1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Would These Cause The Biggest Meltdown In The History Of The Fandom?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Dreamchaser101, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Dreamchaser101 Well-Known Member

I've heard about the massive meltdown that happened in the fandom due to Tobi being revealed to be Obito that happened back in 2012, and that it caused NarutoForums to crash because the meltdown was that bad. However, could Kaguya coming back in some way or Kashin Koji actually being Jiraiya cause a meltdown that's on a much bigger scale? Most of the fandom hates Kaguya's guts from what I've seen, and to bring such a poorly received character would potentially result in a mess. And Kashin Koji being Jiraiya would suck because him being evil would ruin his character. So would those potential revelations cause the biggest outrage in the history of the fandom, and which reveal do you think would cause the most outrage?

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Nah the biggest melt down would be if someone's fave would go against a fully powered main family O clan head with some new powerup.

Having a whole entire episode dedicated to the said fight alone with key animation and top quality action.

The episode ending with their fave winning then laughing exhaustingly at their victory only to zoom out and show that the O clan head didn't even budge and that what you saw as the fight was all in the said favs mind.

At first you would think it was genjutsu but then another person in the episode states that no genjutsu occurred and that from the power of that O clan person alone was enough to make the person (said fave of whatever fandom) to go insane.

Now that fandom has an insane person for the rest of the series.

3. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

On the forum? Hmm posted here since about 07. The biggest moments I remember were:

a. Like you mentioned, the Obito reveal.
    b. Confirmation of pairings
    c. Itachi vs. Sasuke starting (And the panel where he starts laughing. Was called "UCHIHAHAHA"
    d. Jiraiya's death
    e. I think the moment when Naruto destroys a Six Paths realm with Rasnegan and save Tsunade.

There was another event that crashed the forum, I can't remember what it is. I think it was when we finally saw the identity of Nagato. He was called the "AL" before that. There were loads of theories about his identity.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. Wrecked Baloney Hay

Naruto or Sasuke actually dying and staying dead.

5. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Boruto is not popular enough to cause any of that. A big event in the Naruto fandom would be Kishi coming back in some way or form.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Xel

I doubt things are gonna explode like this even if Kishi does come back. Even if a lot of old fans come back, I don't think it'll be enough, sadly

7. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Dude...did you forget that SHIPPING exists?

Make Sasuke smile at Karin or make Naruto blush when talking to Sakura for example and NF is no more *BOOOOM*. :catsweat

8. Xel

Oh, right. Or they could throw in another confusion about someone's parentage :catdefeat

9. Arles Celes The Psychologist

OR they could make Naruto or Sasuke show HEAVY favoritism towards someone else's kid.

Like Naruto commenting how Salad is much cooler than Boruto and how despite being busy he would always find the time to train her or Sasuke commenting how he wishes that Salad was more like Boruto.

Stuff like "your kid got even greater potential than my own" is also shitstorm worthy. :pimp

Also something like a clear victory of one of the kids over another would be "memorable" too. :catsweat

10. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

People freaked about Obito because their expectations were high and too specific. Nobody expects a good villain from Boruto. But people would be pissed if Koji was literally just Jiraiya.

11. WorldsStrongest Dio With It

Canada
    This

At this point the bar is set so damn low, Naruto AND Sasuke could legit die and stay dead and most of the "fans" would just laugh at the stupidity of it all.

Wouldn't exactly cause uproar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

:capc:angrywife

13. Xel

True, something like this would probably cause the biggest possible shitstorm (still not nearly as big as any ones that happened in the past, though).

Also, new gen ship teasing? Jeez, I hope we don't get a lot of that :cattired

14. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Kashin Koji could cause a total fan shitshow but the actual site to crash...no.

15. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

The fact is people hardly care about Kashin koji. The manga sales are in an ever reducing dump, if anyone cares it wouldn't have been the case lol.. Even if its jiraya people will be like meh..clickbait

16. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    This site wont ever crash again becasue of something happening in the franchise

17. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Retired Staff

Honestly Boruto still gets a lot of attention on social media. But a lot of it is probably people just keeping tabs on the series (like myself) who are waiting to see if the series can actually get good rather than actual investment.

I feel like most of the people who still read at least find Kashin interesting. Though as mentioned if he turns out to be jiraiya all that will probably disappear.

18. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Doubt it. Unless its some Naruto meme or well done fight, which funnily all involve Naruto characters :mjlol

You can look at any Naruto forum to see the decline from Naruto. Manga sales, novel sales, videogame sales, tv ratings etc.....the Naruto fandom have largely ignored Boruto.

19. Turrin 玄武

Kashin koji turns out to be jiraiya and orochimaru confronts him and summons Edo Itachi to fight him. I guarantee you the forums crash if that happens.

• Funny x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Eliyua23 Well-Known Member

Kashin Koji won’t be Jiraiya , Jiraiya’s story pretty much concluded and his main connection is with Naruto who this story isn’t about

Kashin either has to be a character who is connected to either Kawaki , Boruto , Sarada , Konohamaru or a character who was introduced or alluded to that didn’t get a lot of development

21. r3mus I am cute...

The KK being Jiraiya is pushed so heavily that even if they reveal it is trully him no one would be surprised...

22. Wrecked Baloney Hay

23. Turrin 玄武

The assumption here is that kk is suppose to be a main villain for Boruto when instead he could end up being a major antagonist for Mitsuki. Jiraiya and Orchimaru never really settled things and Orochimaru is still around. I wouldn’t be shocked if kk turned out to be some form of Jiraiya who kills Orochimaru and then becomes Mitsukis main villain.

24. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I kind of agree with this. A possible Jiraiya connection could bring out Orochimaru. Especially if the good guys will get blindsided by Kara's skill and reach, which certainly seems to be the case based on the flash forward.

25. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Nothing in Naruto is popular now to cause such a meltdown. Everything is done and dusted. Posters have also considerably dropped for anything big to happen now.

26. Turrin 玄武

Also kk is clearly suppose to mirror Itachi so it would make sense that Orochimaru becomes his whipping boy

• List
  27. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

KK is middle management, set up against Konohamaru more than anyone else so far. And the Boruto manga will continue to mismanage Mitsuki and Sarade for the forseeable future. But I guess if the Jiraiya connection means that Kashin approves of Jiraiya, then Kashin might briefly consider the upside of killing Orochimaru's experiment.

28. Ignition Revolving Vaudaville

In 2018? that's pretty optimistic. At most there will be 200-300 watchers reading the Boruto thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  29. Turrin 玄武

KK is suppose to parallel Itachi. This is obviously to intentionally set up a scene where Naruto defends Boruto/Kawaki (Maybe Mitsuki too) from KK, mirroring when Jiraiya defended Naruto from Itachi; as a bit of Irony when we find out that KK is somehow connected to Jiraiya. In that respect KK will be the most prominent Kara member of Kara only second to maybe Jigen; and whoever is eventually revealed as the Puppet master behind Jigen.

30. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Things would be even more hectic if the fight was one sided.