1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft or Guild Wars?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Jack Bauer, May 21, 2005.

World of Warcraft or Guild Wars?

1. World of Warcraft

38 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Guild Wars

34 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. Jack Bauer

guild wars or WoW?

which one cant decide. dont worry im willing to pay 13 bucks a month for WoW?

Tags:
  2. DarkGuyver

Look at this side of the story.
    I am shure that WoW will get better, as we are paying for it.
    Guildwars probeply won't get better. And can you see yourself playing a game thats maybe the same in 2 years. WoW probly wil get upgraded every6 months or so. (just Guessing)

3. Aruarian

I would prefer Planetside over any of those, but meh x_X

4. theoneandonly

World of Warcraft....enough said!

5. Khemical

played em both, I got bored of Guild Wars pretty fast, WoW is alot more fun, the difficulty of the game is a let down at times, it's just toooo easy

6. Hayabusa

If your looking for a team game go for GW, if you wanna play solo with some team quests then go for WoW, personally i like WoW better because i like playing alone alot.

7. x_ShArInGan_x

Hey everyone, I got a big problem cause I have now saved up enough money to buy either guild wars or world of warcraft. The problem is that I can only afford one and I really can't choose so I hope u guys can help me out by voting in this poll. Thanks! :smile-big

8. AKG

It's a matter of taste, because if you check it out, Guild Wars is not exactly a MMORPG. But it does have free online play, so unless you'd still have money problems after getting it, I'd go with Guild Wars. I might get it within the next two weeks as well.

However, WoW is the most highly played online RPG, and many of the hardcore fans don't care about the cost for online play. It's got many users playing already, so it's got a lot going for it.

I'd say Guild Wars, but it's a tough one.

9. Ssj3_Goku

Well WOW has problems at the moment and a very immature community. I would wait till they get at least an expansion under their belt before jumping in. ( i played the game for about 4 to 5 months)

Guild wars well its cool and free if u dont want to pay monthly charges go with guild wars its an exciting game but i dont think its a game that will last very long ( meaning years) cause of content unless they release expansions or something.

10. Keramachi

I prefer Guild Wars 'cause I'm a cheap bastard. :laugh

11. Minus617

Well if you dont mind paying $15 a month which will probably turn into $180 if your planning to play for a year than i would go for WOW only because the gameplay seems like it could get you hooked.

However I go for GW its free they will have a free update every few months (1st one coming july) also they plan to come out with many expansions since its free and all they have to make money somehow. The big thing about GW is PvP so if your into that then thats another plus for picking GW.

12. S-117

I suggest getting Guild Wars because its just as good as WOW(at least I think so) and it has no monthly fee.

13. NeoSlayer666

I have both and personally play WOW alot more often than GW. They just added Battlegrounds which has CTF and a sort of capture the structure game. The new PvP system is AWESOME. B asically everything about that game is worth the monthly fee, there is a reason you have to pay for it and not guild wars. However Guild Wars is not a bad game at all, and since you sound short on cash you are prolly gunna spring for that. IMO WoW is alot better but you can't go wrong with guild w ars. Either way have fun man!

14. Hayabusa

Go for Guild wars, your a kid and kids like you complain about monthly fees.

15. kirab

That's not true at all. Guild Wars has weekly updates and they introduce new areas every once in a while, they do extensive experimenting as to which updates to put in the game and they actually listen to fans (via forums). Also, expansion packs come out every 6 - 9 months and they include the amount of content of the original game (it'll keep you busy).

There are several different PvP zones and new builds and strategies are being discovered everyday.

Guild Wars has a lot going for it - so don't knock it until you try it.

16. lain720

granted i'm bringing this thread back from the dead.

but... now that all the people that got bored of PvE (player vs Enviroment) have dropped out, Player vs Player is where its at. if you like competition and playing as a team to defeat another team, then guild wars is good. guild wars has hadded a couple of new areas for those that like to kill monsters more then other players. Alot of people were scared that no upgrades b/c of no monthly fees.

But b/c no monthly fees their is a lack of maturity from some ppl. that its droped off alot.

wow was just a little bit too cookie cutter for me, if i wanted to play a mmorpg and pay for it i'd have stuck with RR Online, by gravity.

