1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Winter War, in.. WINTER? (Dun dun dun)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by FrostXian, Sep 28, 2006.

1. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Do you think they'll be done with this arc in two months, and start the Winter War when it's actually winter in real world?

Tags:
  2. Zorokiller Lives of your misfortune

Well duh..that was my theory all the long..and the anime picks up so that the anime winter war also falls into the winter...or close to anyway..

My thoughts for quiete sometime already..

3. Wrath Mourning

Eightish issues? No way.

4. warthog Member

I'm guessing it's gonna take way more time than that for the winter war to begin.. Mostly because it seems resonable that the winter war will be the end of Bleach. I'm saying this because it's a war, meaning that it should involve all of the characters going all out.. Espada, lesser Arrancars, Vaizars, Shinigami, Urahara, Yoruichi, Chad, Ishida, Isshin, Ryuken,Tatsuki,Orihime etc.. Damn, I had almost forgotten what a HUGE ammount of character this series has..

5. Parell Sushi = love

I really think its possible for it to start by Janurary but no sooner. They've barely begun the current arc.

6. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

There should be at least one more training arc before the Winter War, and possibly even another battle arc right before it.

7. omni1337 Neg reps!!

You kidding right? Bleach won't end after this.
    There's still many things that have not been tied up, Urahara and Yoruichi myseries. Isshin, Ryuuken.
    Plus your just thinking Aizen dies arrancars die Ichigo becomes king it's over?

8. Wobbly Active Member

@Marsala: A training arc I can see, but another battle arc?:huh

That would really just be too much fighting with too little plot, IMO.

9. meatballs2007 Orihime's 2% reduced fat milk

Uh huh... So have an arc about Urahara and Youruichi afterwards... riiiight. Once this arc is over, the series will most likely end. Possibly wrong, but probably right. What else can they do? Go fight demons in hell or something? ....hmm....

PS. I'm not sure if the war will start in winter, it might start later than that. But i am pretty sure that it won't END until the winter or spring after that. That's right, it'll proably be 50 chapters long, as in a year. That's my estimate.

10. khaos Member

this is definetly not the last arc, the story is too short
    it wont end untill the whole ou-ken thing is completely resolved and that wont be for a while..
    my guess is that this arc is solely about rescuing inoue and escaping HM with probably a battle between ichigo & grimjaww as a finale

11. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Well, this IS Bleach, after all.

I would expect there to be at least one skirmish for Ulquiorra and the other top Espada to demonstrate their powers before the Winter War properly begins.

12. Jaggerjack -\_(o.0)_/-

the war is coming.. thats all we know...

13. meatballs2007 Orihime's 2% reduced fat milk

Um... ok. I'm obviously talking about the entire thing about visords, arrucars, and aizen as an arc, as clearly stated in my first post here by calling it the "war in winter" I don't exactly know how you got my definition of arc confused with yours. I'm not talking about this rescue Orihime arc, which is a mini-arc within this larger arc.

14. Drew Member

I don't think the winter war will be the end, more like the Buu saga of DBZ, I think there'll still be some "wrap up" chapters, where a bunch of stuff is revealed and perhaps a character or two is setup for a spin off.

15. Wobbly Active Member

Yeah, for a while, there were like 30 chapters of fighting, so I can see what you mean.
    That I can see.

When you said a "battle arc", I thought you meant another 30 chapters of fighting before we got to the Winter War.

16. Kri aegrescit medendo

Too bad Winter isn't the same for everyone here.

Elitest Nothern Hemispherians :p

And no, Bleach is not going to end with the Winter War. People assumed there would be nothing to do after saving Rukia, too, didn't they? Just because it may be hard to guess what will come next doesn't necessarily mean that nothing will come next.

17. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

Why not end it after Winter War, after Aizen will conquer everything and destroy all resistance?

18. meatballs2007 Orihime's 2% reduced fat milk

I didn't say it would. I said I THINK it will. At least im not making a statement as if it were true like you. We'll see in 2-3 years when this arc ends.

19. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

I think maybe next winter we'll have the big battle, I don't see all the pieces fall together in just 12 chapters ( then it would be januari, and wintertime ).

20. Wrath Mourning

At this rate it will probably take them another month to even get into Las Noches, let alone fight anyone. And there will probably be a set of fights they win before they all get owned by the Espada and sent packing

21. Kri aegrescit medendo

I'm sorry. I misinterpreted your sarcasm for something other than a remark with a shred of intelligence. I am admittedly not from the future, and as such have absolutely no way of understanding whether there will or will not be an arc after the current arc.

With that disclaimer, which I assumed would be assumed, taken care of, I find that there is no reason to assume that they would stop. It came up in an earlier thread where I mentioned that there is a lot left for Kubo to show strictly in terms of shikai and bankai -- completely ignoring the other material he has yet to cover. There wouldn't likely be sufficient pages to illustrate between now and the end of the arc everything that he needs to cover without oversaturating the chapters with "bankai". Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No, and that is where we differ.

