1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think your debating skills are the best around? Want to prove that your know what your talking about? Then come and join us for a Tournament and show your peers how to really debate.
    OBD Tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

woah, Naruto made a pretty big decision... (265 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by road_rash, Jun 23, 2005.

Kakashi: Naruto, you...

1. will fight Deidara together with me.

105 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. will fight Deidara alone, I'll backup the others. Good luck.

60 vote(s)
    33.0%
  3. will give backup to the others, I can take this guy.

17 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. road_rash

in the translation, he told kakashi to help out sakura and leave him to fight deidara on his own. Is it just me, or is that a pretty big claim made by Naruto? Does he really feel that he's strong enough to take on an akatsuki member by himself?

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni

Hmm....

He might have the skill...but Naruto doesn't stand a chance against Deidara, who can fly and drop mini bombs, IMO.

He's probably just acting on his anger over Gaara's supposed death and worry for Sakura and Chiyo.

But yeah, hopefully I'm only half wrong and he can really kick Deidara's ass. :oh It's good to see Naruto so confident about his abilities. :amuse

3. Everything Bleh

I don't think Kakashi is gonna leave him along with Deidara. He'll probably wait until Gai's team can show up.

4. road_rash

WHAT SUPPOSED?! IT WAS CONFIRMED HE WAS DEAD! I SWEAR, THIS SUPPOSED DEATH THING IS GOING TO GO ON EVEN AFTER HIS BURIAL, LIKE 500 CHAPTERS LATER, "Ohh, he'll come back alright." HE'S DEAD! :mad

5. Potentialflip

I don't think Gai's team is coming anytime soon. Like I pointed out in the discussion thread Kakashi going to help Sakura and Chiyo is truly up in the air. But in the end I believe he will leave Naruto go at it against Deidera. There I said it.

6. Shinobi No Kami00

Improbable as it may seem, I think Naruto can really whoop Deidara.

Naruto has always been at par with Gaara. Both had insane amounts of chakra and both were trained by the best. After timeskip, Naruto could be as strong as Gaara. We all know that Gaara would've defeated Deidara if not for their fight took place somewhere else. Naruto's myriad of Kage bunshin variations would fare well against Deidara.

Also, a few more details:

1. Deidara has to be below his best. First, he's out of clay bombs. I don't think he had time to fully restock his ammo coz the extraction began immediately after they arrived at the cave. Second, his chakra has to be depleted. The extraction just finished. Lastly, he only has one arm.

2. Naruto hasn't even stepped up his game to Kyuubi mode. You know, with the whole fox chakra thing. Also, he still has "that jutsu".

3. Deidara broke rule number 1:
    Never, EVER, underestimate Naruto.

7. SonicTron

Naruto told Kakashi to leave because the jutsu he is about to use is going to be very dangerous, and would probably kill Kakashi if he didnt leave :)

8. shintebukuro

Naruto should be able to handle him.

9. TenshiOni

Calm down. =/

10. wolvy96

point well taken.

perhaps "that jutsu" is the fact that... the Shukaku was removed from Gaara and put inside naruto, now naruto can make the unbeatable defense!

but seriously, unless "that jutsu" grants Naruto the ability to fly, i fail to see how he can take down the bird, much less the bombs(which may or may not be present)

11. The Wanderer

Don't forget that right now Deidara is crippled thanks to Gaara, but if he thinks he can take Naruto in that condition perhaps Naruto will have several problems dealing with the clay master, something which will force Naruto to use "that" jutsu . . .

12. Chatulio

i doubt naruto can take deidara by himself it doesnt seem believeable that a persons strength can increase that fast with only 2 1/2 years of training

13. bongcai

Kyubi Naruto can beat Deidara. Deidara can fly, but kyubi Naruto have long hand that can reach him in sky. But anyway, I don't think Kakashi will leave Naruto to fight Deidara alone.

14. Axass

Naruto's always been overconfident. He can't take an Akatsuki member by himself yet. Besides I doubt Kakashi will really leave him there alone.

