1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Will team 8 and 10's missions be set aside as filler material?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mizura, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Mizura Meh

It's commonly assumed by now that team Gai's fight will be used as filler material. Now at this point, we've heard mentions of team 8 going on a mission, and team 10 going on a mission. They're not going on This mission. They might or might not be mentioned in this arc of the manga.

So is it possible that Kishimoto set them there for anime filler material? Having two more missions for the animators to work with would certainly prolong the anime.

Of course I won't even Begin to tell you how much that'd annoy me though (in essential, all of the improvements would be "filler"...).

Thing that might argue Against this though: the fact that Naruto can't come along. :huh (fillers always have Naruto coming along)

Tags:
  2. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Most likely. I mean Kishimoto might use some characters like Kiba and Shikamaru again in the Manga and maybe even Ino, if he wants to put some rivalry for Sakura again, but in most likely cases they have become obsolete characters who will be only in the background but not really in the action.

This is understandable since you can't simply process with that many characters in a manga. Most of these peoples were mainly added to make the chuunin exam more lively, now Naruto and team 7 will be battling mostly versus Akatsuki and Orochimaru's gay squad, so most of these people have no real background in these stories.

3. Mizura Meh

4. Razgriez Banned

I have no evidence to support my claim so dont start asking for me to prove anything.

5. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

1) Kishi is setting them up on missions to do a quick "make the fans happy" scene and show all thier outfits, then push them back off to the side for awhile

2) Kishi is doing this to "build in" safety controls as far as anime/manga are concerned, which actually is not a half bad thing to do, as much as some people hate filler, its far better then having the anime overtake the manga.

3) Thier missions (or at least one of) may actually coincide with Naruto and co's mission to grass at some point. We don't know where they are actually being sent, so its possible thier paths could cross through some circumstances further down the line.

6. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I think they will show Team Ebisu's mission as well.

7. Mizura Meh

:laugh;;

8. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Well he was used in the Sasuke rescue arc right? He was also the only member of Team 8 who got proper screen time in part 1. So there is a big possibility he and Akamaru might be back. Pretty much same goes to Chouji also.

9. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I don't see Team 8 or Team 10 suddenly dissapearing from the manga like you seem to want BattousaiMS. Kishimoto isn't that stupid.

10. Mizura Meh

No, it means that his use is over and there's nothing more to do with him. :huh

11. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

They won't dissapear, they will simply be background character, like appearence here and there. This has nothing to do with Kishimoto being stupid. Kishimoto will focus on the main characters and the secondary characters (as in to be used in the storyline, in battles and so on) and he will add additional characters needed for missions or arc (like Chiyo and possibly the ANBU dude Yamato for next arc, maybe even Sai, who can potentially become a secondary character).

He is simply limiting himself to characters he would need and would develop for the cause, or else he would be at chapter 2000 and the story still won't end.

12. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

Unfortunatly, I agree with BattousaiMS. It seems as though the other character in Naruto are going to be pushed aside.

I really dont like this though. It may just be me but what really makes Naruto great is the characters. As much as I love Naruto and team 7, I loved it when the focus the the manga was split into different back stories. Neji's trouble witht he main house. Hinata trying to resolve herself to become better and be recognized by Naruto and her father. Lee's persuit to be recognized as a powerful Shinobi and protect his Nindo. Gaara fighting with his inner deamons. You get the point. While the story still revolved around Naruto and the gang, it was a welcome change to see development in one the very many other awesome characters Kishimoto has created from time to time. However, it seemed that Kishimoto is pretty much giving his other character's the shaft. The manga is still good but its just not the same anymore.

13. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

You've already said how you don't like Team 8 (with the exception being Kiba) so I'd say all your comments are biased. You would be saying this same thing about Chouji before the rescue Sasuke arc, now wouldn't you?

Kishimoto is too attached to his characters to kill them off, so I highly doubt he'll just put them all in the bakground. He said that the manga focuses on the younger generation. Team 8 and Team 10 are both parts of the new generation.

14. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

No, it just seems like the beginning of the Chuunin exam again. It's just a re-introduction of the characters. If you think about it, the teams have been re-introduced in the same order that they were originally introduced, or in which we got to see their big moments. We started off with seeing Kakashi's team again, the Sand Trio, then Gai's team, Kurenai's team, and now Asuma's team. The Sand trio appeared first before the Chuunin exam was announced. Then Gai's team first appeared when the Chuunin exams were announced. We saw the other teams all together, but we first saw them in action in the same order. We saw Kurenai's team when they got their first scroll and then we finally saw Asuma's team when they went out of their way to protect Kakashi's team.

