1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Will I Die Alone?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Jul 29, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

My relationship with Lady J is currently progressing very well, but not quite as well as I would like for it to be, but this is not the thread in which to be discussing that subject; I am mentioning it because it directly relates to the main subject that I wish to discuss.

I am not afraid of dying, as I know that everyone dies, eventually, but the idea of dying alone terrifies me utterly. I have no intention of having any children, so, if I do not have a romantic partner when I die, there is the very real possibility that I may be one of countless nameless, faceless hospital patients with no one to care for them, anxiously waiting for death to overtake them. Obviously, I expect that my brother shall outlive me, as he is younger than am I, but he will be very old at that time, as well, so he will likely be wishing to spend time with his wife; I do hope to still have my friends, but, as they are all around the same age as me, they shall also be nearing the ends of their lives as I near the end of mine, so they shall have their own worries.

I wish to die knowing that there are people who care about me, that I will be missed when I am gone; that would truly make me feel as if I made a difference in this world and that my life was not meaningless.

What does everyone else say about this? How can I ensure that I do not die alone?

Tags:
  2. Mr. Waffles (old) Truest Waffle

Japan
    Not really the section for this thread. >_>

3. Island In the Sun

Posting in this section implies that "Will DDJ die alone?" is a debate topic...

As for the rest of your post:

Read Man's Search For Meaning by Victor Frankl. This is the third time I've recommended this book to you, but all of your questions here are answered in those 200 pages.

If you listen to just one of any recommendation I've ever given you, I'd want it to be to read this book. You regularly ask questions that are addressed in it, and broadly, I think anyone should read it.

4. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Think this probably goes in Country Club.

You obviously know that section since half the threads on the first page are by you.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. RemChu † Bang Bang †

Kinda a dark question m8. Think positive work on you. Hit the gym, weights wont ever hate you. Work on you buddy. Find purpose in ur life son.

I believe in you son.

Talk to the friend within.

6. Ashi Ka-Ka!

You need to work on getting a conscience

7. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Hard to say, don't really know the type of person you are. What I do know is that some people are self destructive, and ruin every good thing they have in their lives. They have the tendency to make their relationships unnecessarily complicated, and when it inevitably fails they spiral down to a self loathing pity party. They want something, and when they get what they thought they wanted and realize it doesn't make them happy they subconsciously sabotage it; hoping to find something else that would fill this void that they feel, without realizing that the emptiness they feel is self imposed.

There are many of us that are like this one way or another, I partially blame the content we are subjected to during our developmental years for this; where by the end of a work of fiction there is closure and a feeling of great triumph and fulfillment. So we search for that same thing in our own lives, and become unsatisfied because in reality love isn't as romanticized as it is in fantasy.

Now a person's offspring seems to be chemically predisposed to give a shit about them, as you can still find children loving even the worst parents. Though as you mentioned you have no intention of fathering any children, so that would increase your likeliness of aging into obscurity.

I can empathize with the fear, I don't want to grow into a doddering old sack of shit just taking up space and annoying apathetic orderlies who are obligated to deal with my nonsense.

9. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

May I please quote this post in my signature?

Why are you saying that?

10. Ashi Ka-Ka!

Cause you're always thinking of the worst-case scenario and end up doubting yourself buuuut this isnt really the place to discuss these things, just try the KCC next time

11. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

The thread has been moved, so now we may discuss the subject in detail.

Since you keep mentioning that book, I promise you that I shall read it, soon; I currently am in the middle of another book, and, after I finish that book, I will read a second book (one that I have not read in nearly twenty years and is soon to be adapted into a movie, so I need to refresh my memory of it), but I shall reach Man's Search for Meaning after that book.

12. Aphrodite Banned

You seem to really like making things about you. Anyway no one knows when they will die. You don't know if you will be old or not. No one knows what tomorrow may bring. Also as long as you are alive you will always have opportunities to bring people into your life and make new friends so there is no guarantee you will die alone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

Why are you saying that? I believe that no person should ever die alone; that is the worst possible fate that any person could suffer, one that I would not wish on even my worst enemy (which I do not have, thankfully). You definitely do not deserve to die alone, and I hope that you have family and friends with you when you die.

14. GhibliFox Member

15. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

Thanks for this ddj, this is kind of you but dont worry about me. And yeah, you are right, i have my family if anything.

And so do you, so remember that despite what may seem- not having succesfull romantic relationship doesnt mean you failed at life. A lot of people being in relationships are still unhappy and there is much more to life than this.

And if it doesnt work out with Lady J you can try changing strategy- try dating sites or something like this. You always have options, people decades older than you get together, just keep trying. :catflower

16. Seraphiel Nimu Nimu

We're all born with nothing and we all die alone

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Cubey

Konoha Sunshine Club

18. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Ddj, why don't you just talk to your family about this fear?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  19. Ashi Ka-Ka!

Not enough edge

20. Cubey

21. Djomla Jedi Master

When the time comes, buy a dog.

22. Mider T VM Rapist

Like IRL, the biggest contributor to a Country Club gets the most visibility.
    Read*
    KC(C) and the Sunshine Band.

23. Plexa Well-Known Member

After that, please read Catch-22. It has very little, if anything, to do with what you're talking about, but I love it so much.

24. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

This is going to be selfish but I'll share. I think it's dangerous to worry about this. It will hurt your mental health.

I've had a few good dates on tinder. I've turned down quite a few girls.

Truth is ddj you'll find many great girls in life and you probably will have to turn down someone.

There isn't a cosmic someone out there for you. There's lots of great people out there and you should not worry about only one girl or finding the right girl.

Let go of that idea and just enjoy the people you meet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  25. Yin Yin Within Yin God, Shiro / No Game No Life

Germany, Japan, Mexico
    My family is too distant from me that I feel adopted. If I died today I'll know I died loved by my friends, just the other day some random girl with big boobs kissed my cheek and greeted me by my name and I didn't even remember her name or who she was! Always remember there's someone you met that remembers ya more than ya think. I've always tried to keep an open mind about the people I get to meet and don't judge them by how other peeps see them as. Dying without someone next to ya doesn't necessarily mean they didn't want to be there for ya when it happens, they just can't predict the future that way. I wish ya a good life surrounded by caring peeps.
    :blobnoms

26. Ernel32.dll Smoother Than Breast Milk Moderator

I don't think you'll die alone. For one, this is something that you have a great degree of influence over. It is important to cultivate genuine friendships and relationships and make connections with people; as long as you do that, the chances of dying alone are extremely slim. There's a plane of contemplation where you always think in terms of rational courses of action and quid-pro-quo, and there's a plane of contemplation where you're dealing with your connection with other human souls, the plane of hopes, dreams, and fears, and spaces of shared conversation. If you make an effort to engage the latter more often, and stop obsessing over what you can get out of the situation, you'll be content enough with your relationships to dim the majority of these fears.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  27. White Wolf Super Moderator

Everyone dies alone, unless you're a conjoined twin.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  28. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    Go ahead. I don't mind publicity. :zaru

29. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

30. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List