1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

would we ever find the secrets of dimensions?

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Vicious, Oct 15, 2006.

would we ever find the secrets of dimensions?

1. we already know the secrets just not the technology...!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we are too dumb for dimension..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. well its possible to use dimensions but "how" is the question??

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. dimensions are to confusing...?!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Vicious für immer

i was just reading a Physics book and i read about the dimensions in our world which is very confusing does anybody beleive that we will ever be able to use dimensions as a advantage in our world??
    this is wat it says:

*the world in which we live is generally thought to have four dimensions.The first three desribe space, and they are referred to as x(length),y(width) and z(height).For example, a single dimension would be like a string; you would only allowed to move forward and backward in that one-dimensions world.To broaden the existence to a two-dimensions world would beto live as a drawing on a piece of paper;on that two-dimension world,you would be able to move forward and backward as well as side to side.Then if a third dimension were added,you would be able to leave the paper to move up and down.finally,a fourth dimension would not measure your position in the world through the x,y and z coordinates,but instead it would measure time,which is what allows us to remember the past and move into the future.this is why we are considered to live in a four-dimension world,called space-time.

crazy shit i say, does anybody know the possiblities if we can use dimensions?????

Tags:
  2. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

You mean more dimensions than just 4?

According to modern theories there are actually 26 dimensions, IIRC.

However, dimensions 5 - 26 are so small that only planck - scale objects can pass through them, which is why there is so much quantum weirdness, I think.

3. Vicious für immer

when was this the book that i have says theirs only 4 and possibly a 5th but it could be outdated i guess..?!and the dimenions that u r talking about r those the multidimensional strings i dont quite get it.???

4. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

They're really tiny, scrunched - up dimensions that only exist at the planck scale (1.6e-35m). At least that's what I've heard.

However probably only scientists with degrees in this stuff actually know what you're asking.

5. Khamzul Read over there ->

I can't give much info here, besides it is an interesting question.

The idea of dimensions is very exiting. I will post an essay on parallelle worlds soon, but that may not be related to this.

6. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

I've had to learn at least a little about dimensional tiers and quantum mechanics on the fly for one of my long-time debate. At that time, I heard we've observed about nine dimensions, I think. Or if not observed, I think acknowledged.

And that whole string theory, Many Worlds Interpretation and Alternate Worlds Interpretation... what a mind boggler.

7. ez Jesus Christ

They were talking about 11 dimensions existing on the science channel, that's all I know <>

m-theory this, string theory that

8. Vicious für immer

maybe i should ask stephen hawking,lol??:p
    yah i know its a intersting question, but i think our technology isnt way up there if u know wat i mean...
    sure anything to do with dimension type of stuff blackholes, wormholes, paralle worlds ect......
    yah im still learning and yes its very mind bogglering....
    i dont have science channel anymore..! :(

9. Vicious für immer

wow have u guys heared this theory?
    Twin Paradox?
    The twin paradox is an example that to attempts to illustrate the effects of time dilation.Einstein claimed that if one twin boarded a spaceship and traveled close to the speed of light,time would slow down for that twin,while for on earth, time would be normal.Both twins would feel like time passed at a normal rate, but upon the first twin's return to earth,he may have only aged a few months while the twin left on earth might be old and gray.

WoW life is crazy with many crazy possibilties....!

10. Luckey Wants his custom title.

Sorry, but you're blatantly wrong there. According to the modern times there are only 11 dimensions. In fact physicists have been debating over the last decade over whether there are 10 or 11 but now they have finally decided upon 11--The String Theory.

Bosonic string theories are 26-dimensional (which is what you were referring to), while superstring and M-theories turn out to involve 10 or 11 dimensions. In bosonic string theories, the 26 dimensions come from the Polyakov equation. However, the results appeared to contradict the observed four dimensional space-time. This in turn lead the scientists back to the 11-dimensional theory.

If anybody cares to learn more about extra-dimensional theories, try the following link:

11. tanukibeast bijuuslayer

we could utilize them but to do that we would have to make them larger which would take an extreme amount of energy.

12. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

You sure the 26 dimension theories don't work, because I read that they were still being researched.