1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Why kill the Vinsmokes?

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Louis-954, Feb 2, 2017.

1. giantbiceps Fucking Hilarious

2. Nidai Kitetsu Active Member

Who would want to have an alliance with Big Mom after this?

It seems Oda is trying to hard to create a similar situation like the red wedding. This is not the first questionable or weak writing from Oda in this arc though. It seems like he doesnt know or didnt properly plan what to do with Big Mom and Sanji.

3. Vengarl Maniac fan club

If BM gets her hands on Germa tech then she'll gain enough power where she doesn't need trust but rather uses fear and a wider umbrella of influence to establish alliances, if she even needs to establish more. She also understands how untrusting Germa is as well and there's more benefit to eliminate them then steal the Germa rather than keep a shaky alliance. Beside that most people consider Germa to be a myth anyway so she can also deny that. Also like Reiju said, they deserve to be wiped out and nobody would really protest that betrayal.

Its not like people really trust her to begin with anyway.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  4. midace Member

Killing the groom's family doesn't make any sense at all from P.R. stand point. I mean who would want to join forces with her through political marriage in the future if this is what could be your return...

5. Mariko Bored Panda

For the fun, no more. She's just a psychopath.

Why would she tell the world she killed dem to begin with?

6. Dunno Well-Known Member

Not really. If she got ahold of Germa tech, she would have an army of fodder which anyone half-decent could wipe out in a few moments. Her power wouldn't really increase at all in the greater scope of things.

7. White Wolf

Not necessarily, enough fodder can capture even a giant, when normal people stand no chance.
    If their genetic tampering makes them impervious to haki (conqueror's mainly), they'd be a pretty good vanguard, send thousands of them crashing up against a castle wall or whatever they're attacking at the time and as they die one after the other the main force comes at the end to clean up.

I mean think of it like Fishman island arc, even if it was the mid-weak trio they were pretty worried about dealing with 100k enemies, even if they're fodder.

8. Dunno Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure. They have some utility, but not at all to the degree Big Mom seem to think. Certainly not to the degree that it's worth sacrificing any future possibility of cooperation with other organisations to acquire them. Acquiring one M3 level fighter would be far preferable, and even then, her power compared to the other Yonkou wouldn't change enough for it to be noticeable.

9. White Wolf

Of course, but both BM and the Vinsmokes are frankly idiotic at this point, as we've seen.

10. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

People are making shit up but I think it's a matter of morality, Big Mom views them as evil and doesn't want them in her peaceful society world order.

11. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

Honestly I think she's just desperate since the guy who didn't delve into technology and stuff but was already yonkou leveled (kaidou) has really buffed up his resources for stuff like weapons of mass destruction, super powerful cannonballs, artificial devil fruits, etc etc

12. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

You say that but look how effective just one was in the fight against Sanji.

13. Dunno Well-Known Member

Well, that was against Mr. Vinsmoke "I will save my evil family just so that they can go back to killing innocents because I'm such a good guy" Sanji. Against anyone who wouldn't mind killing evil enemy goons, they would be much less effective.

Sure, she might be desperate, but it's still an incredibly stupid move. From what we've seen so far, she's certainly in the running for most incompetent arc boss ever.

14. shit shit is divine

Vinsmokes will demand she help conquer NB which will split her resources and likely put her in an immediate conflict with the WG, and they'll have direct control of their clone technology instead of her so she'll be at their mercy to utilize it

On the other hand you waste a smart guy and three guys on par with her more powerful children, I can see why she'd do it

Also she's probably gonna kidnap judge and still utilize his genius by force instead of diplomacy

15. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

Honestly I expect them to be stronger as individuals than they are as meat shield, like I feel like when they end up following reiju or sanji, that they will prove that they are actually quite decent for an army and that the vinsmoke using them like that is just cuz they are replaceable.

Also the fact is that yes it shocked him, over a single guy can get in the way of an attack and thus leave them up for a surprise or free shot, or they can put pressure on an enemy, or just overwhelm regular people with numbers.

16. Gunners .

If the clone army will play a central role in her army over the years to come, it is probable that she wants to be in complete control of it.

Through Jinbei and (probably) Capone, we're seeing the damage that can be caused by one rogue part of her force that would be easier to sever. It's likely that the clones wouldn't act as one separate group but as aids to existing ones; it's harder to contain if something goes wrong and if the army grows beyond her expectations she runs the risk of losing her position.

17. El Hit Inquisitor

she just wants to clone to infinite souls