• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Would you drop one piece if power scales exponentially higher?

Saurin

I definitely wouldn't drop it regardless of how wonky it gets, I trucked through Naruto's run/end. I'm ready for everyone in the OP world originating from space pirates and Kagu-nel being the originator of haki and the cast getting transmigrant power ups and Oda creeping the scale and giving us the manga like he's in a van that says free candy; a slow, steady, sensible and well-explained power increase; or something in the middle.

Bring it on :comfyPepe:suspepe

BigPoppaPump

They have started finding poneglyphs. They have two of the four required, this arc will get them three (And technically will lead them to Laughtale because you only really need three to find it) that leaves one more arc to actually get the concrete co-ordinates for Laughtale.

Also, it's clear shenanigans are happening with Kaido's Road Poneglyph which will be addressed later.

Yeah I know but I feel like the poneglyph's end up being an afterthought, I wish they and finding One Piece was actually the plot of the arcs rather than Sanji's lameass family/getting married or whatever nonsense the scabbards are doing/fighting smiles. That's just my preference though I understand Oda likes to write individual stories in each arc I just find ones like Enies Lobby or Dressrosa way more interesting than WCI/Wano. I don't think I've enjoyed reading One Piece since Zou, the Yonko arcs been disappointing.

oiety

oceanicfeeling
I read op for the worldbuilding and themes of freedom and dreams, arguing about power levels is just a fun way to kill time. So even if Oda does decide to make Luffy able to no-diff someone like Kaido by EoS, you can bet your ass I'm going to keep reading and watching the salt.

I can picture it now.

"New arc fodder one-shot Luffy clearly he isn't PK++ level so Kaido would at least push him to mid-diff" or "New arc fodder one-shot Luffy so Kaido is now fodder level"

"Why Oda? Why did you have to introduce IM and raise the power levels? Moon level Luffy smashes everyone else ;_;"

"Are you kidding me? Nami matched Big Mom's attack without Zeus? Usopp shot Blackbeard in the eye and he lost his eye as a result? Oda you ruined the balance the strawhats are way too overpowered" etc, should be a good laugh in 10-20 years assuming OP ends before I die.

Last edited:

Vivo Diez

This isn’t a thread about how strong they are, but more, if say Blackbeard became strong enough to beat 2 Yonkou and Imu is strong enough to Solo 3 Admirals+, what would you do? Drop the manga? Do something else?
I would invest in dogecoin

Strobacaxi

Yes.

There's a difference between leaving Marineford and leaving your own house. Mihawk would be the biggest coward in the world if he ran away from his own home.
He has to run lol. Even primebeard ran from marines. They don't stop coming. Unless you're an emperor with enough man power to scare them off, which Mihawk isn't

Even primebeard ran from marines.

Read my previous post. There's a difference between someone attacking your home and other scenarios. Whitebeard was sailing the sea so it was no big deal that he chose to keep sailing. Whitebeard would not run if someone attacked his head quarters even if he was all alone.

Mihawk won't run. Why do you even think he will run? He knew the Shichibukai abolishment was going to happen ahead of time when he warned Perona to leave and he still chose to remain on the island.

Why would he tell Perona to leave and then choose to stay if he was still going to leave? That makes no sense.

Therefore Mihawk is not running. The Marines will run away.

Strobacaxi

Read my previous post. There's a difference between someone attacking your home and other scenarios. Whitebeard was sailing the sea so it was no big deal that he chose to keep sailing. Whitebeard would not run if someone attacked his head quarters even if he was all alone.
No, there isn't. If the enemies will just keep on coming, there's no point in staying forever there. You'll eventually be killed.

Mihawk won't run. Why do you even think he will run? He knew the Shichibukai abolishment was going to happen ahead of time when he warned Perona to leave and he still chose to remain on the island.

Why would he tell Perona to leave and then choose to stay if he was still going to leave? That makes no sense.
Because just running makes no sense. Destroying the first wave of marines that come after him and "having a bit of fun" and then running is better. Marines will be more fearful and won't attack him as much if they've suffered a defeat before. They will still attack him, but less.