15. Chillin

I seriously doubt Naruto can take Deidara or any member of the Akatsuki alone at the moment. He will need Kakashi's help. Then again Sakura and Chiyo are going to be sure to need some help as well, but Gai's team is fighting their doubles :S . Things aren't looking good for our heroes. Maybe more help is on the way? Kakashi's dogs are still out there after all.

16. StarCraft

well....its about time naruto starts going kyubi....like the real deal stuff...and if he does...diadara might get butt ferked...

17. Bukkage

Gaara became a Kazekage in 2.5 years and as was stated before 1 on 1 in the middle of no where gaara would have beat deidara.

18. Potentialflip

Well he does train like crazy sometimes overdoes it. I mean heck usually people train for a year but 2 1/2 years? Naruto is a hardworker and trains hard and pretty sure wanting to get Sasuke back made him train very hard. So yeah I said it Naruto is stronger than his old self. If Sakura is like 10x overall better than her old self over the timeskip why not Naruto?! After all he was trained under a Sannin.

19. Mizura

Well... or you could see it this way:

- team Gai = busy.
    - Sasori > Deidara
    - Chiyo = some ol' grandma
    - Sakura = Sakura. I'm not bashing her at all here, I'm just saying that Naruto has no idea if Chuunin Sakura can take on Sasori > Deidara.
    - Naruto = does care for his friends after all.

=> So might as well send Kakashi. Plus Naruto could then go all out and not worry about overdoing it. Well... yeah.

That's just one way of seeing it. *shrugs*

20. Gooba

If he takes her on 1v1 I would be so freaking happy. Even if they bring back Gaara I would still be overjoyed. It would prove Kazekage Gaara isn't > everyone ever. I bet he told Kakashi to leave because "that jutsu" is so freaking huge. I doubt he will actually fight him 1v1 tho, just because Kakashi probably won't be willing to trust Naruto to beat an Akatsuki alone.

21. Low-fi Boy

I'm pretty sure that was Naruto's only line in the whole chapter, there's little need for it to be overanalysed so much, we didn't even hear Kakashi's response, who could have either said "Okay Naruto, I'll go" or "No, I'll help you fight this one". In my opinion probably the latter, or else Kakashi going back to help Chiyo and Sakura just defeats the purpose of them splitting up in the first place, last chapter

22. konohapride

i think you guys are forgetting the fact that jiraiya told kakashi naruto could now hold his own against an akatsuki member

23. Gyroscope

I wish Kakashi leaves so Naruto can get owned.Hes making very tall claims now.He even said he would "save" Gaara.Whats he thinking?

Anyway Kakashi is not gonna leave Naruto's side anytime soon cos if anything did happen to Naruto hed have to answer directly to Jiraiya-sama.The battle order stays as it is.

24. Mizura

It doesn't prove anything. :oh Gaara only lost because he defended his whole friggin' village from a friggin' atom bomb, thus creating an opening. If Naruto defeats Deidara while protecting Konoha, Then you can talk.

Even then... isn't Dei-dei missing an arm because of Gaara?

25. Chillin

When was this? And had it not been for teamwork wouldn't Naruto have easily fell to that fake Itachi a few chapters back?

26. Gyroscope

But Dei-dei was still going easy on Gaara :amuse

27. Low-fi Boy

Naruto's always been known to make tall claims, and have an 'anything is possible' attitude. He mastered rasengan in a relatively short time when Jiraiya said it would apparently take years. The point of Jiraiya training Naruto and the entire timeskip was to push things along so Naruto can fight an Akatsuki evenly, or least defend against one.

28. Aman

I believe that kakashi will stay with Naruto. After a while he will be down while Naruto somehow gets Deidara when he is at least expecting it (like in his fight with Neji)

29. bongcai

It's about time for Kishimoto to unleash Kyubi-Naruto power to a bad guy. I think Deidara will loss this battle.

30. sgnakster

does deidara have a mouth in both hands or just the one that got crushed? he's probably the weakest akatsuki, and with a little handicap, i say naruto can take him on by himself. not kill him tho, will probably be til the last hit, then everyone else shows up to help naruto, then deidara runs away