1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Will Russell Westbrook ever win an NBA Championship?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Mider T, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Mider T VM Zombie

Westbrook has played with greats such as Kevin Durant, James Harden, Derek Fisher, Serve Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, and Nate Robinson. He's averaged a Triple-Double this year and is a leading candidate for MVP and is a frequent All-Star player. But he has yet to win a championship despite coming up on his 10th year in the league. Why do you think that is? And will he ever win one? Also how mad do you think he'll be if the Rockets or the Warriors take it this year?

Tags:
  2. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I think there's a great chance of us joining the Knicks and making the playoffs.

3. Mider T VM Zombie

4. Rukia I’m the fucking game!

Germany
    No chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

How do you define great? Say goodbye to the Rockets.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  6. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

7. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Come on, he is more than young enough.

8. Snapple raspberry tea

Belgium
    I don't see Westbrook winning a championship while he's still in OKC, unless they manage to draft Durant 2.0 and trades for some effective bigs.

9. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

For some reason you need superstars to win championships, so he would need more of those around him in order to beat the Warriors and Cavaliers of the world, lol. I wonder why a super-team consisting of no superstar hasn't won more Championships. The only one of recent memory are the Detroit Pistons with Prince, Hamilton, Wallace times two, etc. :)

10. Hubris You're Welcome!

There are only two people in the league with systems. Lebron system, where if you buy into it you can win a championship and the rus system where you can get rus a triple-double season while making your teammates look worse than they are. Personally, I think if rus can stop playing hero ball he could possibly win a chip one day.

11. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

You make Bron sound like the Spurs or something.

12. Hubris You're Welcome!

Well, LeBron did win 3 championships under his system, so it is proven to work. You think Tyronn Lue is orchestrating genius? or that his first two runs were because of Erik Spoelstra?

I disagree with you one that one, the most recent team to do so was the 2014 spurs.
    Kawhi Leonard played great that season but wasn't recognized as a superstar till the following season when he finally made his first all-star appearance. Plus Tim Duncan could've arguably been named Finals MVP since they had comparable stats and I wouldn't even call Tim Duncan a superstar at this point in his career.

13. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Does not change the fact that he is nothig like the Spurs. Spo probably had more to do with those 2 than Lue.

14. Hubris You're Welcome!

Yeah, I guess, it's a good thing I didn't make that comparison, you did! As long as Pat Riley is the Gm Spoelstra will never have any credibility as a good coach in my opinion. If Riley leaves and he is still successful then I'll agree with that.

15. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

You said 2 people in league with systems. That is nonsense. That's like saying as long as RC is at the Spurs Pop has no credibility.

LeBron also cherry picks rebounds.

16. Hubris You're Welcome!

Yeah, and this video proves that Lebron has his own system. Now let's compare this to how Westbrook get rebounds.
    This means russ has his own system too, to inflate his numbers and allow his teammates to look worse than they actually are.

17. InfiniteHiraishin Lil B's Ghostwriter

Don’t think he can win unless OKC has some serious remodeling or he moves similar to KD or Harden

18. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Hubris;
    There are only two people in the league with systems. Lebron system, where if you buy into it you can win a championship

One second it's about winning, the next it's about stat padding.

19. Hubris You're Welcome!

Well, that is because what I have been saying is that both players are similar in that they have free reign to do whatever they want on the court, often to the detriment of the team. I mention winning because if everyone on the team buys into Lebron's whims it is possible to win a championship, which to this point hasn't been the case for Russ. Russ is an even bigger detriment to his team, he has been known to box out his own teammates for rebounds, and on one occasion even blocking a teammate attempting to do a putback just so he can get the rebound for himself. There doesn't seem to be any repercussions for this behavior by the coach, and when a coach is too intimidated by a player to reprimand them, that throws any sense of system functionality out the window.

Still, the only two players who have that type of autonomy remain Lebron and Westbrook. That is what I mean when I say those two have their own system.

20. Mider T VM Zombie

21. B Rabbit OL's Best

As an OKC fan that hurts.

22. Hubris You're Welcome!

23. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

Definitely not this year, especially since my boy hardens going to crush his dreams round 2.

But in the future I think he'll start to care about that a little more, he's stat chasing. cant dispute this because he himself worked hella hard in the game he needed to get those bounds in order to average another triple double. Hopefully he gets it before his body starts to slow down though.

24. Mider T VM Zombie

25. Hubris You're Welcome!

Maybe for the video, but what about the gif where he was blocking his own teammate? You can't tell me he didn't know that was his teammate. Also, what about those inside jokes from Russ's teammates (Carmelo Anthony & Enes Kantor) about how he steals rebounds from them. and these guys were on two different incarnations of that OKC team. There are no repercussions for his actions on the court.

26. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Why did your boy Harden play so bad in the last game against the Spurs in the last playoffs?

27. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

He jacked up some bs shots that game, was starting to heat up scoring wise but he did come up with a block I believe and stuff. But yeah mostly the shots he decided to take were bad nothing more nothing less.

28. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

Ron Artest once pants Paul Pierce as a defensive maneuver but it didn't work.

29. Djomla Student

No. Man is all about stats. To win a ring you need a team. Everybody playing for Russel isn't a team.

30. Marco 8 Ball Palma Banned

Maybe if he gets humbled by life. He seems to be a great dude off the court but on the court...