1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Will we be seeing UA get shut down?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Aros001, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Aros001 Member

Just from a story and writing perspective, I think that sometime around the end of Midoriya's first year or beginning of his second, we'll be seeing UA getting shut down as a school.

The only real justification I have for this is just the thought that, in-school-wise, there's really not much that'd likely be different in Midoriya's second and third years at UA vs. his first, save for the difficulty of his classes and maybe preparing to graduate. The actual classwork, exams, and events are not likely to be very different. In fact, it's been stated a few times that exams like fighting the teachers and the provisional license exam are things typically done by the older classes, so 1A and 1B are already a little ahead of what they'd be doing in their next two years.

I imagine the author would want to avoid a problem Bleach started to have in its later runs where the arcs started to feel like repeats. The only school-related such I can imagine the audience being open to seeing again would be the UA Sports Festival and that's mainly just for another tournament between the students.

Plus, I also have this weird idea that the author wouldn't want the class's name to change. All our main students are under the title "Class 1A". When they move on to their next year, they are no longer "Class 1A" but likely rather "Class 2A" to match their year (or class 2B, if students from 1A and 1B get pooled and redistributed. Boy, wouldn't that screw with Monoma?). Cynical thought, I know, but brand-recognition and in-story important around that name.

And finally we have the suspected and still mysterious traitor within UA working with the League of Villains since a time even before Toga and Dabi joined it.

So between the author likely wanting to keep things fresh and a traitor still in prime hidden position to do some major damage to the school, I do think we might at some point be seeing UA either get destroyed or have such a tragedy occur involving UA that it gets shut down.

What would happen after that point is hard to say, though given that Midoriya still would have plenty to learn even outside of schoolwork about being a hero, the title "My Hero Academia" (or "Boku no Hero Academia", whichever you prefer) would still make sense. It'd still be the (former) students of Class 1A learning what it takes to be a hero, just in a much different world than before. Currently we can split the entire story up into two sections: "All Might" and Post All Might". Next would be "UA" and "Post UA".

What do you guys think? It's entirely possible I'm completely wrong.

Tags:
  2. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

1) If UA gets shut down then what is stopping the students just from going to another school? The whole entire school>internships>sidekick>graduate>pro hero thing is ingrained into the society at this point and there is no changing it aside from a total societal collapse at which point UA being shut down is the least of everybody's worries. The #1 school being closed would suck but no more than losing the #1 Hero. People just adjust and get used to Endeavor or the #2 school becomes #1 in its place. Nothing really changes honestly.

Dam I had one other point I wanted to make but it slipped my mind as I was typing. Either way Boruto still has the Chuunin Exams thereby I don't see MHA losing the whole school system blueprint just yet unless, as I said earlier, there is a complete collapse of society where villains are running amok and then it turns into the Future Trunks saga where only a band of heroes have to live underground and "train" just to survive. Then I can see UA being shut down but that is only because no schools are in place LOL

3. cry77 Dont rustle my Jimmies.

I suppose it depends on how long the manga is gonna last. If it's only gonna last 5 years from now, then I would agree, since 5 years would barely be enough to have them graduate.

Personally I think the 2nd year will be more or less one big time-skip, with possible updates here and there.

And then we get the 3rd and final year, before it's out in the real world.

4. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I can see this playing out close to Harry Potter, with society taken over at large and heroing going underground.

5. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

I expect it to happen, if Gentle would have broken into the Cultural Festival, that would have been it for U.A., its reputation is already in the shitter.

6. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Considering all of their slips and the emphasis we've had with the villains slowly chipping away at the credibility of heroes, it's certainly possible.

We had them say that ua would be finished if bakugou joing the LOV, so if the traitor is pubicly revealed, or worse, a student dies from a villain attack? They might be done.