1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Will technology end up being the key to defeating the Otsuksuki, or a crutch??

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Ultra Instinct Senjutsu, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    Boruto seems to be a lot about technological advancement, via ninja watches that shoot jutsu without chakra, prosthetics, and economic advancements as well.

Will all these new advancements be the key to getting the upper hand once the O'clan make another appearance, or are we basically getting a look at the technology, only to see it all ripped away because it cant cut it against gods that literally drain planets of life in order to gain new eyes.

I'm also getting a vibe that everyone (aside from Kawaki, for now) will be weaker with their technology, than someone would be naturally, basically giving us a bunch of likliness' to the androids from DragonBall, but instead for fodder as time goes on. (Garo, Ao, etc)

thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

idk Momo called it primitive compared to his pills

the whole O clan thing is destroying chakra

Byakugan/GF, Rinnegan, Karma, Toneri's chakra orbs, Urashiki's fishing rod

seems that they have multiple ways in destroying, draining and stealing chakra while so far the ninja tech just spews out ninjutsu

like how it helped Momo power up

But it seems beyond taijutsu the ninja tech can replicate mutliple abilities even rinnegan ones like absorption etc... so yeah it will help

especially since Naurto said he is getting his arm upgraded to have that absorption ability

3. king81992 Well-Known Member

Technology will help but it won't be enough to take down the Ootsutsuki. For all we know, the Ootsutsuki might have some crazy tech of their own.

4. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    So is Naruto's current arm casually detachable, or will we get to see him yank it off like a zetsu arm?
    I could have sworn the xray of his new arm showed bone and everything.

I'm not following the Manga super closely, but I'm curious what abilities his current arm has, if any, and if he has changed arms since it was first attached?

What if chakra, and/or dojustu in general is their technology?
    If Momo thinks it's primitive, and his Rinnegan can do it (plus lots more), maybe dojutsu in general is their species technology since their eyes do everything they'd need from chakra control, collection, usage, traveling space-time, attacking, defending, etc.

If you think about it, they say IRL technology can be derived from alien technology (if you belivee that kind of stuff) but basically thats all the Narutoverse is, an alien arrived, brought basically a form of science with her, and boom, all shinobi reverse engineered chakra and found new ways to use it, i.e, Jutsu.
    If you think about it, the more "advanced" species/cultures always prevail over weaker ones, and this could be something O'clan members are used to thinking.

this sort of relates to what i said above.
    But all those ways, are "stealable" or able to be given and used, like technology.

This idk, it seems they are "born" to manipulate chakra, or are beings that evolved from/with chakra.
    Why else would O'clan memebers seem biologically born with Byakugan (able to see chakra, far distances, more of their surroundings, etc), it could every well be an evolutionary trait.
    Although, they seem to be able to "evolve" their eyes/abilities, in order to become stronger.
    Saiyan's and their ability to have transformation after transformation like they are genetically made to gain more "power" anyone?!

5. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

yeah so much things are unknown for the O clan and it seems we will have to wait until post Kara/Karma stuff to get into it

the whole rules of chakra and everything is via them and maybe other aliens

as for Naruto's arm

yeah it is detachable he used Katasuke's new one in a test fight against Boruto

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    this may be the best thing I've ever seen.
    Naruto will have all the Rinnegan abilities naturally once he fires a Fist rocket, Absorbs Chakra, and whatever else he gets.

Sasuke must be so disappointed

7. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

I feel that he likely also asked Katasuke for an arm upgrade since he said tech will be necessary in upping their game against the O clan

8. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    wait til this dude basically turns out to be a chakra fueled Ironman towards the end who can rapid fire all kinda of jutsu

9. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Spoiler:
    this one was a proto-type too

one day he will have the complete suit

10. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    Soooo maybe he messed up against Momoshiki and learned his lesson, and will now use tech to become a competent fighter, just like Genos in One Punch lmao

But for real, that's awesome, realistically, Naruto is right, technology has to give them an edge one O'clan come back into play.

11. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I think it will help but Boruto's eyes and seal likely will be a tipping factor, as well as (hopefully) other characters.

12. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

Criminals and other villages have the potential to use technology as well as Konoha. So I think Konoha will have to become stronger using technology to improve when they see how threatening Kara is. Eventually, combining the best of new technology and traditional shinobi skills and abilities will lead to stronger shinobi.

14. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I absolutely hate the idea that Naruto can remove his hand! A robotic hand is no improvement on a flesh and blood one. Even if it can absorb energy, it can also break down and be totally useless.
    Another annoying idea. MechaNaruto was irritating enough but at least it wasn't assumed to be canon.
    And yet shinobi with the ability to create these jutsu are still needed in the making of kote scrolls. Much of the other inventions are simply copies of things that shinobi can already do such as walk up walls or that are already in existence such as flash bombs and the like. I'm hoping that all of this tech turns out to be what brings down Konoha and it will be the shinobi abilities wielded by Boruto that will save the day in the end.

15. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet, I want to see how the anime plays it off, could be super funny, but I do agree, it is a slight disadvantage, especially if it broke from a heavy hitter.
    But again, I remember seeing a bone, so the fact it detaches is annoying, but better be white zetsu related for him to be able to have control of it and whatnot.

This episode did make me cringe and was tough to watch, we could always get a 6PathsMechaNaruto filler, something ridic for the kids to fight.
    But this is a nice touch, and makes sense as far as the technology is concered, I'd like to see where that scene lead to.

Or leading to everybody (village) wanting their own Mitsuki's or Kawaki's.
    Seems like mix&matched genetic clones with tech advancements will be the future.

16. Djomla Student

Luke Skywalker will get angry cause they stole his lightsaber, will come to the Verse and solo everyone.

Srsly, as always, Naruto and Sasuke will be the key.

17. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

That's definitely one of the reasons why ninja technology will advance very quickly. Paranoia has always dominated the history of shinobi in Naruto. Kara could definitely be the excuse the other villages need to try and make a shinobi strong enough to fight Naruto and Sasuke. If Orochimaru can make Mitsuki. Eventually someone will be able to mass produce sage mode users, they could make an army of people stronger than Jiraiya.

But the technology won't exactly really replace the need for shinobi.

The main problem with Boruto relying on kote was that he used it in such an immature way. Trying to cheat so obviously in front of so many shinobi was just embarrassing. Naruto was wise enough to recognise that. There's a real danger that being reliant on technology will make people take essential shinobi skills for granted.
    No kote will let an ameteur or fresh genin with a kote replace a hardened shinobi with the kind of training and experience that a chunin or jonin has. Judgement, martial arts, observation, courage, team work, manipulation and deception. You can't get those from technology. The real power will come from the new generation learning to use technology while mastering old skills. Or older shinobi picking up kote. To the extent that not using kote will be as detrimental as Lee not being able to use ninjutsu.

18. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    We aren't even at war and tech is advancing like crazy.
    Perhaps we will see these "clones" be the new thing, or at least replicating.

We have seen Shin (all with MS, so its possible to clone dojustu), Mitsuki & Log + any others Oro made, zetsu's and their versions,
    Spoiler: Latest Boruto episodes
    plus the Akuta and all their versions we saw the past few episodes.

Wonder if we will see Lee rock any ninja tech, he would be the perfect fit to use them.
    At least as a test subject since he would be more durable with his gates.

Maybe Naruto's future arm will have that feature, maybe able to use any jutsu he can't or something like that.

19. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Idk how i feel about Naruto being able to take his hand off like that. I'd prefer it if they used biotech as opposed to pure metal on metal. I thought him having a Hashirama arm was pretty cool.

20. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    Same, maybe this is a subtle way of keeping Naruto from having Wood Style ;33

21. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

We also have to wonder how technologically advanced the O clan is

IF they created the rinnegan/Shinju tree then the rinnegan family is/was created by them which means the 6 paths was created by them and one of the paths is that mechanical stuff with missiles and a laser beam lol

even if they didn't create it they knew about such tech insanity via that ability for thousands upon thousands of years

also if the O clan ever did fight against themselves or other aliens then like any war you would have innovation in weaponry and devices

22. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

They reached the pinnacle of combining biology with tech in the form of the rinnegan it seems. Makes you wonder if biological weaponry fused with superior ninja in the form of dojutsu, seals, or prosthetics is going to be the future of warfare in Boruto when dealing with the O clan.

23. Ignition Revolving Vaudaville

Unless they developed nukes, nah.

24. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    It'd be interesting to think of it like this;

(I did a lot of copy/paste to simply this idea)

Control over attractive and repulsive forces with the ; They have mastered the elements of gravity throughout space, and can mimic its effects. We already know that Planetary Devastation is likely the strongest ability this path grants and has everything to do with space, esp with Madara pulling down meteorites.

The ability to mechanize one's body with the This means technological hardware and the advancement of it, maybe its strongest attack could be nuclear related, or a step farther and have some kind of Dark Matter bomb that's at least planetary/small country scale as far as damage done.
    This seems A LOT like the ninja tech in Boruto, or the physical "We can remake him, we have the technology" Jigen is all about that Kawaki apparently gets.

Through the ;They have mastered Mind, Body, and Soul, allowing them to understand how to read minds, immobilize the body, and take the soul.

The crazy amount of available to the ; They understand space/time jutsu (Obv) and summoning other beings.
    *Granted, we only see earthly being like the chameleon, rhino, centipede, etc. But it does seem feasible a Rinnegan wielder, who may have gotten their Rinnegan from another planet, get a different variety of beasts to call upon, and since Shinju suck the life out of the world, maybe the Rinnegan summons it grants are specific to the energies it absorbed?

through the ; This means they understand chakras uses within the body, and how to willingly take upon themselves the chakra of others, using it to replenish reserves, heal, etc.

Access to the through the
    They have mastered spirituality and regeneration, and seemingly life itself, as if this really is a king of anything, then his realm/idealogy must have been mastered, or enslaved to the idea of the Rinnegan and its spiritual abilities it grants.

The , is said to allow the user to preside over life and death, granting the ability to ;This goes with the above, they have mastered the concept of life/death.
    This can be further proven by Momoshiki, who was straight up killed, but had to capacity to not only get a grip on reality while dying, but manipulate his soul/etc to go to, and speak directly into Boruto's mind (Human Path ability of a different Rinnegan perhaps?)
    This is also how I believe Hagoromo just floats throughout time with the Force like a damn jedi.

The Rinnegan also can decipher codes (supercomputer and/or calculator functions?) and traverse dimensions in Sasukes case.

The "Primitive" abilities

As far as Preta, Animal, Human, Asura, and Outer Paths are concerned, we have seen regular shinobi with the ability to flirt with the line of being able to replicate them, but primarily, they can only do part of any singular path.

We have seen characters who can use different techniques to absorb chakra, but only on a very, very, very limited scale compared to the Rinnegan. Dude who fights sasuke in the exams, hinata, etc.
    Animal is just summoning, and we see hella characters with their own summonings.
    Think about Sasori primarily with Asura Path, then of the ninja tech, turning ones body mechanical, or adding technology to oneself to become stronger, also has a huge base of examples in Boruto.
    Outer path, sounds a lot like Edo Tensei, which is in the natural name, impure reincarnation, this literally brings people back from the dead in exchange for a sacrifice. We also see the likes of chiyo who can give themselves to bring someone back, sounds almost the same as Rinnegan, aside from it only being a single life for a life.
    The Human path is basically discovered by the Yamanaka Clan, they can literally take over your mind & body, as well as reading someones mind.

Hell, Wood Release seems to have a ton of uses in and of itself, it's required in order to grow your own Shinju to begin with.
    Maybe some of their breakthroughs in science was discovering the "releases" of mixed elements, which led to them learning how to create a giant tree to suck the life of a useless planet.
    Although, this makes me wonder, because gene editing would have had to be done, in order for Byakugans to be naturally occuring, and having the ability to unlock other dojustu, ALTHOUGH I believe it can be argued, that in order to have a Sharinga as an O'clan member, one MUST have the Rinnegan genes from birth (see Hagoromo, Uchiha Clan, etc)
    Or else its all Byakugan (see Hyuga Clan)

All conjecture of course, but who knows, maybe the Shinju came before the Otsutsuki, and/or they discovered the trees spread throughout dimensions on their own, some-crazy-how.

THOUGHTS?

'

As I said above, the Asura Path could very well have its own special attacks, aside from the passive ones we saw the Pain Path use, maybe the head/arm could detach to form a rocket with a nuclear payload, or perhaps giving up half, if not more, of their total chakra for a dark matter (anything crazy scifi energy) based bomb attack.