• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Would Yomi Numa work on kage level characters?

dergeist

So if Cucknato (my fave) is caught by Yomi Numa, and since it's touching him (anything he or his chakra are touching blah blah) and is sticky (so no excuses), he will try to FTG away only to try failing miserably. If he doesn't manage to, he will die in Yomi Numa due to chakra exhaustion. And if he does manage to take Yomi Numa with him he's still stuck in it, sinking and dying:gglife

Last edited:

MHA massive fan

What does “Uber” Katsuyu splitting have to do with not automatically being able to counter Ama because of one’s level? Are you talking about the times I’ve said she splits Amaterasu off before it burns up the rest of her? We’ve seen Amaterasu dealt with like that multiple times already.

I never said that about Kamui.

So. Again. Wrong person.
Uber is simply me mocking the fandom it has no actual baring on what any hilarious fan has said
Katsuyu can counter amaterasu not a soul has debated that
Tsunade however :giogio

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
Well, at this point this is just pathetic.

You were asked to stop using filler / Boruto / Kashin Koji / jonin-trapping feats as they have NOTHING to do with Jiraiya and his own abilities, yet you desperately cling to them while calling my thread "troll" for no real reason besides the fact that it doesn't align with your opinions (that aren't based on any substance).

Post Jiraiya using Yomi Numa on a kage level character or concede.

I'm not reading your shit posts made in a troll-bait thread. Stop quoting me.

:ryuukobored

I'll accept your concession. This was a troll thread from the beginning.

:hocatboogie

Speedyamell

If you don't like fax, you can't like me ;)
Why wouldn't it..? Jiraiya is one of the most versatile characters in the manga, him not using the same jutsu more than twice when he only had two major fights is not something that can be used to make this silly point

Turrin

玄武
The fact that Jiraiya never really used it in a fight against kage+ characters makes me think it's going to only work if someone is off-guard (Pain) or too weak (random nameless summon).

If I am wrong, why didn't Jiraiya just use it on Pain, Itachi, Kisame, or Orochimaru from the start if it's an instant GG?

Reminds me of the awful "Kamui GG" argument although Kakashi never used it like that!!
How was Pain off guard; he was peak guard against Frog-Song. And we sas Koji use it against Ishiki. So yeah of course it works. It’s one of the best elemental Jutsu in the manga.

Let’s stop with the downplay.

Turrin

玄武
That's how.:

Tunnel vision.

Are we allowed to use DMS Kakashi's Kamui feats for Kakashi now as well?
1) Prove all 3 Paths had Tunnel Vision

2) No, but you are talking about Yomi Numa in general, so now are you going to concede Yomi Numa can be effective it just depends on the chakra quantity/quality put into it?

Perfect Susano

Caught Transformed Urashiki with it whom dodged Amaterasu from Adult Sasuke and also overwhelmed him casually in cqc. Kashin Koji also caught Jigen. It can catch pretty much catch any normal sized character and in theory any construct depending on how wide and deep the user makes the swamp which is capped by chakra limitations. Obviously certain tactics counter it like flight.

Illusory

Little known fact, Yomi Numa is space-time jutsu that is completely unavoidable, somewhat like Kamui but even harder to avoid because it is created under your feet, which is a blindspot for everybody that doesn’t have a Byakugan activated.

So automatically, it captures everybody. At a minimum, it’s going to buy Jiraiya a moment to follow up lethally. However, just to escape, you need the Raiton element to diffuse the chakra mud back to normal mud, then you have to crawl out of the water like a bitch like p1 Naruto had to do at one time in VotE.

Basically, Yomi Numa soloes your favorite. That obviously includes Itachi, but I doubt Jiraiya would even waste the effort on Itachi when his hair jutsu or a small toad would suffice.

Turrin

玄武
Little known fact, Yomi Numa is space-time jutsu that is completely unavoidable, somewhat like Kamui but even harder to avoid because it is created under your feet, which is a blindspot for everybody that doesn’t have a Byakugan activated.

So automatically, it captures everybody. At a minimum, it’s going to buy Jiraiya a moment to follow up lethally. However, just to escape, you need the Raiton element to diffuse the chakra mud back to normal mud, then you have to crawl out of the water like a bitch like p1 Naruto had to do at one time in VotE.

Basically, Yomi Numa soloes your favorite. That obviously includes Itachi, but I doubt Jiraiya would even waste the effort on Itachi when his hair jutsu or a small toad would suffice.
Yes Yomi Numa the A-Rank Doton which has worked on every target it’s used against; is worthless even when amped by Sage Chakra. But Daikodan the A-Rank Suiton with zero feats is more powerful and Hax then most Akatsuki / Kage Jutsu. ;)

hbcaptain

YN on its own can't threaten a Kage level fighter (bar maybe borderline ones) but it's useful to pressure and create small openings.

Turrin

玄武
They're all directed by one person ...

I am not. Read OP besides just the title, I am talking about Jman specifically. Should've made it more clear in the title but oh well.
1) Your kind of arguing that Shared Vision doesn’t matter

2) Yes and what I’m saying is the mechanics of Yomi Numa are still effective no matter the user; all you can argue is that the Binding power is different for Koji since he has greater chakra. So is that your argument

Illusory

Yes Yomi Numa the A-Rank Doton which has worked on every target it’s used against

That nameless snake and blind Human Path learned to fear the name of JIRAIYA SENSEI.

