1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Rather NOT . . .

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Silnaem, May 20, 2018.

1. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

Inspired by that other guy with similar threads, @Polaris

Would you rather NOT:
    - Feel any sensation (emotional, physical etc) other than pure joy/pleasure and pain, even indirectly
    - Feel pure joy/pleasure and pain, but feel any other sensation (confusion, anger, tickles etc), even indirectly

Indirectly includes, but is not limited to, feelings based upon other feelings. For example, indirect pain would include pain resultant from emotions such as confusion leading to frustration ultimately leading to sadness and pain. The same applies to physical sensations.
    So basically, the NOT that you choose is absolute. That is to say, the sensations you give up cannot be felt in any way or form, no matter how or why!

Well?

Tags:
  2. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

- Have a perfectly healthy body for a conscious period of 250hrs, but your arms will feel like they are literally on fire
    - Have a perfectly healthy body for a conscious period of 250hrs, but have no arms

In each scenario, one cannot work around its stipulations. For example, one cannot chop off their arms in scenario 1, nor can they get implants in scenario 2.
    A conscious period denotes a time period during which one is fully conscious. For example, getting knocked out or falling asleep pauses the 'countdown'.

Well?

3. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

- Not have a body, but be fully conscious with emotions, thoughts etc, for a period of 200yrs
    - Have a body (perfectly healthy) with a consciousness but without emotions, thoughts and any other metaphysical abilities for a period of 200yrs

The time periods are conscious. That is to say, falling asleep etc pauses the countdown.
    For the first scenario, one will be trapped in an indestructible stone. Basically, having a consciousness but incapable of affecting the world physically, even indirectly
    For the second scenario, the body is immortal, but physical sensations are possible

After the 200yrs, one will then 'return' to one's current body. One will then have exactly 250 conscious hours to live, but only know about their impending death with 25 minutes left.

Well?

4. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

Verily, verily I say unto thee, beloved guinea pigs of mine for a psychology test, that thou would'st:
    - Know exactly when you will die, but not how/why/etc
    - Know exactly how, why etc regarding your death, but not when and who will be directly involved with your death
    - Have the whole world know everything related to your death

For all three scenarios, the time of death is predestined and unchangeable, and this is known.
    There will be no legal action taken as a direct consequence of death, as it will be taken as a divinely predetermined occurances.

Well, what saith thee?

5. Avalon

At first I thought you were talking to someone on my ignore list, but I see that you're just talking to yourself.

6. Catamount Wreak havoc

Tunisia
    I am not sure this is how it is done. :catpathy

7. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

For each of post #1 to #4, choose a . . . choice. Then give reasons for each

8. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

So I'm not on your ignore list, that's good to hear (seriously, I have a social-oriented personal mission, so it would hinder my goals if I was on ignore lists)

But you are mistaken:
    1. The thread is for other posters to answer, hence I made a thread instead of simply meditating
    2. I made 4 threads back to back, but they were merged, hence there being four posts by me to kick off this thread

9. Avalon

Why would I ever put you on ignore? :lmao

I'd never do that, you're a cool dude. :catflower

10. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

11. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow 203176

Poland
  12. Silnaem Oh great, another epiphany

Perhaps you were subconsciously attempting to expand your NF horizens and recognised this thread as being a good place to start.

Here's how you do it:
    - Read post #1 and then reply to it
    - Read post #2 and do the same
    - Do likewise for posts #3 and #4

Don't be afraid.
    Try it out and see where it gets you, you never know what lies beyond the horizen!

13. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow 203176

Poland
    Honestly I joked. I will reply later, coz now it is 3:23 a.m. and I have to sleep a bit:).