1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Why no one noticed Itachi killing the Uchihas?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by maya_slash, Dec 2, 2005.

1. maya_slash

Okay. Itachi must have either done it during the day, or in the evening. Sasuke came home late in the evening, and they were already dead. (as for those who'd mention that he came home during the night because of the full moon that had already risen in the sky, guys, have you never noticed a full moon high in the sky even during the day?)
    Killing so many people, ninja at that (which means that they'd struggle, a lot) means that there's bound to be some noise. A lot of noise. After all, there was some damage to the streets and buildings in the Uchiha part of Konoha.

Why no one ever heard or noticed anything? Konoha is a village full with ninja, who are bound to be constantly on their guard. It seems so improbable they won't hear sounds of a battle or a struggle, especially if so many people were slaughtered.

Tags:
  2. earthshine

because they all actually hated the uchiha, and the real reason itachi killed them is because the village paid him

3. Master Scorpion

Maya, mostly in this forum are naruto fanboy who don't like seeing popular guy aka sasuke.
    and they seem don't like itachi too, but if there's a choice between itachi and sasuke they would prefer itachi, and I dunno why.

and sasuke has a cool, calm,and cocky attitudes so that's why they hate sasuke, and they're using the gay and a traitor words for bashing him.oh yeah, and also they don't like him just becoz he's being admire by sakura and ino .

4. Darth Judicar

What exactly does that have to do with the guy's question? He was pondering why no one in Konoha heard or was aware of the Uchiha Massacre while it played out, not asking about Sasuke hate...On topic, I've wondered this too and I've come to a few ideas about it:

1.) Perhaps the Uchiha place was out of range where its events could be made aware of. Maybe it wasn't in main Konoha, perhaps in the outskirts? Basically, I'm trying to suggest it was out of spectator range of hearing or seeing it due to its location.

2.) Itachi did this quickly and silently. Yes, there was visible means of struggle, but perhaps he took out the outer threats first that could raise the alarm then worked his way in to the main compound. I'm not suggesting they have security or guards, but just anyone who was around the outer limits of the building. After taking them out, he was free to fight the remaining ones however he pleased. Even it was noisy or visible.

3.) Maybe he created the signs of a struggle and created destruction intentionally. Why? I haven't a clue really, just guesses? I'm under the opinion he didn't give a kunai if the identity of the Uchiha murderer was revealed but you never know. Perhaps he did fear identification and maybe tried to create the illusion of a fight between the members of the Uchiha clan, which would give the conclusion they killed each other. The thing about this idea is I don't know how Konoha found out that Itachi was the murderer. I would guess Sasuke told the truth unless for some odd reason he never did due to trauma or something...

5. Mibu Clan

NOOOOO...wevw been over this, Itachi wanted to test his vessel, so logically he would want fighting back.

And to respond....

Just like how no on ein Konoha noticed Gama-Shukaku.

6. Rangamaru

they were pretty far outside the village, and konoha were being attacked by two villages. I don't expect them to investigate random rumbling in the direction of forests. Also, he's right about the fool moon hanging in the sky. It had to be pretty late in the evening. However, someone should have noticed an entire clan being killed off.Hmmmmm....I guess Konoha's Jounin aren't that great afterall.

7. maya_slash

The Gama-Shukaku face off was quite away from Konoha, and besides, they had more pressing matters on their heads at that point, like an invading army.
    The massacre on the other hand, seems practically in the bounds of the village. If we believe Itachi's illuision, there was quite a bit of screaming during the massacre, yet, no one noticed.

Rangamaru, when I mentioned the full moon, I also said that one can see a full moon during the day, so it can't have been so late. Besides, Sasuke was coming home, and even if he was late (which he was) he can't have been more than 1-2 hours after his curfew, he was a little kid after all. My point is, it couldn't have been that late. 11-12 at worst.

8. Tsukiyomi

I don't know if you noticed, but the entire village was evacuated before that, and the ones were weren't evacuated were busy fighting a war with giant snakes and Jiraiya's frogs, so of course they wouldn't notice that fight.

