worlds of possibilities for what Naruto could do. Theoretically, he could have a whole battalion of KB accomplishing different missions and using different tactics on separate fighters at the same time.
    People whine and complain about seeing the KB all the time. But it is the most versatile and adaptable jutsu out there. It is not static and can be effectively used against any opponent. As long as Naruto can use KB more as strategic jutsu versus flooding the enemy with numbers, it is a great move.

28. FitzChivalry

After Kage Bunshin in part 1, how long was it until he showed a new jutsu? I thought it was pretty obvious that the mangaka was saving his power for some future enemy. Why would he have Naruto display the extent of his new jutsu on an impostor Itachi and an armless Deidara?

Didn't he Oodama Yuuri-Itachi? Didn't he systematically PWN Akatsuki no Deidara? There's no way you can say he hasn't put a good fight.

He has shown ONE instant other than him popping two tails. Other than that, he's kept great control of Kyuubi.

What? Neither could Kakashi(Itachi) and Gai(Kisame). Both elite Jounin needed their student/teammates to help, as did Chiyo(Sasori) when she needed Sakura to fight; I do also remember Gaara(Deidara) not successfully defending himself either. He put up a fight, sure, but he died anyways. I can't see why you're holding this against only Naruto. Next.

Learn?:huh You, me, none of us don't even know what he's learned. And if you're talking about 'learning' as in 'adapting to a situation', I think he more than proved himself with the whole Kakashi/Deidara thing.

As for him winning fights solo: Kiba is not Akatsuki, Neji is not Akatsuki, Gaara is not Akatsuki. None of these guys are S-Class nin, thank you very much. As it's been proven and demonstrated time and time again, you're not going to fight an Akatsuki one on one just yet. Sasuke'll fight Itachi eventually, but no one, with the exception of the Sannin, can take Akatsuki one on one.

Which why is absolutely baffles me that you would question what Naruto's learned. There's still plenty of Arcs left in part 2, and Jiraiya is a great teacher. Also, I thought his lack of new jutsu would make people anticipate his other techniques more, not make people question his strength. I don't get that logic at all.

Didn't Jiraiya tell him not to use that jutsu? He told him not to use that jutsu against guys who are making his life a living hell; guys that are trying to capture him, extract his bijuu which'll consequentially kill him. If Jiraiya's telling him not to use that against them, then you know this jutsu is something on the more serious side, no?

Didn't he protect Kakashi and Gaara with just Kage Bunshin, serious speed, and Rasengan? That was enough there. Why use big, explosive jutsu when just those three things were enough?

Itachi put him in 1 genjutsu move. 1 move.:oh Genjutsu's always been Naruto's weakness. Please tell me where it is that Naruto was getting his ass kicked 99% of the time. I certainly don't hope you mean Deidara.

If you're talking about Oodama Rasengan, then you're wrong. Team Kakashi and Chiyo left his ass there to die, which he was eventually going to do anyways. Most people on these forums would give him the credit for that kill. Zetsu just came and ate him.

It is good reading, elsewise you wouldn't be reading it now. Why should Naruto have the advantage on a group of superior shinobi anyways? He's right where he should be.

29. Efraim Longstocking

Naruto will unzip his pants and prove Sai wrong. Then Naruto will grab Sai's crotch and tear of his reproductive organ and eat it. Then he'll say. ''You are the one without dick'' and then Sai will cry and go tell bandage guy who will tell the akatsuki leader who will poop his pants when he hears this shocking story..

30. xer0

My reply is simply this, if Sakura is this powerful now then imagine how powerful Naruto has really become.

Because if you all recall - Sakura was always the weakest one out of the group.
    But since being trained by Tsunadae she got the best out of an Akatsuki member.

Next Fact, Jiraiyai has been commented on by many in the manga series as Konoha's greatest hero... he trained Yondaime and now Naruto. You can't have a better tutor than that.

In the end, i can see Naruto being trained by Kakashi... so that he can learn to fight the Sharingan and other doujutsu (eye) techniques.

But not before he gets his ass kicked a few more times, as it wouldn't be fun if he won all the time.