1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Would this be Rude (read for full question)?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Cozmo

First thing first that was rude of me earlier so I apologize. Second thing you did not have to say the world revolves around you ,but when you suggest things like them having to cover up a deformed or missing limb for the sake of your comfort that's a pretty selfish thing(maybe saying the world revolves around you was too much to say the least) I'm sure you are not the only one to feel awkward or uncomfortable with people that have these issues. I say that to say they suck it up and you should as well. You look them in the eyes of you have to have extended contact with them and try to be as engaged with the conversation as possible.

The reason why people are annoyed with you asking these questions is because. Social cues which seem to be very obvious about what you shouldn or shouldn't do seem to eluded you and go over your head. I suppose it is a good thing your asking for advice instead of offending someone.

2. DemonDragonJ

It has taken me longer to develop social skills than it has for some other people, because I have always focused more on intellectual and academic accomplishments; the main reasons for which I have been developing my social skills in recent years are to expanded my circles of friends, to get a girlfriend, and to get a job that can support me financially, and I thankfully have succeeded in all of those areas.

3. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Ehhhhh

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. DemonDragonJ

I am almost afraid to even respond to this post, but why are you saying that?

5. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

I think you're overhyping yourself, to put it mildly.

6. DemonDragonJ

You are not exactly a paragon of modesty either, in my mind.

7. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Why are you being defensive? We're specifically talking about you right now.

8. Sunrider

Social interaction and empathy are intellectual accomplishments. In psychological and behavioral science circles they're filed under "emotional intelligence."

Basically: if you wanna consider yourself intellectually adroit, figure out how to behave around/understand people.

9. Takaya

This. It's not easy - I should know - but working out how to understand others is important.

And one of the key places to start is not assuming because you think or prefer something it's the natural and logical state of everything and everyone else just isn't being logical enough. You are driven by your own emotions and biases just like everyone else.

(By the way, someone whose 'intellectual accomplishments' include confidently declaring that white people are white for snow camouflage could probably stand to cultivate a little more humility...)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Sunrider

THIS PAY CLOSE ATTENTION

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE THAT HAS EXISTED IS A PURELY OR EVEN PRIMARILY LOGICAL CREATURE EVERYONE THAT HAS CLAIMED TO BE WAS LYING TO THEMSELVES AND EVERYONE ELSE
    did he really--

--anyone confidently declaring that should not be mentioning intellectual or academic accomplishments at all.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. Kate Bishop

Please skip the post and give me the ten-second version, please.

12. DemonDragonJ

What is your theory for why fair skin in humans evolved?

13. Takaya

I remember your theories from that thread and you have the role of melanin completely backwards. Which is kind of typical of your theories; I think you listen for a few keywords, make guesses from there, and then fail to do any followup research.

14. ~M~

The reason this is rude is because there is a presumption that you're smarter than the person who is telling you something that might not fit in ten seconds. Maybe you should only speak and type in ten second clips.