9. link 2 oblivion

I think he did it during the evening cause in the latest flashback it looks like they were dead by sunset, and itachi left also at that same time.

10. vagnard

Konoha are a bunch of idiots. Kisame and Itachi were to drink to a tea shop and the only one who noticed them was Kakashi who was around the area. The same with Oro who was in the chunnin exam under the nose of Sandaime first as a Sound Jounin and then as Kazekage. Hell....even sound 4 entered in the village like nothing.

Even Suna is more well protected than Konoha, they noticed inmediately Deidara and Sasori.

11. Rangamaru

You think they are stupid because they can't stop someone as powerful as Itachi or Oro from crossing their borders? I don't think any of the villages could even stop them from walking in and killing a kage. Hell, the other villages would probably be burned down.

12. FitzChivalry

I was going to say this too. The Uchiha were pretty isolated from the rest of the village, were they not?:huh This looks like it makes the most sense to me.

13. maya_slash

Yes, Vagnard, but Oro and Itachi and Kisame at present were sneaking around.
    In the flashback, Itachi was doing open fighting, which is a lot more noticeable.

14. Mibu Clan

15. vagnard

Where I said stop?....I said "notice him" very different.... Kishimoto gives the impression that any foreigner ninja can enter into Konoha (a ninja village full of "cunning spies"). While with Oro who is a Kage level ninja under a custome you have an excuse...what excuse do you have with Sound 4.

During Gaara's introduction Sakura's statement make very clear that the villages doesn't accept random guys from another villages waking in its streets.

Itachi and Kisame were sneaking?...In a tea shop?....or walking along a river in the day?. If they wanted sneak around they should go to Konoha during the night. To me it looked more like a courtesy visit.

But I can't expect too much from Konoha with guys like Aoba screaming around the whole town that Itachi had come back.

16. Rangamaru

My mistake, however, ninjas of that level aren't discovered easily.

17. Alia_Atreides

I think we dont really know yet what took place in the Uchiha clan that day. All we know are SasukeĀ“s memories of it, and the images that Itachi used to torture him. Personally, I dont think Itachi did all himself, he must had have some help, because he was able to reunite all the Uchiha except for his brother, a rather convenient thing. We are still going to hear about that, I think, and not without surprises. So, about your question, I think some genjutsu could have been used, so people wouldnt scream or run. Lets remember, Itachi already had a MS...
    Thats what I think, thanks for reading!
    :)

18. Bazooka

This dilemma has presented itself before. And the logical possibilities are three:
    A) Itachi was not alone.
    B) Itachi is on a level beyond our wildest dreams and can annihilate continents in the blink of an eye before you can say holy shit.
    C) It serves the plot that way.
    I'm gonna go with a dash of B and a whole lot of C.

19. Last of the Uchihas

Gaara transformed into Shukaku form when he killed Dosu, and that was inside the village.

20. DKFize

You're right, we have been over this..and I hope we don't have to again for a long time :amuse

21. Vandire

Its possible that a few villagers didnt even want to fight back- Itachi was the pride of the Uchiha clan, which if I remember correctly was finding its own influence in konoha decreasing. Everyone knew and loved him.

Turning around to throw a kunai at someone like that isnt too easy, especially if hes suddenly acquired Mangekyou Sharingan, which to the best of most peoples knowledge was possessed only by legendary heroes of the Uchiha.

Plus, Itachi does have some kickass genjutsu. The majority of the clan appeared to be weak, old people anyways, who would've been paralyzed at the merest whim of his dojutsu.

Of course, that doesnt explain how an entire police force that had at least a few highly skilled ninja (who already suspected him to be a murderer) couldnt have at least requested help, or sent one person out to alert konoha in general.

My guess would be it was a test, for him to prove he'd abandoned all ties so he could enter akatsuki, and there were probably a few akatsuki members around to deal with any fleeing messengers that might escape itachi.

22. Kurosaki-Kun

must have been a school night liek monday or something and they were sleeping instead of partying all night

23. RGZ_ReGZ

That would only explain the kidas; adult don't sleep around, especially not Jounins, or the MPs.

