1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Choose Your Pet Over Your Sibling?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

Most pet owners have said that, of they were forced to choose between their pet or a potential romantic partner, they would choose their pet, a decision with which I do not agree, but one that I shall nevertheless respect.

However, what if a pet owner was forced into a situation in which they needed to choose between their sibling and their pet? Surely, most people have a sufficiently strong bond with their sibling that they would choose their sibling?

What does everyone else say about this? Would you choose your sibling or your pet?

Tags:
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  2. Dayscanor The One

Well I consider my dog and cat like family members so....

I would be choosing between my sibling and my son and daughter.

Which bond do you think is stronger? :maybe

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Senjougahara Hitagi banned

can't speak authoritatively since i'm an only child, but i'm not one to place unconditional value on blood relation in general so i guess it would depend on my relationship with the sibling and how much i cared for the pet

romantic partner makes far less sense to me 'cause that's someone you explicitly choose to be with, so one would think they'd be more important to you than a pet

tl;dr my priority order would be

people i love/care for > pets i love > everyone else

you don't necessarily have to love your siblings so they could fall on either side

also keep up the dog threads ddj, possibly my favorite shtick of yours so far or at least top 3

4. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    Where is the source for this?

5. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

Several users in my previous thread about dogs said that, but I really do not care enough to find those posts, as this is not a research paper that is being graded.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    @Island

7. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
  8. Roman Emperor

Quote them, because I haven't read any such thing in that thread.

9. Roman Emperor

I mean, I have a dog, and there's no way in hell I'd save him before saving Futaba. That's just ridiculous.

10. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Virus Well-Known Member

I definitely would choose Pie-O-My over you :)

12. Zombie Shields Look! A zombie!

This entire question depends on whether the bond between you and your siblings is strong enough to pick your sibling over your pet or not. There are two requirements for this. Either:
    1. The relationship between you and your pet is strong, or your pet has been a constant companion for an extended period of your life.
    2. The relationship between you and your sibling(s) is weak, or if you guys are estranged from each other stemming from consistent traumatic/personal issues.
    But then, I would think that most people would choose their siblings over their pets the majority of the time, simply because the concept of blood is thicker than that of water anyways.

@DemonDragonJ What are your perspectives on this topic?

13. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    Of course, coz my brother is a dick(that's my personal opinion) and I would erase him from existence, if I could.

14. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

Here are some posts that were made in that thread:

That is only three posts, but my idea still has merit.

Do you really need to ask such a question? If, for some reason, you do, of course I would choose my brother over any pet that I happened to have, except that I have no intention of keeping any pets of any species.

Please tell me that you are not being serious about that; how can you actually have such an opinion of your own brother, your own flesh and blood?

15. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    No. Now I am serious(despite not being serious many times). Let's say that he wasn't kind for me many times, since 15 years. I was a kid at that time and I didn't care a lot about that. However, when he had started to make fun of my notes at school and criticize my way of life, I started to be serious and do whatever it takes to show him that he shouldn't mess with me.

16. Sequester Most Prolific Catfish of the Four Kingdoms

I wouldn't even need to think twice. I never had a pet that transcended its station in life.

Maybe if I had a pet like the ones you see in movies, that have complex cognitive functions.... All my pets in my life have been dumbasses though... I mean they were cool, just dumb as shit.

17. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

I am very sorry to hear that, and I now must ask: what is wrong with your brother? How could he actually treat his own sibling in such a manner?

18. Mider T VM Rapist

I don't know why you can't seem to shake the idea that some people don't care for their siblings. Some people don't even speak to them so they're pretty much strangers. Once you're an adult and leave the nest it's up to you who you want in your life.

19. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Dog - Licks peanut butter off my balls

Sibling - Owes me $1,700

idk

20. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

I am almost afraid to start a thread such as this one, given how everyone has been reacting to my other threads, but I shall do it, nevertheless, as I feel obligated to continue my current path.

Most people who have siblings love their siblings very much, and most people who are in serious relationships love their partners very much, as well. Therefore, I wonder; if a person was forced into a situation in which they had to choose between their partner or their sibling, whom would they choose?

For me, it would not be an easy choice, but I would likely ultimately choose my brother, because, as I have said before, he is more important to me than anyone else in the world and I would give my life to save his. I can assure everyone here that it would be a difficult choice, and I would not simply regard my partner as being unimportant, but I have known my brother for his entire life (and nearly all of mine, as well) and we also share our DNA, so there is no way that I could not ultimately choose him.

What does everyone else say about this? If you had to choose between your spouse and your sibling, whom would you choose?

21. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

I believe that blood relationships should supersede all other relationships and loyalties, and that belief is one of my core values, an essential aspect of my being and my identity; if you do not like it, that is your problem, not mine.

Please, please tell me that you are joking about that; most people are very disturbed by the idea of zoophilia, and I am definitely one of those people.

22. Mider T VM Rapist

23. Mider T VM Rapist

Sorry, but that isn't always true. Ask an adopted kid who the feel more loyal to, or heck, who they consider their actual parent.

24. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

I was prepared for responses such as this one, and I was worried that perhaps I should not make such a thread, but, to answer your question, I believe that familial bonds should supersede all other relationships and loyalties, and I also am sad that my brother has been spending so much time with his girlfriend, soon-to-be wife, and less time with me.

25. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

One of my friends, whom I have known for thirteen years, is adopted, as is his brother, so neither he, nor his brother, nor their parents, are related by blood, yet they are a happy family, so I, unfortunately, cannot argue with your words (by coincidence, this is the same friend who shall soon be married, meaning that he has not been spending as much time, if any, with me or the other friends in our group).

26. Mider T VM Rapist

It's only natural. She is his new priority. He is starting a new family.

27. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    DDJ, your original post said,

Now, you cited two posts by Harmonie and one by Xiammes to back up your point. First, you lied. "Most pet owners" is not an amount consolidated by two members on this forum. Have you ever taken a statistics course? This is not how you put together an adequate sample size.

Second, those quotes do not corroborate your claim.

A) They talk about a romantic partner, not a sibling.
    B) They both mention the timeframe of dating, which is when you're still shopping around for a mate, meaning likes and dislikes play a part if you see yourself marrying that person.

You have no apposite merit here.

28. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    Are you going to be all right when your brother has a child? Your obsession toward him and anyone that takes the spotlight away from you, coupled with your dislike for "wild beasts" like "infants and dogs" troubles me.

29. Roman Emperor

Dude, what you're saying and the posts you're using as proof don't match up.

Harmonie is talking about a general situation where if she had the chance to pursue a relationship with someone who couldn't tolerate her pet, she wouldn't take it. That's not at all about choosing who to save in a life or death situation between her romantic partner or her pet. That's about what qualities she doesn't see fit in a potential suitor.

Xiammes's post is similar in this respect. He's saying he wouldn't mind if a partner didn't like video games in general, but wouldn't tolerate it if his partner told him to outright stop. That's not even remotely the same subject matter as what you're alluding to. Also, I remember your response to this post was in complete agreement:

30. White Wolf Retired Staff