1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Will Rukia Achieve Bankai?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by roguenoir, Nov 23, 2005.

?

1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    74.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  1. roguenoir S-Ranked Pervert

At least in this current manga arc..

With lesser Shinigamis like Ikkaku already using Bankai, it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that Rukia has already achieved it. Plus, she and Ichigo are in a pinch right now and it may be a good opportunity to use it and turn the tides.

Tags:
  2. DesertLily Panties! Glorious panties!

Considering the way things are going, I'm sure she will. I don't think she should, nor do I think anyone else should, but she probably will.

3. Christen Itachi's trouble

Probably she already has. Remember that Rukia is already at the rank of a captain.

Maybe she isn't just using it yet.

4. Lord Of Reapers Different name same Reaper

I dont think she will but if she does that would be good

5. Wrath Mourning

Yes, she will.

However it won't be for a good while. After all we haven't seen the full powers of her Shikai yet. Expect Rukia to go on a crazy training spree after the current arc, since she knows now that she really doesn't match up to the others.

Rukia was always the weakest person on this mission (well, she might be stronger than Yumichika without his true Soul Cutter), it was just an issue of the size of the difference between her and the others.

In fact, I would expect every recurring character - who has already shown Shikai - to have Bankai by the end of the series. That's really not a very long list. Only about half the VCs count.

6. Seymourbuts Look at him go

WTF? I thought she is just a seated officer...

7. Weavern Shadow of Fate

The way things are going its going to turn into the SSJ phenomon where everyone that is an important character can obtain bankai. So give it some time and we will most likely see Rukia with it.

8. monk3 Ryokan Pride

yeah she probably will or has already attained bankai since she pwned that Arrancar so easily with the first dance of her shikai

9. ten sa zangetsu Member

Yeah, I thought so too. Where does it say that she's a captain level?

10. TEK Akatsuki

Yea, she's just at the level of a seated officer. Byakuya didn't want her to be seated because of the danger of the missions of being a seated officer.

I don't think she'll achieve bankai. Bankai is really special and if she achieves it, then it'll be like everyone will have it by the end of the series, and I don't want that happening. I don't think she'll get it during this arc but with the way things are going, she might get it in a future arc, unfortunately.

11. Gene ? ロ?

I think Rukia has the capability to achieve it, but I hope she won't. Once Rukia gets her bankai, everybody else will start getting it too. Bankai is supposed to be like this super-ubber power that only a handful of shinigami can achieve. I think there is enough shinigami w/ bankai in the manga already.

12. Key #1

it's just like dbz, like when goku achieved SSJ all the other Saiyans achieved SSJ even quicker

13. Pratz Pirate Wannabe

I don't think Rukia's going to get Ban Kai at all, or at least for a long time.

Only one VC has it, and Renji was practically head and shoulders above the rest of the VC's. Ikkaku was third seated in the 11th division, and if there wasn't the relationship between Kenpachi and Yachiru, he probably would have been VC. Two Vice Captains having Ban Kai should be expected. Its a sign of a Captain, as such you don't get it after you become a Captain. There's three (maybe) open positions for captain, and I wouldn't be supprised if another one of the group that came with them has Ban Kai. Aside from Hitsugaya obviously.

Ikkaku said when he used it he didn't want anyone else to know. He might be hiding it because he doesn't want to become a Captain.

14. Mindless Ergo Proxy

Probably.

I think it's quite unlikely that she wont.

15. Tenrow Silver Wolf

No one so far has accually seen the full extent of rukia's power. Remember they said the only reason why she wasn't given a seat, was because of the orders of Byakuya and that she had the strength to be a seated shinigami. For all we know she could have received ban kai during the short period of time of relaxation.

16. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

everybody's freakin gettin it, so why not her.

17. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

She might as well get Bankai, since most major characters have to get upgrades to stay in the game.

18. TEK Akatsuki

I don't think everyone will get it. I think 3 non-captain characters will achieve it. Renji was the first, Ikkaku is now the second. Now the question is, who is the third. I think the reason that there are 3 non-captains that will achieve it is because they need to fill the vacant captain spots. I don't think Ikkaku would want to take a captain spot because he loves his place in the 11th division and wants to stay in it. That's why he doesn't want his captain to know. It's just like how Yumichika doesn't want his division to know about his demon-art style shikai zanpaktou. They love it in the 11th division and they don't want to leave.

19. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

If by bankai you mean
    Spoiler: Manga Spoilers
    Renji's dick in her mowf
    then yes, yes she will.

20. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Why only three? Are we following the Mangekyou rule now? If the character is important enough, then they will probably achieve Bankai, in one form or another.

21. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

I don't think she has it now, but she will undoubtly.
    And everyone's shikais and bankais are not equal. Rukia supposedly has other "dances" for her shikai, which is already quite amazing. Her shikai might be better than the bankai of a waste-of-panels character.

22. ShuiMei Member

I rather Rukia have a multitude of 'dances' for her shikai than her having bankai, it's much more interesting that way.

If she does achieve bankai I won't necessarily be surprised though, I wouldn't necessarily like it, but she is a main character afterall.

23. starphoenix ChaosKage

Does Rukia even need a bankai, against most hollows and lesser allancars, her first shikai attack is just overkill. Although since her zanpakuto is an ice elemental type does that mean all her attacks and shikai abilities are ice elemental types and if she obtains bankai will it be an ice elemental type as well. By the time she achieves bankai, she will have revealed alot more abilities.

24. hhallahh Member

If Ikkaku gets it, of course Rukia will too.

25. Near Seeker of Truth

Yes she will, and beat Yama-jii as well, while sun tanning, in the winter, because its the only logical way to go.

26. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

She better not any time soon.

If she's always had Ban Kai then her losing to that piddling little hollow in the first chapter is even more stupid than it is already, if she was that strong even in her weakend state she should have handled it easily.

27. Christen Itachi's trouble

My mistake for saying she is at the rank of a captain. ^^;

I don't see why she won't reach bankai.

28. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Unless she is VC level I don't see how she could, personally I wouldn't like any of the VCs to have Ban Kai, but I could deal with 3 or 4 (tops), right now we have Renji and Ikkaku (who is VC level).

29. mightyiguana New Member

NOT IF SHE IS GETTING OWNED BY SOME ARRANCAR!!! She has got no moral currency in the bank to have bankai. If I do not start seeing her fight with all her strength and soul and WIN to the point of death, one of these days, she had better not have bankai before then.

30. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Hey, Renji and Ikkaku have never won (yet). Rukia got owned, but it was by the boss of the arc who moved faster than Ichigo could react, and Ichigo has beaten up 3 vice captains at once with his bare hands. Rukia will almost certainly get Bankai by her lead character status alone, if she doesn't have it now. Rukia having Bankai already is arguably more plausible than Ikkaku having it (Why didn't he use it against Ichigo? Why?!). Rukia is a likely candidate to take down Ichimaru Gin, given her being the secondmost important good guy, his being the secondmost important bad guy, and his twisted fascination with her, and for that she'll need Bankai.