1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

With Bleach Filler Episodes Coming...

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Uchiha Amik, May 30, 2007.

1. Uchiha Amik

Does this mean Naruto art and animation will start to go in the direction of Bleach? will some of the original Naruto animators that were moved to Bleach... be coming back to take Shippuuden to a new level?

Tags:
  2. Zaru Retired Staff

It won't change anything as long as the directors don't decide "hey let's go at a faster pace without stupid filler"

3. geG

4. HoukiBoshi

5. Lazybook

Why would it? Naruto and Bleach are animated by different teams.

Besides, Bleach isn't going into a completely new, long, drawn-out filler arc.

7. Delta Shell

Or rather you hope it isn't. They could decide to actually play out the wait until winter.

Personally I wish it worked this way, however yeah, it probably doesn't.

8. Jinchuriki-san

It did seem like the anime was moving into the Hueco Mundo arc too quickly...

9. SAFFF

Flag:
    United States
    Why would they give shippuden such bad art and animation i won't ever understand. Its like 100 episodes of filler bad art didn't save them any money at all. Fucking Naruto animators. It wasn't even this bad with DBZ.

10. Fojos

Looking back at DBZ I can say the animation was extremely horrible. I really have to question your taste.

11. Delta Shell

In places DBZ had terrible animation, yeah.

It did however have FAR better action scenes in places than Shippudddden. More solid and had a sense of intensity and speed that was evident in Naruto part 1 but sadly missing in part 2. It also had some pretty good animation in places too.

12. geG

I think people are too busy comparing the bad Shippuuden eps to the good Part 1 eps, rather than the good eps to the good eps. For example, take a look at the Lee vs. Kimimaro bits in episode 123 (not 124) at 16:15. It moves just as slowly as the Kisame fight in 13.

13. Delta Shell

Yeah but here's the crack. Rock Lee vs Kimimaro in episode 124 was majorly fast for that one segment that I provided a Youtube link for previously.

Shippudden so far has been like, all slow.

Episode 15 was decent though.

Still not on par with some of the better non Norio fights, like Lee vs Kim, Naruto vs Neiji, Sasuke vs Gaara, Neiji vs Spiderman, Some of the Invasion stuff (Kakashi and Gau vs Random nins) etc.. Even though the animation wasn't the best (roughly the same as episde 15) the direction was better, had a speed and intensity that is missing now. Music helped too.

14. MikeDelfino

The cool music from Toshiro Masuda (he's my hero) played a key role in action scenes

15. Purgatory

If only Studio Pierrot wasn't such a tool...

16. Kaki

umm, sure, and they can do the jew's of the caribian arc.

17. geG

He's your hero and you can't even spell his name right (Toshio Masuda).

I think the music mostly helped just because it played so often. I still personally like Shippuuden's music better, but they do leave far too many quiet parts without any music.

18. Season's Best

^^^I have seen it spelled both ways so I think both are acceptable. Each way gets about 50,000 hits on google.

Possible, but I think the more likely scenario is that they will stick until a new TV series or movie goes into production.

As an animator, you work under the executive director of the series but your paycheck comes from the studio producers so ultimately you answer to them and go where they feel you should go.

In the past, animators have gone back and forth between both anime, the movies and recently to Blue Dragon.

The directors of each production are always tugging at the producers for the better staff/funding. Each director wants the best for their own production so that they can better realize their vision of what their work will look like.

Meanwhile the producers are thinking of a gameplan that would be most profitable to the company as a whole.

So the directors will always argue that their anime will sell better, and the anime that does sell better will usually get the best animators. But sometimes there are complicating circumstances.

...and that would be the way it works.

19. Uchiha Amik

the teaser with Naruto and Sauske was freaking flawless... incredible... amazingly done.

so what the fuck... that's what i want to know... what the fuck.

20. geG

Every single episode can not look movie quality like that. Far too expensive/time-consuming.

21. Captain Gir

i know that bleach and naruto are done by the same studio...but are they done by the same animators??

22. Uchiha Amik

Despite the implications of what other people are saying, Anime Studios do not use their best animators for fillers.

Pierrot works on both Bleach and Shippuuden. Regarding Shippuden, they already throw their animators around as much as they need, having them work on different episodes at a time. It seems highly possible that whilst Bleach is on its filler run, many of the animators/artists from Bleach will move over to Shippuden. This is common, I remember reading how during the Garlic Jr. saga of DBZ, the previous animators moved onto another show, just for those 12 episodes, and new animators worked on the filler saga (Which is why the animation for Garlic Jr. saga has immensely different animation from its other sagas) and then returned for the Android Saga.

I wouldn't be surprised if for the start of the second season (Episode 26+) we have animators and artists from Bleach.

So, its highly possible.

After all, during the Naruto fillers, many animators moved over to Bleach. And during the Bleach fillers (The not-so-good ones), many animators were working on other projects.

24. Wubawuba

we wish the animation will get better but whether it will nobody knows. start praying

25. Horrid Crow

No more fillers. :(

I was glad the Bounto Arc was done and that they started with cannon material again.
    So let's just hope it's only a few episodes of filler...

26. Catterix

^ I bet it will be. Because the OP to the current season of Bleach has spoilers for things that haven't happened yet. So a few fillers, then probably the current arc ending with the end of this season. Then maybe some more fillers after that.

27. MikeDelfino

i watch bleach and naruto, but i care more about shippuuden rather than bleach.. i hope they start with fillers, so we can get better animation on naruto!

28. ghstwrld

I don't think anyone is expecting them to break the bank on every episode.

I'm mostly concerned with the drop in competence that was on display (the choice of angle and framing, composition, lighting, shadows, etc were all excellent and clearly given a great deal of thought). Where did all of that go? It's been about 4 months now and we haven't really seen anything approaching that.

By the way, did they ever reveal who the storyboarder/animation director was for that teaser?

29. yuhun

So i believe the animation will improve in future, there wasn't much Naruto merchandises during the fillers (Lack of games, cards ect.) so i guess that one reason why the animtion was so bad then...