17. SeruraRenge

Neither, get City of Heroes (don't forget the expansion, City of Villains)

As a smurf-looking hero said in EGM:

Hero: Plus, when you join the smurf alliance, you can smurf your smurfing smurf off without the GMs bothering you about foul language. Smurf-sucking sons of smurfs!

18. Negative-Ion

WoW would have been a good game if you didnt have to pay every month for it.

19. TDM

If you're poor then just play Guild Wars.

20. Nite-Wolf

i would say world of warcraft, though leveling up is a bitch....i stopped playing it only because i got bored...not for lack of quality

21. Wing-Zero

i havent played WoW but guild wars is fun

22. Ssj3_Goku

lvling in WoW is this easiest i ever seen in an MMORPG. the overall game is easy. the content basically sucks right now. Ppl say give it time but u know what? WoW was suppose to revoultionize MMORPGs but it did not it should have alot more than what it did opon release comparing this to games like EQ or eq2 for that fact thoase games are more challaging and more fun / worth ur 15 a month.

sorry i do not like paying 15 bucks a month for an easy game/ broken classes/ and no content for players lvl 30 to 55. Freaking eq 1 had more content then WoW did when it first released and that was over 6 years ago...

plus Wow has the most immature community i have EVER seen in a MMORPG.. O well i know alot of subcribers droped from the game a few months later. still has over 3 million worldwide but they lost over 1 million ppl and thats a crap load IMO. Blizzard should make more danm melee classes for the game and fix their current classes.... sorry Wow is defintly not worth my time. plus one other thing i hate the instant (spells) save my ass buttons in wow as well.

23. ShadelessNyght

I go with the vote that said Get City of Heroes (Or villains, now that the Beta has gone full for all those that pre-order the game, and that is basically just 5 bucks if you want to just give it a quick try out). It has an even higher Party Quality then just about any MMO other then maybe FFXI, and has a very nice balance with all its classes, and has very good customization (Best Character Creation I have ever seen in my life). Not to mention if your a comic fan, a monthly CoH comic is sent to your house each month. PVP wise, the game is finally working out everything about the PVP element, and with villains coming out now they will have a full on PVP combat element between Villains and Heroes (not including the already made battle domes that have finally been debugged). Only problem with the game really is it doesn't have all the jobs you would normally worry about (Blacksmith, Leather worker, ect.). But with the villains update you can also make bases and the what not for yourself, and work on eaither taking over the game and making alliances with other villains, or being a hero and stopping the big bad villain (which could very well be yourself).

<_< Well I stated my case on all of this. I play WoW, and I do agree that depending on the server you are on, there can be A LOT of immature people, but that goes to say for other MMO's as well. The PVP in WoW is very good at least, and the world itself looks great. I vote WoW but over all if you want an MMORPG and like Super Heroes/Comics, go CoH or CoV

24. aLkeMiSt

WoW if you're willing to pay the monthly costs.

25. Tousenz

Guild wars sucks..... all the monsters are long ranged.

And theres loads for every freaking thing.

26. Darko

guild wars used to be fun back in beta for me when i could get my friends to play it, but now that most of the people in there i dont know, it just doesnt seem nearly as fun.

i had a lot of fun with WoW, ive cancelled my subscription twice now simply to wait for new content to come out but it was a very fun game if you managed to find a guild with good people in it (i dont mean good interms of how good they are at the game, but in terms of what kind of people they are)

wow takes the cake by a long shot for me but the monthly fees really stack up after a year :/

27. Tousenz

Ive played them both. For free <.<

Just gotta know how to work the system. :wtf

28. Darko

private servers are often highly unstable, not very good with updates, have issues with lag, countless bugs, and are also highly illegal

if you dont mean private servers then...
    getting guild wars from a friend, or playing wow on a friends account... i suppose you could play for a while but you'd eventually have to give back the game, for wow, probably before you got to explore all of it

29. Tousenz

That would be a free option. But by analyzing someones registration key I was able to make a key generator for both games.

30. Lord Itachi