1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Toneri considered and Otsotsuki while Uzumaki, Senjus, Uchihas, Kaguyas, and Hyugas aren't?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by strongestrinneganuser, Dec 7, 2018.

1. strongestrinneganuser Six Paths of Momoshiki

Toneri has white skin like other Otsotsuki clan members due to being Hamura's descendent. But none of Hagoromo's descendents do. Toneri can fly like other Otsotsukis,but Hagoromo's descendents or Hyugas can't. Toneri is defined as an Otsotsuki like Hamura but the Earth's Otsotasuki descendents like Uchiha, Kaguya, Senju, Uzumaki, and Hyuga are not. Toneri has Otsotsuki clan symbol but the Hagoromo's descendents and the Hyugas don't. Urashiki said he can't kill Toneri because he is an Otsotsuki but Momoshiki was willing to kill Naruto and Sasuke who are also descendents of an Otsotsuki. So what exactly is he? Otsotsuki? Human? Why is he an Otsotsuki but Senjus, Uzumaki, Kaguyas, Uchihas, and Hyugas are not?

Tags:
  2. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    This is a fair question, and I've asked myself the same several times, among other Q's about this guy in particular, and I only have a couple of potential theories that I think would likely be used in the series.

1. The "Lunar Hyuga" as I like to refer to them, are likely more "Otsotsuki" gene-wise than the "Terra Hyuga", this is likely due to a MUCH smaller gene pool prior to cutting off connection with earth. This would lead to O'clan genes being more predominant, and would likely be recycled, which is what seems to have led to most of them having Byakugan. It seems like it would stand to reason, that longevity was another such trait that was recycled so much through the gene pool, people probably had casual life-forces, not unlike that of the most superior of the Senju, maybe even Hashirama himself. Having people live longer would naturally lead to people having either less kids, or having a more "sustained" population, this would allow the predominant traits such as longevity, pale skin, white hair, byakugan, strong bodies, O'clan chakra, etc to be a regular thing, and Toneri was likely the main bloodline from Hamura, as he himself stated he was his descendant, and would explain why his chakra was so similar.

2. More O'clan members (potentially "kara";33), be them peaceful, or not of any main branch within the Clan and for some reason didn't report up the chain, paid a visit to the moon. The only reason I say this, is because of what Toneri knows in Boruto about the Jougan. The only was to dismiss this theory, would be to prove Kaguya educated her children on all (O'clan)-known dojutsu that exist, and this COULD be the case, as aside from being semi-shocked when Hagoromo unlocked his Sharingan, Hamura was suprised'ish, whereas Hagoromo was seemingly calm about it. This leads me to believe Kaguya was either SUPER secretive about the Clan, wasn't secretive at all, or was telling some alternative facts.
    However, if Kaguya didn't say anything, and nobody knew, then how does Toneri come across this knowledge of a unique eye that's supposedly so awesome among the O"clan, and how was he so confident a Tenseigan would awaken in his eyes, when the only proof we have in canon is that Hamura "naturally" unlocked his Tenseigan, which is a huge plothole I think, unless they say he stole Kaguya's eyes (which, she specifically states are superior to Hamuras), and he was able to implant them during the battle in order to awaken Tenseigan.
    This, actually, is the theory I prefer, as it would make sense to a degree, as it could have been the brothers' plan in order to weaken her, and depending on Kaguyas immortality/healing factor, she could have regenerated her Byakugan immediately afterwards, or picked up Hamuras old eyes, etc.
    This, would ALSO explain why his Tenseigan were so powerful, and were able to power the "Tenseigan" on the moon that powered that whole civilization, but I digress..

All in all, unless other O'clan members arrived and interbred/passed info on to the Lunar Hyuga, it doesnt make sense that there is so much knowledge of the Clan, when the ONLY canon connection they had was just Kaguya, and she wasn't exactly around for very much of Hagoromo/Hamura lives/hay-days, or why the genetics seem to be so O'clan geared, unless, obviously, O'clan traits are dominant, just like Saiyan/Human hybrids still being able to be Super Saiyans.

3. Blu-ray Moderator

Iirc, DBIV mentioned that Hamura took the rest of the clan to the moon with him, which implies Kaguya and the sons she eventually had weren't the only Otsutsuki who came to earth.

In any case, Hagoromo's defendants being on earth would continue to mate with humans, while Hamura's being on the moon wouldn't be mix and mingling with humans and would be more alien than human.

Who knows though. The whole alien shit came out of nowhere and was never explained, so it's always going to have some gaping holes.

4. baphometsdream Well-Known Member

Its cuz Hagaromo’s descendants mixed with humans and Hamura’s did not. The Otsutsuki blood is too diluted in Hagaromo’s descendants for them to be considered Otsutsuki.

5. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

He's considered an Otsutsuki because the clan on the moon is actually named Otsutsuki. That's their last name.

As far as genetics go, the indication exists that Toneri and the other moon Otsutsuki are part human.

If the Hyuuga clan are descendants of Hamura, then it's likely that some of the other Otsutsuki that came with Kaguya to earth also settled down with human spouses. So, this brings the possibility that human spouses of Otsutsuki traveled with the clan when they departed for the moon and also that, at the time of departure, there were already half-Otsutsuki children around that would also leave with their parents for the moon.

This explains why the clan from the moon had members with dark hair colors, non-pale skin colors, but who lacked horns.

6. Naruto Maelstrom Uchiha Well-Known Member

Presumably, The only reason the Senju,Uchiha,Hyguya changed their name from otsustuki in the first place is because they married into over local clans.

Now, why would they shed off their name and take their spouses? Well, I imagine not everyone is happy to
    Announce that they are descendant from the tyrant that took over the world.

I imagine there aren’t many babes to marry on the moon.making it a non-problem for Hogoromo a descendants—-clearly alien otsustuki give no shits about genetic diversity or deformities

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018 at 1:36 AM