• Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.

• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

News Worldwide OP Character Popularity Poll

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
You guys realise top 25 is pretty good for a new character?

Yeah, I definitely didn't get a "lol Oden failed" from that result. Oden beat 3 strawhats ffs. For the amount of panel time he got, he did pretty well.

I would have expected much worse considering how western internet fans seem to hate him, but turns out he has a sizable fanbase somewhere.

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
And in addition to this Oden fiasco

>scabbards in miserable positions
>capone didn't even make top 100 after his forced cover story
>main antagonists kaido and big mom not even in top 50
>secondary antagonists barely nowhere to be found

Describe his mental state right now.

You realize Oda created every single character in that poll, not just the ones that did badly, right?

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
Yeah, I definitely didn't get a "lol Oden failed" from that result. Oden beat 3 strawhats ffs. For the amount of panel time he got, he did pretty well.

I would have expected much worse considering how western internet fans seem to hate him, but turns out he has a sizable fanbase somewhere.
Exactly.

Either people are lying to themselves to cope with the fact that Oden is actually pretty popular or people simply don't get what constitutes as popular.

I mean did some people actually expect Oden to just easily break in front of well established, well beloved characters who have been around for decades in that top 10 or something.

muchentuchen

Me? I am Phantom
So it finally ended and the predictable happened? Welp, these votes mean nothing nor do they reflect anything considering how the process is rigged. 10 asians in a basement voting everyday = corny shonen MC popularity utopia.

And I actually voted once for Zoro. Knowing that he outperformed Luffy internationally with a whooping 5 - 3 makes the frog in a well metaphor all the more applicable.

How is Luffy ahead of Zoro in North america?:breh
Asian bots with VPN.

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
So it finally ended and the predictable happened? Welp, these votes mean nothing nor do they reflect anything considering how the process is rigged. 10 asians in a basement voting everyday = corny shonen MC popularity utopia.

And I actually voted once for Zoro. Knowing that he outperformed Luffy internationally with a whooping 5 - 3 makes the frog in a well metaphor all the more applicable.

You are voting Zoro and complaining about nerds in a basement? :tearesa

muchentuchen

Me? I am Phantom
You are voting Zoro and complaining about nerds in a basement? :tearesa
Because voting once is comparable to setting up an alarm that blasts the Chinese anthem followed by 600 asians running up the staircase to vote in every region, run down the staircase to the basement and wait for the next alarm.

It's the only reason why daily voting was introduced.

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
There has been a surge of Zoro's votes in this second half of voting in Japan. If Luffy loses Japan then that should be enough to lose first place since Zoro will have 6/8 regions.

Also the women have dominated the second half of voting. Yamato, Hancock, Nami and Robin. I even see Carrot popping from time to time. Won't be surprised to see the first 4 in the top 10.

I honestly don't see anyone beside Zoro, Luffy, Sanji and Law above them the way they've dominated this month of February.

What's with the sudden tits votes. :hmm

convict

He who Greets with Fire
Retired Staff
Yeah looks like Yamato is breaking the top 10 as surely as she will break in to the straw hat crew

I think you have to be retarded to think Oden failed as a character for being in the top 25.

There was never a chance he was going to be the 10 in there now.

Honestly if you are in the top 100. You pretty much succeeded as a character in a long 20+ year running shounen. World Wide too.

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
I think you have to be retarded to think Oden failed as a character for being in the top 25.

There was never a chance he was going to be the 10 in there now.
For some reasons people expect Oden to be a top 10 character ahead of a long list of already established and beloved characters otherwise he's a bust. One simply can't make this up. :mjlol

TheMoffinMan

I think you can make an argument Oden failed if you only compare him to Yamato, but we all know she's there for the sideboobs, not her character. So top 25 is still good.

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
I think you can make an argument Oden failed if you only compare him to Yamato, but we all know she's there for the sideboobs, not her character. So top 25 is still good.
Yeah. Give Oden a pair of tits plus his backstory and he'd have cracked the top 5. :lmao

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
Yamato also has the factor of people wanting to push her to join the SH crew, so they go that extra step voting for her in hope that the more popular she gets, the likelier she is to join the crew.

If she is to join the crew I hope Oda does more with her character this arc because so far she hasn't got much going for her aside a pair of tits and being strong (plus points to me). I personally want to see her join the crew just because I want the SHs to have a strong female fighter that rivals your Luffy or Zoro strength wise(I also need to find out where she would stand in the hierarchy. I'm confident she'll be below Luffy and Zoro but what about Sanji and Jimbei? Would she be weaker then them or stronger :hmm ). That dynamic would actually be interesting.

SH would be stacked with strong fighters in the main crew. Zoro, Luffy, Sanji, Jimbei and Yamato. That's a good roster.

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
Voting ends in less than a day. The top 100 will be revealed with a chapter release in May.
If Yamato isn't top 3 then it'll be BS. Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if she won the whole thing.

Still baffling how popular she is. Get people just live tits (yes tits are the reasons she's being voted overwhelmingly. Her character hasn't done anything to warrant all the votes she's gotten).

DeVision

I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
Current hot chars:

Africa: Yamato - Kid - Luffy
Middle East: Yamato - Zoro - Nami
Europe: Boa - Luffy - Zoro
Latin America and Caribbean: Yamato - Robin - Luffy
Japan: Tashigi - Nami - Sanji
North America: Yamato - Luffy - Nami
Oceania: Yamato - Jinbe - Chopper
Asia: Sanji - Nami - Boa

It's simple math. You show boobs in the chapter, you win. Yamato figured it out.

maupp

Faster than my Shadow
The voting should have been different. It shouldn't have been 2 months long to begin with and daily votes shouldn't have been allowed. That way people could only vote their favorite characters and not mess around. Instead this system with daily voting means, once people have voted for their actual favorite character, seem like people decided to now vote for the hottest female characters.

This popularity contest has turned into a beauty contest.

hehey

a synonym for greatness
Im not trying to be hater.... but i never understood how a guy whose barely in the story at all like Marco could be so popular.... what does Japan see in this dude?

Top Bottom