1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Naruto get Asuma's Trench Knives?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Razor Ramon HG, Oct 21, 2006.

Will Naruto get Asuma's Knives?

1. Yes

51.0%
  2. No

49.0%
  1. Razor Ramon HG

Now that Asuma has died?

I don't think he will. I think he will be offered them but will decline the offer. But who knows?

Tags:
  2. SuperTyphoon

I think so. It's not like we know any other character in the series who uses wind chakra, and Naruto needs something to counter Sasuke's kusunagi sword (which he flows electric elemental chakra down). And Naruto never declines a generous offer.

3. naruhina26

I think he should just get one of them, he could just extend it using his chakra

it could be just like a defensive sword, remember the guy in ruoroni kenshin (forgot the name was it Soujiro or something) he uses a small katan for defense

4. King_Rollo

I think that would pretty much be the coolest thing ever, also I don't see who else would get them. That would be an excellent counter to the Kusangi Sword, as well as an excellent asset for Naruto. They're good close-range OR long-range weapons.

5. Nu_Shino

I think it would be pretty neat if he did get them. Will he i dunno, but he's always trying to catch up to sasuke, which is why he's doing the training right now. I can already see it now...naruto learns of asuma's death....screams 'NaNi!!'...offered to use asuma's knives...thinks about it...flashback to sasuke with the sword...flashback to asuma explaining wind chakra, blade slicing through tree and piercing rock, and when he said something along the lines of 'he who has the sharpest blade will win out'...and naruto will take the knives and be like..."with these i'll beat sasuke"...

Pretty good huh?

6. MS81

I voted yes for some strange reason but I think he will get one and they will use the other in honor of him(Asuma).

7. Ryu Kazama

Maybe one. Personally, it wont seem right if Shikamaru didn't get to keep one as a memento. Guess we'll wait and see. I still think he'll be back...no one stays down forever in the fictional universe (yes, I disliked the choice. I'll accept it in time).

8. b3ta

who knows...his new jutsu might involve those knives

9. Kyon

I hope Naruto gets Asuma's weapon. They would be an excellent foil to Sasuke's Kusangi and they looked sweet when Asuma used them. Almost on the same level as nunchucks.

10. ilabb

I think he'll get them, use them once or twice (maybe against Sasuke), and put them away never to be touched again.

Much like summoning.

11. Kagutsuchi

He'll get one of them, and since Naruto's chakra capacity is higher, he may be able to create an even bigger sword :D.

12. Zeig

I doubt it. I dont really think that he will get them jsut because he died. I think they will be put away in his honor as a Shinobi, but thats just what i think. >_>

13. Sarutobi Satoshi

I hope he well get them so we could see a little of Asuma in Naruto himself.

14. 1134

Im not too sure. If Naruto is truly the king that Asuma was talking about then I think he will get his knucklebusters. But if hes not the king then I highly doubt he will get them.

15. Thorn

That's not very good logic. Want to hear some good logic? If Kishimoto wants Naruto to get them, then he will. If he doesn't, then Naruto won't.

16. Mr. All Sunday

Seems like a good idea to me, Naruto needs something to decrease his lameness level as well as give him some new attacks (so far we have what? Rasengan, Bigger Rasengan, KAge Bunshin, and possibly a wind powered Rasengan). Asuma's trench knives were pretty cool, so maybe Shikmaru will offer them to Naruto.

17. Seelas

I hope he does. It doesn't seem like it has been too strongly implied, as Naruto wasn't even at the scene of Asuma's death. ("Oh hey Naruto, Asuma finally bit it, you want his knuckledusters?" "Fuck yeah!") On the other hand his meeting with Asuma probably wasn't for nothing, and Sasuke's using a weapon now. I guess it could go either way.

18. LordPerseus

I hope Naruto gets the trench knives, it would just add to his uberness in my opinion.

19. senkei33

i voted no but i really hope he does though

20. Alcazar

Its a possibility but I doubt he will get them...

21. fukush

I can see Shikamaru giving the knifes to Naruto....

22. Superb Herb

I don't know I voted yes I think that Naruto could make them look totally PIMP. Think he would do some cool ass shit with them. Also it would create another parallel between Naruto and Sasuke.

23. Kingrazor

That makes sense, and it'd be freiken sweet if you ask me, I really want to see what Naruto's new jutsu will be.

24. Captain Gir

i really wouldnt mind if he took them, but it would suck when the anime gets there cause he would use the knives then use a kage bunshin with rasengan...but i can also see them getting buried wit asuma too

25. Wrath

Shikamaru will give Naruto the knives at the same time he tells him about the King. Naruto using them will symbolise that he has taken on Asuma's duty of protecting Konoha, one step closer to Hokage.

26. Spectrum

I have no clue, but I voted yes just because I love the idea. And either way, I can certainly see Shikamaru offering them to him, even more so if it turns out that Naruto is the king. It would be a way to tie both the Asuma fight and Naruto's training together and complete the arc.

27. Black Mage

Why does everyone want Naruto to get those LAME knives???????

there REGULAR KNIVES

On top of that Naruto doesn't even know how to put the wind power into the knives so it would be pointless

and Naruto w/ weapons would be LAME

so either bury him with the knives or put them in the ninja hall of fame or something
    or give them to a family member (like his SON konohamaru)

28. Euraj

That would be neat, but I think they'll be given to Konohamaru. I doubt he'll use them in the series, but they'll be an allusion to the future.

29. Franckie

Naruto might get them but I hope not, mainly because I want anything that Naruto acquires to be his own in a way that sets him apart from the rest.

30. baconstyle

That would be a cop out if he did. Asuma dying so that Naruto could get his knives. I would seriously be upset if this happened. I might even cry.