In a way, they're repeating the same things again.:amuse

Anyway, I don't think they'll show filler episodes of Team 8 or 10 going on their own missions. Of course, it'll just depend on how the story turns out for this next arc, since you never know when they may suddenly appear to surprise us.:smile-big

15. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Why would it be annoying to see how the Gai and other team fights turned out? It's better than some made up joe shmoe being made up for the fillers imo, and since fillers are bound to happen again, I'd rather it be something I want to see, rather than....Raiga..eeeeewwww Raiga :barf bleh

16. Paoa08 Super Paoa.

Nah, I don't think it's filler material because Naruto wont be there, and god knows that it's not filler without Naruto spamming Rasengan.

17. Mizura Meh

Really? Cool! But I don't think this gives us an indication of when the rest of the cast will have their big moments, if at all. =\

Not specifically team Gai's fights, but if we only get to see the other teams' "that jutsu" or improvements in fillers, => hell. :oh

18. Paoa08 Super Paoa.

Actually, wasn't Team Asuma introduced before team Kurenai right before the 1st exam?

19. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Where did I ever said I like Kiba? It's not about being biased but taking fact into account. If I was biase about it then I would be saying they will never appear again because they suck or something like that. Thereality is team 8 has been mostly a Chuunin exam add up, to get us some more matches and possibly use one or two character in another arc. They are like that Chizou (you know that doll dude that hangs with the 3 eyes in DB). Team 10 was pretty much the same, except team 10 had a closer relationship to team 7, since Shika and Chouji have been Naruto's friend for quiet sometime since childhood and Ino had a rivalry with Sakura. Now in part 2, however, even Ino and Chouji will get slashed in action to give space for new characters like sai and Uchiha lookalikes.

Why? Because they (team 7) have moved into a different ladder. Now it's them, versus Akatsuki and Orochimaru Gay squads. Kishimoto can't seriously insert people like Chouji, Ino, Hinata, Kiba, Shino in there since they hardly have any connection/background with these groups. So to save space for his storyline Kishimoto will use them as sudden pop ups here and there, since he simply has to many character to play in this new ordeal.

Characters like Shikamaru, Neji, Lee, Gaara and team Sand, will be in it, because they tend to be secondary characterswith a hefty long mostly incomplete goals and even then most likely they might not be in fights but simply advancing the story. Since a fight takes about 2 full chapters and Kishimoto can't really put 2 chapters per arc for each of them, so they will have to split the free space he has.

It's not really anything against certain characters it's more about their value to the storyline and their usefulness.

20. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

In the manga, we saw them all together at the first examination area. So, they both showed up together even if one was introduced before the other.

No, it doesn't, but as you said, it is cool.:amuse Although, if he is trying to parallel parts of Part 1, we could use that to try and predict some things in Part 2.;) Hmm, that would be pretty corny though if that's what he actually does... he could do it for a bit to lead us to think that an event is going to turn out as it did in Part 1, but then he could change it at the deciding moment. Of course... that would be pretty easy to predict too.:huh So I guess it would be better if he just doesn't try to do too many more parallels like that with the story in Part 2.

21. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

I'm just hoping that there's a chance of Kishi showing at least, a bit of team 8 and 10's missions. As flashbacks, or whatever.

If he's going to keep it for fillers, then fine. I'd download them. :scry I just hope he won't leave it, at all.

22. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

I predicted this too, and as you say Miz it's great that this way Naruto won't be able to tag along. but there are 2 things that bother me here.

1. From what we gather it seems Kishimoto has changed the manga to slightly suit the animators

2. He would have to reveal their new moves soon in the manga so that when this becomes filler, the characters can use actual moves rather than invented ones, because invented moves suck and also it will be inconsistent in the long run. If Hinata whips out a major kickass move in the manga but in the anime she resorts to some cheapo move, then it will be like "why didn't she just do that really good kickass move in the first place" when it is finally revealed.

EDIT: I'm wondering how the characters will be reintroduced in the anime. Do you think they will make it different and introduce them before Naruto sees them? Or will Naruto meet them and then have to go their own way to have a filler arc while we sort of 'rewind' to moments after they met again only to see Chouji and Shikamaru?

23. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

I hope Kishimoto stops it but the chances that their missions become filler are highly likely. If like to see flashback arcs of their training personally.