Also what do you mean only the Yonko don't have to run from the marines? Why are you ignoring Rayleigh's existence?
You mean the guy who's been hiding for 20 years? Hiding is just a chiller way of running mate

Because just running makes no sense. Destroying the first wave of marines that come after him and "having a bit of fun" and then running is better.

This makes no sense. You can't preach that running from the marines is the only solution and then somehow think not running to fight for a bit and then running is the ideal situation. You're contradicting yourself.

You mean the guy who's been hiding for 20 years? Hiding is just a chiller way of running mate

How is Rayleigh hiding? The marines have been aware of his existence on that island for the last 2 years and Rayleigh has still not been arrested. That means your claim about only the Yonko being the only people that don't need to run from the marines is incorrect.

Someone confirmed weaker than Mihawk is able to live peacefully and the marines haven't been able to do anything about it.

There is absolutely no reason to think the marines will succeed in this mission or force Mihawk to leave. The marines sent after Mihawk will get defeated just like the marines that were sent after Shanks and Whitebeard were defeated easily.

Adhominem

Wait but why
I wouldn't really give a shit if the story doesn't suffer. At that point presumably everyone else is defeated, while I would probably raise an eyebrow if Imu starts blowing up moons and whatnot if its not the expense of good writing it's fine

Strobacaxi

This makes no sense. You can't preach that running from the marines is the only solution and then somehow think not running to fight for a bit and then running is the ideal situation. You're contradicting yourself.
If you just run, you'll be known as the guy who ran from fodders, so every marine will come after you at all times
If you wreck an entire fleet before running, fodder marines will think "Aw hell nah I ain't fucking with him let the VA fleets handle this guy"

How is Rayleigh hiding? The marines have been aware of his existence on that island for the last 2 years and Rayleigh has still not been arrested. That means your claim about only the Yonko being the only people that don't need to run from the marines is incorrect.
The marines have been aware of his existence in that island for the last 2 years. Except he wasn't there for the first year and a half of those 2 years was he? How do you know the marines didn't go after him, they didn't find him and give up the search after a year or so?

Besides, the world thinks Ray is captured or dead (See SHs reactions when they met him). There's no loss of face if they don't capture him. Everyone knows Mihawk is alive and well, so they have to go after him or they'll lose face.

There is absolutely no reason to think the marines will succeed in this mission or force Mihawk to leave. The marines sent after Mihawk will get defeated just like the marines that were sent after Shanks and Whitebeard were defeated easily.
No one can stay in one island by himself while being hunted. The marines sent after Shanks and WB weren't there to fight, just to watch from a distance.

If you just run, you'll be known as the guy who ran from fodders, so every marine will come after you at all times
If you wreck an entire fleet before running, fodder marines will think "Aw hell nah I ain't fucking with him let the VA fleets handle this guy"

That doesn't really make any sense to me so we'll just agree to disagree. The only logical decisions in my mind are choosing to stay or choosing to leave before the enemy arrives.

The marines have been aware of his existence in that island for the last 2 years. Except he wasn't there for the first year and a half of those 2 years was he?

The marines discovered his existence on the SA arc. Then Kizaru was shown to be too weak to even scratch Rayleigh. From SA arc to the end of pre-timeskip One Piece, Rayleigh remained on that island and the marines did nothing. In fact, Rayleigh even went to Marineford to help Luffy ring the bell. Then 6 months before the timeskip, he returned back to SA. He then stopped the marines from pursuing the Straw Hats at the start of the timeskip and this was reported to the marine higher ups. Why wasn't Rayleigh arrested after this?

How do you know the marines didn't go after him, they didn't find him and give up the search after a year or so?

I hate when people choose to speculate silly and unrealistic things rather than admitting they are wrong. This is a silly reply and not even worth entertaining. :lmao

You claimed only Yonko don't have to run from the marines. Rayleigh has messed with the marines three times since his introduction during the SA arc and he still hasn't been arrested. Therefore you're wrong, simple as that. I'm not going to entertain your silly speculation.

Besides, the world thinks Ray is captured or dead (See SHs reactions when they met him).

Lmao huh? What are you talking about? Sentomaru literally reported that Rayleigh is blocking the marines path to pursue the Straw Hats post timeskip. Why haven't the marines arrested Rayleigh then? They know he's on the island right now. This proves your whole theory to be incorrect.