; is worthless even when amped by Sage Chakra.

Which increased its size by -5000%, but presumably that all went into its power.

But Daikodan the A-Rank Suiton with zero feats is more powerful and Hax then most Akatsuki / Kage Jutsu.

Daikodan is a worthless bullet-tsunami that absorbs chakra and jutsu. It can be dodged by some, possibly tanked by others, and is therefore worthless before the sticky space-time ferocity that is Yomi Numa.

But if we are wanking elemental jutsu based on rank, then my vote is for CE Sasuke’s Chidori.

Turrin

玄武
That nameless snake and blind Human Path learned to fear the name of JIRAIYA SENSEI.

Which increased its size by -5000%, but presumably that all went into its power.

Daikodan is a worthless bullet-tsunami that absorbs chakra and jutsu. It can be dodged by some, possibly tanked by others, and is therefore worthless before the sticky space-time ferocity that is Yomi Numa.

But if we are wanking elemental jutsu based on rank, then my vote is for CE Sasuke’s Chidori.
So beating a Path of Pain; is a lower feat then no feat at all. Gotcha

Illusory

So beating a Path of Pain; is a lower feat then no feat at all. Gotcha

Prompting and losing to Hirudora is a better feat than momentarily inconveniencing a blinded Human Path with a jutsu, yup.

To put it in Sannin Stan terms, it’s like how Orochimaru prompting and then being negged by [insert one of several high level jutsu that have negged him] is still a better feat than him beating on Anko in the Forest of Death.

Or, alternatively, him beating on Anko might as well not be a feat because it’s such a minimal level of impressiveness that it doesn’t warrant mentioning. Having no feats at all is literally comparable. Sakumo could have a feat of beating on Anko and it wouldn’t change anything at all.

The same is literally true for momentarily inconveniencing a blind Human Path relative to literally any Kage, or even Elite Jonin. It might as well not be a feat.

Last edited:

Turrin

玄武
Prompting and losing to Hirudora is a better feat than momentarily inconveniencing a blinded Human Path with a jutsu, yup.

To put it in Sannin Stan terms, it’s like how Orochimaru prompting and then being negged by [insert one of several high level jutsu that have negged him] is still a better feat than him beating on Anko in the Forest of Death.

Or, alternatively, him beating on Anko might as well not be a feat because it’s such a minimal level of impressiveness that it doesn’t warrant mentioning. Having no feats at all is literally comparable. Sakumo could have a feat of beating on Anko and it wouldn’t change anything at all.

The same is literally true for momentarily inconveniencing a blind Human Path relative to literally any Kage, or even Elite Jonin. It might as well not be a feat.
There is no way Daikodan could have prompted AT, as Kisame doesn’t release Daikodan until after Gai already takes the stance to use AT.

The Scroll Shark escaping did prompted AT, as Gai needed a bigger blast Radius to defeat Kisame and recover the Scroll at the same time:

So no Daikodan does not gain a feat by proxy of “prompting” AT, as it never did that. So again we have Featless Daikodan. In contrast to Yomi Numa which has worked against everything its every been cast against in both Naruto and Boruto.

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
1) Your kind of arguing that Shared Vision doesn’t matter
Having something in your field of vision doesn't mean much when you're focused on something else

Ever heard of this experiment?
2) Yes and what I’m saying is the mechanics of Yomi Numa are still effective no matter the user; all you can argue is that the Binding power is different for Koji since he has greater chakra. So is that your argument
Sure, the mechanics of turning ground into the swamp. Never said otherwise.
However the speed of casting the jutsu, speed of transforming the ground etc are all variables dependent on who is the caster.

Turrin

玄武
Having something in your field of vision doesn't mean much when you're focused on something else

Ever heard of this experiment?

Sure, the mechanics of turning ground into the swamp. Never said otherwise.
However the speed of casting the jutsu, speed of transforming the ground etc are all variables dependent on who is the caster.
1) I agree with this, and have argued it explains Sakura hitting Kaguya despite her having the Byakugan. However the issue with applying this to shared vision, is if Nagato can only focus on one thing at a time with the Paths, then Shared vision wouldn’t work. For example when Animal Realm gets distracted by Jiriaya Toad then All the paths would be distracted at the same time and none of them should notice Jiriaya sneaking behind Animal Path to use Needle Senbon. But that’s not the case; only Animal Path was distracted and the other two were free to focus elsewhere

2) Speed of casting shouldn’t matter unless someone can blitz Sage Jiriaya’s single hand-seal. Since were talking about Kage levels here and not God Tier, there shouldn’t even be a debate about SM Jiriaya not having enough time to cast Yomi Numa, unless you really feel the need to have criminally underage Sage Jiraiya. As far as the ground transforming into a swamp; it happed so quickly, even when Base Drugged Jiriaya, used it that a massive portion of ground converted to the swamp before Orochimaru could even do anything in response to it.

Also the user can clearly camouflage the appearance of the swamp and conversion process to the point where Rinnegan can’t see, which means even if this process was slow, the target likely can’t react to it; but since it’s not slow I don’t see any Kage levels reacting to this attack, just like Jigen Ultra God Tier couldn’t react to it even when up against a caster who is massively weaker relative to him.

So once again seem to me the discussion should only be about Chakra Potency effect on its Binding

Top Bottom