1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Women in the draft...now featuring a poll

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by NeophyteNihilist, Jun 14, 2005.

Do you think women should be included in the draft

1. Yes, women should be included in the draft.

59 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. No, women shouldn't be included in the draft.

15 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Women should be included, but only for nonmilitary roles (such as medics).

15 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Women should be included in the draft, but squadrens should be all one gender

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. NeophyteNihilist

I can't come up with a decent reason why women shouldn't be included in the draft. What is your opinion on the issue?

to view the old poll-less post click the link below
    here

Tags:
  2. Killenator

I voted for one, but IMO there shouldn't be any draft, but that wasn't an option.

3. vitruvianwoman

4. Squirrel King

Well it's a non issue IMO, there will never be another draft.

But I voted no. There's nothing wrong, tactically and functionally with just guys. So why change it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5. jkingler

Don't be so sure. This war on terror will require a whole lot of "Freedom Fighters," since the people are getting more and more disillusioned with the war, and since you can never beat war. Just like you can't beat drugs or poverty or crime. Declaring war on things that will never die is stupid, IMO. [/end rant]

Btw, I voted #1.

6. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Voted #1.

My brother and father and sons risk their lives, my sister and mother and daughters should too, as should I.

7. I ARE 1031

Your sons risking their lives? So you had kids at 3 years old??!?!?!?!?!

8. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

I wasn't being literal.

9. I ARE 1031

^Yeah I know...but I knew it would get your attention! MUWHAHAHAHA.

10. saithan

I voted on 1, but I probably won't like to have them on the frontline, can't we give them the artillary. Then they can rain bombshells on the enemy.

11. I ARE 1031

You're in Denmark, what the hell would this matter to you?

12. Killenator

Ever heard of a "world community"? It means that people are allowed to critiscize other's choices if they are wrong. He may not live here, but he has every right to an opinion. It is xenophobic to say otherwise.

13. unimatrixzer0

Voted #1

At one point women faught for the same rights and privileges as men right.

14. vmyk13

voted c

i voted c was going to vote for a but ....... some things on my mind keep stirring so c it is

15. ShounenSuki

I'm against draft, but if there has to be a draft (which there isn't where I live, except in emergencies) then both men and women should be included.

16. CABLE

Same thing he said. Women shouldn't go to war. and the draft will never come back.

17. I ARE 1031

I understand he has the right to an opinion but I was seriously asking him why it mattered to him.

18. ResoluteOne

WOmen could always do support roles instead of front line.

19. Fairady

I voted 1. If we're equal then we need to be equal in all things. if i must suffer then everyone must suffer And I do see the draft being used again. The military's retention numbers are abysmal, and since this is Bush's last term he really doesn't have to worry about upsetting the voters by using the draft.

There is no such thing as a front line here. It doesn't matter where you are, you will be hit. So keeping women restricted to support roles doesn't make sense. If they can handle doing a more aggressive role then they should be allowed to.

20. Kagalli

I was debating between 1 and 3. Maybe women can work the vehicles like tanks, planes, jets, and stuff. Or maybe they can do espionage work? Either way, I think that women should be allowed to be given weaponry and take part in fighting against the enemy one way or another.

21. NashNinja

While I find both war and drafting to be rather dark practices that someone just HAD to have exist, if you have to draft people for a war, then don't discriminate. It's not like there's anything that men do that women can't do equally well provided you don't try to cram a "can't do this" mindset into them (something that has been done in the past to great extents), so there's no need put the opposide genders on unequal levels wih each other. Ugh, so much trouble over two different organs sometimes, huh?

22. Jedi Mind Tricks

Just 'coz he's from Denmark, doesn't mean he's entitled to his opinion.

He has as much right giving his opinion on this matter as someone from the U.S. would.

23. pnoypridz

i think females shoudnt be included in the draft

this is how i see it if a girl dies in the battle field the guy who got close to her will get very imotional and wont think right. and not thinking right will get a person killed

24. UltraSynaptic SeizureNinja

I don't think that women should be included in the draft.

Just look at WW2. If there weren't any women running the factories and infrastructure, how do you expect to keep up a war effort?

25. Tsukiyomi

Dude, obvisously they wouldn't draft so many people that it would kill our infrastructure, imagine how many people it would take to do that. World War II was an immense and even that didn't take that many people.

I still say that women should either be able to be drafted or not be allowed into the military at all.

26. NeophyteNihilist

That happens with guys who lose friends all the time in wars, i don't think adding women would change it that much. Especially if there were separate gender specific divisions (I know that wouldn't work with the "seprate can't be equal" ruling) Most people can't really think straight in the chaos of war anyway.

There would be appoximently 50% less men drafted and they could take over the jobs of the women who were drafted.

27. ruffgoat

If there is a draft women should be on thr front line just like the men. Then we will see how much they will whine about equal rights blablabla

28. Batman

I don't think there should be a draft, so my opinion is null.

29. HinataFanBoy

of course if there was a draft then women should be included! why shudnt they??

30. Kahlua2606

I don't think there'll be another draft, and for a good reason. In World Wars I and II, as well as Vietnam, although not as much, there was a need for front line 'grunt' soldiers to be cannon fodder... they would just send wave after wave of soldiers and just had more bodies and guns than the Axis Powers. In our present military, there is more of a need for specialized soldiers, Special Forces on the ground and highly trained professionals on support ships and in the air. Taking a million 18 year olds would do our military more harm than good. Part of the benefit of invading Iraq, besides getting rid of Saddam, was to let other hostile countries that we are willing to do it again in the future, as opposed to the 'bend over backwards' policies of previous administrations.

After that tangent, I'm for #1. If women want equal rights, they have to have equal responsibilities for defending the country that provides those rights.