1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Would you rather #5

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Kiseki, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Kiseki Release The Kraken

Date someone hot and dumb or someone ugly and smart? Explain why.

And by hot/ugly we mean the hot or ugly from your own standards.

Tags:
  2. Luck I am here

Brazil
    Catdank Faction:
    Pretty and dumb.

Im shallow like that :kanyeshrug

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Shrike Let's Baby

I am trying to grab the hot and smart gold, and, while it's a tall order, so far I got it twice. Maybe I will get lucky again :kanyeshrug

Vastly different types of intelligent though.

If I had to choose from the op, i'd go with pretty and dumb, but I know myself - I would get bored easily.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi I've felt worse

Probably the former since, let’s face it people tend to go off of looks when it comes to picking a date

Besides it’s not like the dumb bitch can’t be fun either right? As long as she isn’t infuriatingly brain dead it could work for a short amount of time

5. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

When I first laid eyes on the title of this thread, I was like, “Hold on, when did I create a fifth, ‘Would you rather’ thread?”:psyduck lol

Honestly, I’d rather just stay single. Settling would just be unsatisfying and pointless.

I get easily irritated by people who have an illogical way of reasoning and get bored quickly by people who don’t offer any intellectual/mental stimulation. So I can't pick the, "hot and dumb" option.

However, humans are programmed to be attracted to certain physical traits (cues of fertility and good health) and to be repulsed by physical traits that are an indication of poor health and signs of aging, which is why overlooking obesity and grey hair/wrinkles isn’t that easy for most people. Beauty mostly lies in symmetry and is much more objective than we like to believe. It's not simply a social construct. Countless scientific studies show that much of what we consider to be beautiful is rooted in subconscious and purposeful thinking.

But as the saying goes, “Beauty without depth is just decoration” So if you replaced, “ugly and smart” with, “average/unremarkable appearance and smart) it would be a lot easier to make a decision.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Kiseki Release The Kraken

Oh sorry if it felt like 'stealing' your idea of threads, by the way. I don't mean any offense :blobcuddle
    "I get easily irritated by people who have an illogical way of reasoning and get bored quickly by people who don’t offer any intellectual/mental stimulation. So I can't pick the, "hot and dumb" option."
    Same actually. But perhaps you could re-style the 'ugly' person?

7. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi I've felt worse

You know something interesting? Someone who might not be easy to look at first can grow on you to the point you forget all about it and their looks can actually grow on you

It won’t always be the case, sure but it does happen

8. Kiseki Release The Kraken

Its been 10 years and I'm still not physically attracted to my male best friend and likewise for him too, but I have heard about some friends that eventually became lovers, yes.

9. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

Oh no, not at all, I’m just flattered that you decided to make your own version of a, “Would you rather” thread:aww=3
    True. But only if they agreed to it or wouldn’t get offended. I mean, I’d hate to make someone feel inadequate by saying that they need to change. But honestly, a new style, can really do wonders for some people’s appearance. So being open to change, is a good thing.

10. RemChu † Party Police †

Don't like the use of "ugly" here. Do you mean average looks? Even an average woman can have certain things that are beautiful etc.

I will always value intelligence and character above looks.

Really love people with talents. Singers, artists etc.
    Ideal is strong willed people. Big hearts and compassion for others. Radiate warmth and care when they talk to you. That feeling of mutual amicability. Feeling of a timeless friend.

Hot and shallow is meh.
    Hot and crazy is really attractive but ya... End up with scars on my back or no money rip.

=_=

Love beauty but person has to have something deeper.
    I'm fine with someone kinda dumb but is emotionally very intelligent and attentive.

11. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    There are over aspects to a person's personality than intelligence, it would depend how they are overall.
    Basically my cop-out answer.

12. Lord Valgaav My fries

I've been with people who were less than 'stand out attractive' before because they were intelligent and had good personalities.

I've also been with model-type people before who were not necessarily dumb, but really didn't have much working in the old noggin.

Both relationships ended for different reasons, but if I had to chose I'd go with 'ugly'. Looks are superficial and won't be enough to make me want to stay with you.

13. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    Hot and dumb.

Best of both worlds.

14. Valerie88 pastel sorceress

I'd rather pick a smart person with a good personality over one that's dumb but looks nice. Looks can only do so much, and are superficial anyway. Everyone ages.

15. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Intelligence does not necessarily mean a good personality. In fact some of the smartest people have the poorest social skills. They find it harder relating with others because not a lot of people can keep up with their train of thought.

On the other hand, the simplicity of idiots can be endearing. They might do or say things that are unintentionally humorous. You can have a lot of fun with a dumbass. On that same token, with them you run the risk of feeling like the intelligent one alienated from the relationship.

If we are not talking about elite levels of intelligence, and more like someone socially intelligent. A person with quick wit, common sense, and a plethora of interesting things to say; I could see how such a person is enticing. However, a relationship with them poses it's own level of difficulties. Sometimes people get insecure being with someone who has a magnetic personality, because others often get sucked into the gravity of their charisma. It might make you feel like you're competing for their attention, or even competing directly with them for the attention of others. May start to feel like you are the boring one, and second guess your own worth.

17. Kiseki Release The Kraken

18. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

19. Takaya Well-Known Member

Depends which one is nice. Though I'd rather pick 'neither,' all up... hot-but-stupid can be the eye candy I look at in passing, the other one can be the person I chat with about theories online. That way I don't have to deal with either of them any further than I want to. :)