1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Will filler characters ever appear in the manga?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by niikeb, Oct 27, 2006.

1. niikeb

Bounty Hunter Saga (158-160)
    Sea Monster of the Ocean Country Saga (168-173)
    Ryuudoin Brothers Saga (193-196)
    Gennou Saga (197-201
    Yakumo Saga (202-207)

The Ryuudoin taijutsu genius, the ex sea monster and yakamo are all character that should still be around at the time of the manga (especially yakamo i mean for goodness sakes she lives in konoha), I mean is naruto just going to wake up one day and say Wow that was a weird dream, oh wait im supposed to meet jirya today? The Ryuudoin bros i would love to see again.

So Do you think any of the filler characters would make a 1 panel guest shot in the manga, and who would you want to or hate to see.

Tags:
  2. gokuden553

3. Rori

Kishi doesn't own them, pretty sure he won't make them appear either.

4. Senior_Superboy

If that were to happen, that would just be stupid.

5. niikeb

So what happens naruto wakes up and its all a dream?

6. Senior_Superboy

Doubt it. The filler characters probably just won't be mentioned.

7. Castitas Lilium

We don't need the likes of her in our beautiful manga.

D:

8. chakra25

I doubt Kishi will add that in because the manga won't be progressing. The whole point of fillers are just made up stuff so that manga can move forward. There's no benefit to manga by inserting filler stuff in.

9. Karin Maaka

Well, it may not be from an episode filler, but there were two guys from the third movie who had a 'special guest appearance' in the manga.

Y'know, those two retarded ramen chefs who kept putting their hands in the ramen. :notrust

The chapter wasn't very funny, though. I don't see how they're funny at all, except to add some shameless plug for the movie.

10. Mat?icha

11. DeepThought

I thin Kishi should add a three man "filler" team with the Seamonster, Peacock kid, and a Ninja chef. Maybe replace Tsunade with Tony the Tiger.

Also... he should probably give them all new outfits... you know... timeskip.

12. remy1776

That would ruin the manga, they would be too powerful.. All they would have to use is Filler no Jutsu and their opponent would be sent to an alternate realm where they would be forced to watch a year's worth of filler. Afterwards the opponent would be left in a quasi-commotose state.

But honestly, filler character+manga=suck.

13. Blooming Cosmo

If they ever did...I would cry, but I don't think Kishimoto would do such a thing...I hope...

14. kakoishii

what would be the point really, I it wouldn't help much, and what back storythese filler characters have is really shallow and stupid. I for one don't wanna see any of these filler guys made canon.

15. gabha

2 filler characters (though I think they are only from the 3rd movie) have already appeared in a part 2 chapter. Ruined it for many as well.

16. KOJ

17. Zorokiller

well, he did as someone mentioned, from the 3th movie they futured 2 characters in one chapter in the manga..

18. Kakuzu

When things are looking grim, Kunihisa (174) will arrive with an army of baby Onbu (185) and they will ride into battle against the Akatsuki and win the day!

No, the filler characters aren't going to show up. :)

19. Prince Leon

Those two idiots from movie 3 made it in, so yes it has happened.

Though I think he shouldn't have used those two....>_>

20. TenshiOni

People, anime only characters HAVE appeared in the manga.

The old Uchiha couple that used to say hello to Sasuke every morning on his way to the Academy were created by the anime first. Kishimoto added them to the manga.

In a recent manga chapter, two people were introduced as new employees of Ichiraku Ramen. The same two dudes who appeared in the 3rd Movie. And the movie came out two weeks before the chapter.

So, it's not impossible.

Now, do I think Kishimoto will add filler villains? Hell no. But random characters that the anime tries to pass off as recuring characters? Maybe.

21. Gai-Sifu

Bullshit, Kishi owns anything with the Naruto name on it. Its a franchise and he gets money for everything they use. He owns everything anyone makes. If we were to make a fanfiction book set in a naruto world, he would have part ownership over the characters we make.

He can put in whatever he likes.

Plus he put in those guys froim the movie that he didn't write, I guarentee you he'd put filler characters in if he thought it was funny, and you guys out there who think it would suck, I guarrentee you, you'll all of a sudden have a change of heart and decide that that particular episode was a great filler episode.

22. K-weave

Also, Raiga "supposed" to be one of the Seven Mist Swordsmen, if Kishimoto can't be bothered to create new ones, Raiga could be recycled in a flashback or mention.

23. Zorokiller

most filler characters are easily forgetten..like that group of people naruto and his friends (don't remember who were with him) went to that living mansion which was actually a summon...and then in the last 5 minutes the group they were looking for appeared and he immediatly felt close them ofcourse:S yay for character dept into filler characters

24. Razza

I would laugh then stop reading the manga forever.

25. Konoha

HELL No :(

26. kazuri

people on this forum have no more access to information than you do. So dont ask dumbass questions like this. despite popular belief, people on this forum are just people who enjoy naruto like you.

Could it happen yes, is it likely, no.

27. neo-dragon

I'm sorry, what's this about characters from movie 3 being in the manga? I don't recall that. Did they appear recently, because the only chapters of the manga I haven't read are 328 and the recently released 329 (waiting for high quality scanlations).

28. Sasuke X

In the manga? No chance. Only someone retarded would want to use anything related to Naruto fillers.

However, I believe we will still be seeing the filler characters after the anime gets back on track. I seem to remember the bad guy from the race filler arc being shown in a flashback during the Naruto/Saskue fight...they could be planning on using more filler characters like that.

29. Karin Maaka

Check the first page of this thread and read TenshiOni's post. They appeared somewhere in the 310's, although I can't quite remember. :doh

(those ramen chefs who replaced the girl who usually works at the ramen shop appeared in the 3rd movie)

So yeah, there's already been filler characters in the manga. Of course, they weren't part of the main story or anything...

30. neo-dragon

Oh, the ramen chefs. I didn't know that those guys were from the movie. I thought they seemed a bit out of place, but their little bit in the manga was actually kinda funny. I guess that was back when the movie was new in theatres and they were trying to promote it. There's not really any harm in having filler characters make cameo appearances. It's like in Star Wars, most fans probably don't even realize that George Lucas included some elements from the expanded universe novels and comics into the new movies. Many fans consider that material to be like fan fictions (the same way many Naruto fans view filler), but if there were elements in it that Lucas liked, he included them in the movies. And why shouldn't he? It's his world, so he decides what's canon. Same for Kishimoto.