There's no loss of face if they don't capture him.

Of course there is a loss of face with letting the right hand man of the pirate king walk free. What are you talking about? :lmao

Not only is Rayleigh the right hand man of the pirate king, but he made Kizaru fail his mission that involved the Celestial Dragons, he visited Marineford to help Luffy ring the bell and he took Luffy as his apprentice. Of course there is a massive loss of face by not capturing a pirate with all these qualifications, what are you even talking about? The marines are aware of all this information and still have not arrested Rayleigh. Why? Because Rayleigh is simply too strong. Which means you're wrong.

No one can stay in one island by himself while being hunted.

You keep preaching this statement without providing proof. Prove this claim.

Rayleigh proved you wrong already. And Mihawk proved you wrong as well since he choose to not run away. I don't know why you overrate the Marines so much. We already saw an Admiral fail to do any damage to someone confirmed weaker than Mihawk. The marines aren't strong enough to make Mihawk flee his island.

The marines sent after Shanks and WB weren't there to fight, just to watch from a distance.

What are you talking about? The marines formed a blockade to prevent Whitebeard and Shanks from meeting, of course they were there to fight. That's literally why Shanks ordered his men to prepare for battle and that's why the marines got destroyed.

And then there is the 23 ships Whitebeard sunk on his own before the Marineford war started. The marines have a long history of failing in their missions.

Gledinos

We can get up
I dropped the tier logic long ago. I still read this manga to see the end.
Chopper could react to kizaru speed next arc I wouldn't even mind.

Gledinos

We can get up
Not surprised you dropped it after Drake's performance this arc. :dotell
Your boy hawkins will get the Dick from Lidd's first mate. (I mean , killer is based , but still Lidd's first mate anyway) :dotell

But nah. It was mainly the whole "Yonko can't speedblitz/oneshot chars anymore but could few times ago" or them struggling to fodders like kinemon.
Marine ford plotholes were already too much to bear but this one ended my expectations. One piece was fairy tail all along.

At least I could escuse the Big mom state in WCI , saying it was just comic relief or her mental state ... this time it's just that bad.

Last edited:

Duhul10

Troll killer
I would drop the manga if Kaidou is legit the strongest in the verse and nothing exceeds that level as the rest of the manga would be without any tension whatsoever
The EoS villain and Luffy will. So guys like BB / Im / Luffy. We also have Primebeard and Roger, so calm those titties.

Duhul10

Troll killer
So Kaidou isn’t the strongest and his title is wrong, since IM is > Him
IM may be > him. He is not known by the Op world though, unlike the other Yonkos, Mihawk, admirals, FA and so on. Same OP world which reached the conclusion that Kaido is the WSC and 1v1 champion ( in his prime of course ).

Turrin

玄武
IM may be > him. He is not known by the Op world though, unlike the other Yonkos, Mihawk, admirals, FA and so on. Same OP world which reached the conclusion that Kaido is the WSC and 1v1 champion ( in his prime of course ).
Okay so characters titles are variable based on public knowledge and opinion in One Piece then?

In which case please prove the general public know:

1) Kaidou actually got clapped by Oden rather then winning

2) That the public know all the powers of Blackbeard, Shanks, Dragon, and Admirals

Turrin

玄武
Im being stronger than Kaido doesn’t contradict Kaido’s title. There’s a reason Oda wrote it as a rumor. The world doesn’t know Imu exists so it’s no issue.

Okay so characters titles are variable based on public knowledge and opinion in One Piece then?

2) That the public know all the powers of Blackbeard, Shanks, Dragon, and Admirals

Duhul10

Troll killer

Kaido lost the initiative against Oden ( fact supported by the Anime as well ) and it was far from prime Kaido ( no CoCoA, no Hybrid )
So the public knows all of Kaido? And yet he is considered the strongest. Hmmm

What do Blackbeard, Shanks, Dragon, and Admirals have to do with Imu > Kaido?

Turrin

玄武
Kaido lost the initiative against Oden ( fact supported by the Anime as well ) and it was far from prime Kaido ( no CoCoA, no Hybrid )
So the public knows all of Kaido? And yet he is considered the strongest. Hmmm
He lost the initiative because he was blitz’d

Top Bottom