1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Would Asuma's lightsaber be able to cut through Sasuke Lightning Blade?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Oil Can, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Oil Can Active Member

That'd be pretty sweet, especially if Naruto was wielding them

Sasuke: Don't you understand Naruto? I need power! POWER!!! POWEEEEER!!!!! THEN FINALLY MY DREAM OF BECOMING HE-MAN WILL COME TRUE AND I CAN YELL "I HAVE THE POOOOOWER!!!! WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE A RETARD!!!!!"

Naruto: *pulls out trench knives* Heh... We'll see.

Sasuke: Oh, you're using something other than those gay little kunais now? No matter. *slashes at Naruto

Naruto: *extends blade and slices Sasuke's sward in half. Puts tip to Sasuke's throat*

Bitch, you're coming back... NOW.

Sasuke: *cries*

Tags:
  2. C. oh...wow.

I though wind = best offencive element...so wouldn't that mean that it can cut through all the other elements?

3. naruhina26 Shino-tsu-hiko x Shino-to-be

Lightsaber is wierd name to call it??

But most anime always put lightning and wind against each other

examples

Inuyasha`s Tesaiga vs Seshoumaru`s (correct me if wrong spelling) Tensaiga

Yaiba`s sword of thunder god vs takeshi`s sword of devil wind

Naruto`s Rasengan vs Sasuke`s Chidori

get the picture??

4. earthshine Banned

wind has the highest cutting power, and sauke 's blade is solid, it is not made out of pure chakra like asuma's, so I would say it can definelty cut it

5. shadowvariable New Member

yea i think asuma's knucle blades woould own... and even more with the wind chakra

6. Sypher Red Dawn

It's stated that wind has the most offensive power, and can cut through pretty much anything.

So I'd say yes.

7. Purewrath Jurassic

I think that the introduction of Asuma's trench knives and the explination that they could cut through almost anything was to try and show that they may be able defend against or cut Sasuke Blade which he stated could not be defended if given to naruto

8. Yagami_ Well-Known Member

another Narutard hatches out of its shell....

Answer: No. Kusanagi is the ultimate weapon in both the Narutoverse and japanese mythology. add that with it being bolstered by lightning chakra, and you have the uncuttable blade.

Kusanagi isn't some chump weapon, and the lightning chakra only makes it stronger.

9. Sterling Archer Formerly @MasterHiko

dude, dont call it a 'lightsaber'. we dont need any pink ass star wars references in the beloved naruto

10. Superb Herb Follower Of Jesus Christ

Actually it has been foreshadowed many times and stated quite a few times that a blade of wind cannot be stopped by ANYTHING. Even kunsangi will be crushed before a wind blade.

11. Purewrath Jurassic

Since when does lightning chakra make metal stronger? and just cause it is an ultimate weapon in mythology(stress on the myth) doesnt mean it really is. i think that Kishimoto will use it is supposedly undefeatable a tool to show how strong naruto and the wind element really is.

EI: Sasuke whips out Kusangi and goes for naruto, naruto blocks it, and sasuke is like WTF?!??! then the real battle ensues

12. Sterling Archer Formerly @MasterHiko

it was only mentioned twice.

13. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Don't forget Asuma's little wind chakra lesson with the knives. A chakra blade can only cut as much as the user's control. So what'll probably happen with Naruto and Sasuke is that the cutting power will be equal. At some critical moment Naruto will have some super surge of power, cut through Kusanagi, run out of chakra for the moment and discard the knive/sword/blade. Leaving way for a rasengan/chidori clash.

14. Kormac Member

I think some people should consider that a blade can only be adept as a user.

If the process of making wind chakra is not an art of absolutes (as in theres only way to do it) it would be logical to believe (as already demonstrated by Asuma, that a varying amount of "sharpness" can be applied) that whilst a fully charged Wind Chakra blade could cut through literally anything. It may take some time for naruto to achieve that level.

Case example would be two knives both made of the exact same steel. But Ones a butter knife and ones for cutting bone :p.

Know what i mean ? ^_^.

**EDIT GAWD I WAS BEATEN TO IT!!*

15. Sho Active Member

It was stated only once in the manga, and that was by Baki. :huh

I agree with Yagami here. The Kusanagi isn't a regular blade, especially if it's used with the Chidori (which brings up its power). And if wind could cut through anything then why is it that Gaara's sand defense wasn't ever pierced before (in the land of the Kaze no Yaiba and the Country of Wind), and why didn't Sandaime use a wind blade against Orochimaru (since he used Kusanagi, and Sandaime knew every jutsu in Konoha, including Asuma's techniques?)