22. meatballs2007 Orihime's 2% reduced fat milk

You're right about that. I should have assumed that disclaimer already, but i've been trolling in the Naruto forums so much that I forgot that you realized you're not a time travelor, because many of them really do think they are, and their stupidity has rubbed off a little on me. Lol, you got owned Meatballs! What a loser that kid is...

Kubo doesn't have to, and probably won't show everyone's shikai and bankai, since there are probably over 30 of them now. There were many fights in Soul Society that he just skipped over, probably because he didn't know what powers he wanted to give them. That might be the case with this arc too. It doesn't have anything to do with the plot, and ending a series without knowing the characters powers isn't bad, as long as they aren't one of the major characters. And Kubo has a tendency to just do something without explaining it too, like Ichigo's bankai training.

23. Mat?icha アナル

maybe late winter. i dont see it happen very soon.

24. Kri aegrescit medendo

True enough, I suppose.

I would find it rather anticlimactic to end the series with the fall of Aizen, though, since the manga is about Kurosaki Ichigo, and not Aizen Sousuke. On the other hand, I would rather there not be a repetitive addition of stronger and stronger enemies once one has already been established as the strongest (DBZ no jutsu). The most ideal way for both of these to come true at the same time would be to make another unpredictable plot twist, so that the war doesn't mean the end of Aizen necessarily. It should also be avoided, though, for Aizen to come near death on multiple occasions just to drag the series on longer (InuYasha no jutsu). It'll be tough, but I think it can be pulled off pretty well.

Thank you for de-escalating =) Sorry, though, because I apparently type in a heated fashion without realizing it until later.

25. meatballs2007 Orihime's 2% reduced fat milk

You're right about it being tough. The only thing I can think of is something to do with Hell. It seems shinigamis and hollows have been fully exploited already (ie Bankais becoming more multi-tasked, the hollow-to-shinigami and shinigami-to-hollow transformation, and the hokyoku which creates power-upped hollows.) And Aizen already made his surpise move at the end of Soul Society. If he does it again in this arc, then that's already an Inuyasha-no-jutsu in my book. And of course there's the DBZ-no jutsu and plot-no-jutsu to watch out for. I don't think it can be pulled off.

26. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

I would think that the series would end after this, but there are too many lose points.
    Specially the purple eye of doom that saved Aizen.

27. Goodfellow .

Meh, the winter war probably isn't the end. It's the begining of the end. Dundunduunn!

28. Hiruma The King has Come!

Pshaw, Kubo will delay it another YEAR and two months, not two months. Then it WILL be Winter.

29. Kage Bunshin Master Sage/Jinchuriki/Hokage

From the Vaizard I expect alot from :

Shinji (he will defenitly do some ass kicking)
    Lisa (just curious about what she can do)
    Kensei (he just seems strong to me)
    Mashiro (that little girl can maintain her hollow form for 15 hours)

From the Shinigami's (Soul Society) :

1st Division ; Yamamoto (the manga may end without us ever knowing his true power
    and his Vice Captain
    4th Division ; Unohana Retsu (just what can that women really do...??)
    6th Division ; Byakuya (he just can't stay out of this)
    Renji (he too won't stay out of this, plus results from his training!)
    7th Division ; Komamura (....???)
    8th Division ; Shunsui (I expect a bunch from that playboy...plus his bankai)
    10th Division ; Hitsugaya (he too won't stay out of this.....it's his show in winter!)
    ; Matsumoto (she may have that face-off with Gin..)
    11th Division ; Kenpachi (War...he loves it! need i say more?)
    Yachiru (I really wanna see her in action)
    13th Division ; Ukitake (I really wanna see him in action....I just hope he doesn't collapse..)

Karakura High (as I would like to call it)

Ichigo (I Expect a WHOLE lot from him...... I wanna see him makin that special Intro...and do some major ass kicking all over the place and leaving everyone surprised!!! he's the main character....THAT's WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Ishida (he too....there's noway Ishida will let Ichigo take all the credit)
    Chad (he too will do some major asskicking maybe even upgrade himself agian)
    Orhime (.....? well we don't really know on which side's she on yet..)
    Tatsuki (now...what will happen to her??.....will she get her limelight??)
    keigo & Mizuiro (I just can't picture these two battling Hollows.....)

Urahara Shōten (there' like the Gundam Forces)

Urahara (WILL KICK ASS......that's a Fact!!!!)
    Yoruichi (WILL KICK ASS......that's a Fact!!!!)

Others ;

Kurosaki Isshin (I hope....I pray.....let's see him in action....will that dream come true?)
    Ishida Ryūken (he seems like someone who just won't meddle with others......i hope we get to see him in action too!)

As for the opposing Forces in Hueco mundo Aizen and his Espadas....I just hope we get to see that full action....hopefully better then the "Soul Society Arc"! Also I think there will be alot of Flashback's for certain characters like, Isshin, Ryūken, Urahara, Yoruichi and others......and I hope we get a glimse of the "King of Soul Society"...!!!!:amuse