1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Deku be able to increase his muscle mass too?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Izuku, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Izuku Wild Weeaboo

I've thought about this. All Might definitely seems to be able to perform this whenever he seriously uses One For All. I'm guessing to properly contain and regulate the sheer force he's putting out.

If it isn't entirely just a unique thing just All Might could do. Think we'll ever see Izuku do something similar?

Tags:
  2. Roman Chariot

I do think it's unique to All Might tbh. We've actually seen a 100% Deku recently when fighting Overhaul and he didn't go super buff like All Might does. Even if he had help from Eri, it was only to allow Deku to be able to go all out without literally destroying himself.

If anything, I suspect that All Might's physical stature when in 100% was his actual appearance in his prime, but that has now only become a side-effect of his "transformation" as a result of his injury i.e. All Might was always buff no matter how much power he was using before his injury. By that logic, I would think Deku will have to gain more muscle mass to be able to use more of OFA's power.

3. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

There might be a Yu Yu Hakusho type thing where your body turns into its peak physical form when you use OFA.

4. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I hope not! Deku would look strange pumped up like the Hulk. OFA appears to manifest in Deku as that electric looking force field we see coursing through and around his body when he powers up.

5. OS The Entity

all mights muscle mass was there before he got gutted by afo

6. Tayimus Number One

We've seen the electricity around All Might as well.

7. Kor Well-Known Member

All Might explains this in the very first chapter/episode.

He isn’t increasing his muscles/transforming, he is literally just flexing.

The muscles were all there before his injury started making his body waste away. He can still “flex” without OfA, but only for a second.

So Deku won’t be doing the same thing unless he gets a stomach injury that also makes him look like a skeleton.

8. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Probably not, but seeing as Horikoshi is a huge comic book fan, I could always see Deku having a rage mode where he buffs up some, kind of like the Hulk.

My bet is Deku will be working on buffing up over the school breaks to better use his quirk.

9. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

So Deku is basically Toguro?

10. HellFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Nothing like the multi colored lightening that courses around and through Deku, though. That appears to be unique to Deku's manifestation of OFA.

11. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

I think Dekus body will just progress towards a more buff form, the way he went from skinny to fit. Maybe not as buffed as All Might though, but who knows. I think we will see a noticeable difference in physique after the first time skip.

He is not going to have a skinny form though, All Might only has it because of his injury.

12. PureWIN Mr. Prince

All Might's muscle mass increase thing has nothing to do with OfA. It's literally just a homage to Master Roshi who is normally scrawny but can go into his buff mode for 100% power output. It's just a weird Shounen thing - we also see this in One Piece with Zoro.

Because Deku is already in his prime, there's no reason we would see such a form from him, aside from maybe seeing him flex an arm or something.

13. Tapion Well-Known Member

movie previews suggest its just the dude's normal look.

Unless you guys want to believe his skeletal appearance his regular look.

14. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    I doubt it

Full Cowl seems to be Dekus thing

Doubt hes going to take an alternate form altogether

Id imagine each OFA user had a unique method of dealing with OFAs blowback, Toshinori's was literally being just THAT good at handling the strain :catshrug

Hence the muscle form