However, here's my thinking:
    1) Itachi have MS. It's powerful. However, her can only use the most powerful genjutsu a few times, and for other genjustu, he do not need to activate MS.
    On the other hand, other smay not have the Sharingan activated yet at the time. just half a second in normal time is enough to kill enemy in Sharigan time.
    2) Uchihas have too much pride. I think there are many evidence that Uchihas are even more over confident than the Hyuugas. They may believe they can handle themselves... but still, that does not explain why their screams aren't heard by the village
    3) How reliable is Itachi's illusion or Sasuke's flashback.
    A eight years old may twist his own memory, even Sasuke, especially since he have experienced the Tsukiyomi. Same with itachi, who isn't a reliable narrator himself

As for why Itachi's sneaking in can't be detect, I think it's actually a reverse psychology, based on a famous chinese saying: "The safest place is the most dangerous place, and the most dangerous place is safest." Its corollary would therefore be the fact that, since it's daytime, they less expect that kind of attack. (Would you be more alert in daytime of nighttime, walking alogn the same stret?)

24. Omolara

I always though that it was the isolation of the clan that made it so no one noticed.
    Then again as others like vagnard have said, Konoha doesn't seem to be the best at noticing when things are amiss.
    1. Itachi's departure from the village after killing his clan. Nobody heard Sasuke's screams of complete mental anguish apparently, and I'm pretty sure everyone else didn't go silently.
    2. Sasuke's departure. He definately got visciously attacked by four intruders whom could be recognized by ANBU immediately. They kinda just bust in with no problem. Sakura was the only one to be aware of Sasuke's intentions in a village full of ninja. Granted Kakashi was on a mission, but you'd think that after being invaded they'd keep watch over any and all possible entrances.
    3. Itachi and Kisame. There's only one guard for the entire village??? Did absolutely no one go "hmm, they're dressed rather strangely..." They even sat down to tea and dango before anyone took note of their presence. They then went for a stroll around the village, owned three jounin, and then fled.

So far, Sakura and Kakashi seem to be the only ones up on everything.

25. SleepingDisaster

just my own opinion
    1. the clan is far from the village
    2. itachi paralized all victim before he kill them, so no one scream
    3. itachi has incredible speed and agility so he kill many people in a second, or
    4. (maybe) itachi just arrive and saw the massacre and run after the suspects, he kill some of them and dueling with the boss, but they able to escape, itachi return to his house seeing his parent already killed then sasuke enter the door (I know this is weird)

26. BattousaiMS

I believe it has to do with how the Uchiha's lived. They were pretty much secluded in their own part of town with what it seems their own guards and stuff also. So people really didn't venture on their side of town and hence why they possibly didn't notice the massacre. I mean their security was pretty tight and they were feared by their bloodline so obviously none ventured there unless it was something really importantand especially not at night.

27. Odlam

Because he killed them how a ninja should kill people

fast, quiet, and covered by darkness. He probably had the whole thing planned out way in advance, and very methodically took them out. I seriously doubt it was an actual battle so much as him simply eliminating the vast majority of them before they even became aware they were under attack.

He was highly placed in the Uchiha, he would know all the security practices, and how to get around them easily. Most of them probably didnt know what was going on till it was already pretty much over.

28. maya_slash

Odlam, there were bodies all over the street and signs of obvious struggle. That's not exactly inconspicious ninja-way assassination. It looked like they were brawling.

29. therealultimatepower

It's because the Uchiha clan were the cops of Konaha. If Itachi kills all the cops, who's going to stop him? And he is so pro he could have done it so fast nobody knew it happened until it was too late.

30. Shinigami1980

in my opinion....the way itachi killed so many ppl quickly without any problems..is simple....Itachi has a sharingan ...he probably copied nara clan's shadow binding jutsu..combined with some genjutsu...to make other uchiha's fight among themselves which would explain the kunai's and basically a scene of battle.....Itachi himself with own hands probably only killed his parents.....