1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Deku have to leave the country after he graduates like All Might did ?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Sir Curlyhat, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

We learned from Volume 0 that All Might went overseas to escape AFO's reach until he was ready to stand up to him.

Will we get to a point where Shigaraki get's to take control and establish himself as the "Big Bad" the way AFO did in the past, and Deku must flee until he's ready to make his return and face him ? Will we get a time skip for that, or will the events unfold differently this time ?

Tags:
  2. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

I don't read the manga except for snippets here and there like the one you just posted so I don't know the whole story but I'll take a crack at it:

I do NOT think Deku will have to flee on account of all the people around him and so many people knowing about AFO and the LoV this time around. He has Baku to help/protect him. He has Todo. He has Lida. He has Momo. If anything GravityGirl can sacrifice herself ala Hinata and make Deku rage fuck anyone who did that. Then you account that the President is supposedly smart as fuck who will be on Deku's side. Then you have Aizawa. The police force. Endeavor. I think there are just too many things that happen in the Hero's favor to ever have him flee like his past mentor.

From what little I have read in the comments I think a big thing to a lot of readers is that the Heroes don't really seem to be facing any threats. All the Heroes are good and come out in the end. The villains always lose but never gain enough to really affect much. The Nomus are really the only thing the heroes have to watch out for. I think I read on here that it was like Naruto where you never really feel like the Heroes are backed up into a corner that much.

Deku has too many friends and mentors and relationships and drive to ever flee like that and will always find a way through plot if need be. I think it will work out itself in another way that we won't see coming.

3. Dumbluedore Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, ....!

I don't think we'll have such a big parallel between their paths. Society is transforming, of course, but I don't think Deku will need to leave, especially since now more than ever it is imperative for Heroes to work together. So he will continue fighting evil with his friends.

4. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

I guess the biggest factor here is wether Shiragaki will get to sit on that throne and have the society in the pam of his hand the way AFO did.

If that comes to be, there could be a big cleansing, with only part of the cast surviving, and most of the past generation getting wiped out/converted. It could get to a point where Deku becomes the main target as the current OFA wielder, and maybe alongside some of his friends he decides to travel over seas, while part of the current UA students decide to stay and form/join a resistance ?

There would be a parallel to that as well with the dangerous organization that stood up to AFO, and ended up getting wiped out.

Might be an interesting split for example if Bakugo remains as the rising hope of the resisting faction, while Deku makes his temporary escape, and returns as their saving grace, preventing the repeating history of those opposing AFO getting destroyed.

5. Kor Well-Known Member

Imo only way that can happen is if outright anarchy starts and people start rioting after the people lose complete faith in hero society, such as Endeavor dirty laundry being aired on what he did to his family and Hawks being in contact with the LoV and more scandals.

6. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

I think the most likely path is society falling into chaos just as Deku finishes his training, then Tomura get's Saitama'd and the final fight is OfA vs AfO for the last time.

7. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    i think AfO will get a hold of Eri long before any of this happens and restore his body to its prime...

Shigaraki is just a distraction for society while AfO harvests all the quirks in Tartaros.

8. Skaddix Well-Known Member

9. Tenma The Inferno

Deku running away won't do him any good since Shiggy could easily just target his friends and family instead as leverage

Shigaraki is also a dynamic character whom Deku will keep up with each step of the way he'll never be so overwhelming in comparison that will be necessary.

10. Djomla Student

Well it would certainly be cool to see heroes outside Japan.

Maybe someone will use a move Tokyo Smash. Lol.

11. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt Shigi will be that successful in order to force him to run.

But also Deku has way more relevant targets that Shigi can go after to force a return of Deku.

12. Yak Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll have to leave the country. AfO is not nearly as powerful and influential anymore as he was during All Might's training period. And Shigaraki is in a similar position as Deku, just getting the hang of it. Unless he massively exceeds Deku's growth, leaving the country won't be necessary.

13. WorldsStrongest I am My Scars

Canada
    I doubt Deku will follow in All Mights footsteps directly anymore in the series...With his use of Shoot Style, its pretty clear the author is trying his damnedest to not have Deku be All Might 2.0.

That said, i do like the idea of a Time Skip...And this would be a nice way to do it.

14. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

can't even catch someone outside of Japan

15. 1Person Well-Known Member

America is where the world hero headquarters is located, there's likely too many high level heroes there for AFO to take on.

16. Tayimus Number One

Can't even catch someone inside of Japan. :trinny