Also if you're saying that it could cut through anything, then it should be able to cut right through Kyuubi's chakra shroud as well, but I doubt anyone thinks that.

And of course Sasuke's Kusanagi can't cut through everything as well, or else it should be able to cut right through Orochimaru's Kusanagi as well, but that's not the case. It seems that anything with the density of diamond or harder cannot be cut at all (see Enma's pole, Kyuubi's chakra shroud, the Kusanagis for example).

16. ANBUBooBoo Patron Saint of Cannon Fodder

Just one question: Where in the manga did it actually state that Sasuke weilds Kusanagi? Or is everybody just assuming this?

17. Sho Active Member

^It was after Sasuke cut through Yamato's kunai, and pierced his shoulder:

18. Arrow of God Itachi's sex slave

i don't think that quotes from the manga/anime should be taken literally to the extent that it eliminates all possibilities except one. Baki uses a wind blade. Logically, he would support you if you said that wind blades own. He would also probably exagerrate (sp?) his own power. Of course wind blades aren't the most powerful thing in the naruverse, that would be stupid.

I think that wind blades will find a stalemate with the kusanagi + chidori. Neither would chop through the other. That would probably end in the most dramatic battle between naruto and sasuke.

19. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I agree with you I think that the Kusanagi vs. chakra blades will be a good match.:wink

20. Sasuke` Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō

I dont think it would be able to but.. are you meaning with chidori nagashi or without? if it is with, i dont think it will be able to cut it. Without it would be. Unless it was kusanagi.

21. Naruto_Rasengan Banned

Wind would probably turn out being the superior element, and as long as Naruto has his chakara flowing his blade should be stronger then Sasuke's.

I'm going to say yes, if Naruto has the blade it would be superior to that of Sasuke's, thus cutting Sasuke's "Kusanagi" down to size. :amuse

22. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Well if you go by elemental property then nothing should be able to cut through wind but wind itself. So by that standard, yes Asuma's wind daggers knuckles would indeed cut through Sasuke's sword.

We have to remember one thing though Sasuke's weapon isn't an ultimate weapon either. The only reason his looked and worked so well against Team 7 was because none of them were actually carrying an elemental weapon. Sai had his paint brushish knife and Tenzou simply used normal kunai and his wood attacks. So it was pretty easy for Sasuke's blade to go through since well Sasuke's sharingan allows him to be a very good dodger.

23. CM Pope The Holy Father

1. I don't think it will, it'll be more like a Rasengan VS Chidori all over again

2. Even if it did do you really think that that's the only new trick that Sasuke has learned in 2.5 years?

Note on last point: We all know how disappointing Naruto's 2.5 years training with Jiraiya was...no major noticeable improvements...but Sasuke looked far more impressive in terms of comparisson between pre and post timeskip.

24. juUnior Member

hmm i think that wind chakra knive would pierce the blade of Saske, wind chakra is probably the best in that things i assume.

25. xer0 Fudge

I seem to recall Naruto breaking the 2nd Hokage's legendary sword, raikiri ( i think that's what it was called) with the rasengan during a filler episode.

That was no ordinary sword, yet Naruto broke it with chakra only.

I think Wind chakra blades would be stronger, depending on the strength of the chakra and skill of the user.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  26. Mat?icha アナル

Sho explains it well.
    it is not only about chakra, it is also about kusanagi. it isnt ordinary sword. still i hesitate to say which one is sharper. i'd really like to see kusanagi vs wind chakra blades.

27. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

i doubt his "light saber" would be stronger than the chidori....

28. The Times 51% Evil

Oro was surprised that the Kusanagi couldn't cut through KN4. So it must be sharp on it's own. And I doubt that a generic weapon like Asuma's chakra blades would be able to cut through it, or be sharper than it. But, I'm sure that if Naruto mastered wind to a high extent, or got a special weapon of some sort, it could cut through the Kusanagi.

I wonder if Wind could cut through Hidan's Scythe...

29. mayumi Well-Known Member

it would result in weapons version of chidori and rasengan. they either cut each others weapons or block each others weapons.

30. fukush Banned

"The one with the sharpest sword will be victorious."

Jep, Asuma would've chopped that sword to bits and peices.