1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you rather...

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Polaris, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

Be imprisoned for a crime that you didn't commit for ten years or be homeless for ten years?
    Explain the reasoning behind your response.

Tags:
  2. JACOBLON BLACK HOWLING

How come you never answer any of these questions yourself? :sag

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Supreme King of The Alley - Lord Ashi Yaaaaay

This is a CB thread

But yeah anyway I’d go with homeless

4. 2324lk0ads98falkasjdfl;a Angel Eyes

Can't say i would want any of them. I cant be homeless cause i like to shower and eat. Being in prison for something i didnt do would be worse. I would have shitty food and then i would have people watching me shower. Both are bad to me imo but i guess if i had to chose i would pick homeless.

5. Virus Well-Known Member

Be homeless for ten year. At least I've been somewhat the cause of it and can thus cope accordingly. Being imprisoned although I didn't commit any crime is far worse.

6. Yoo Tan Infinite

Homeless for ten years.
    Prison is the hell itself. You wouldn't survive for ten years there if you are a weakling. I'd prefer to be a homeless because you're still free while in prison, you are nothing.

7. Shrike Let's Baby

Homeless.

8. Khaleesi Super Moderator

Germany
    Moved to the CB

9. MAD good kush

Catdank Faction:
    Prison.

All my basic needs are covered - Shelter. Food. Water.

And I’m fascinated by the sociological aspect of such facilities.

10. Nataly Zombie in Disguise

I wouldn't enjoy being homeless for ten years, but I would feel free

11. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

I used to respond to my own threads and still do occasionally, actually. I just don’t have the energy for it nowadays. Which doesn’t really matter, considering I mainly create the majority of my threads for the purpose of finding out what other people have got to say in order read the reasoning behind their responses, to compare people’s answers and to see what ends up being the most popular answer. It’s like an unofficial social experiment, sort of.

I posted it in the KCC because I want serious replies to this question.

12. Luck A cheeky cunt

Brazil
    Depends on a few factors.

If im homeless do I still have the option to mooch off of someone?

What country am I being jailed in and is it light, medium or heavy?

13. Superman Well-Known Member

I would take prison. Surviving homelessness could be harder then you think. Besides with being in prison for a crime I did not commit I can then turn around a sue the state. I am going off what country I live in obviously.

14. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

"Homeless" would also include living out of a van or RV. Doesn't seem too bad. :hm

15. Subarashii Obaa-chan

Poland

Prison.
    Why?
    Because I'd get free health care, free iPad/tablet, free meals, free lodging, free schooling, a job, free mental health services if I needed.
    I've seen these female offenders, they're all out of shape so I'm confident in my abilities to take one down... plus I've had training to take one down :lmao

Being homeless is exponentially more dangerous and I'd get nothing.

16. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

I’ve watched documentaries about homeless people who state that they’d rather be in prison, which is understandable, because not having your basic needs fulfilled is horrible and terrifying to any human being.

It’s easy for people who’ve never experienced starvation for days and who’ve always had a roof over their heads, to pick the homeless alternative. A human being whose basic needs have always been fulfilled, is more concerned about obtaining their freedom, than worrying about their basic needs being met.

Having to beg for food is probably humiliating as hell and you’d presumably be starving most of the time anyway, since the average human being is selfish and won’t readily share their supplies with others. You might get a severe case of frostbite if you sleep outside during nighttime when it’s winter or get really sick eventually, but not be able to visit a hospital since you wouldn’t be able to afford the hospital bills. Oh, and there's always the risk of getting assaulted, since some people think that hobos don't have any rights and prey on them for being in such a vulnerable state.

If I got to spend those ten years in either solitary confinement (in order to not have to deal with violent cellmates) or in a Scandinavian prison (because a Scandinavian prison is like a hotel compared to prisons in the U.S., South America or Asia) I’d choose the prison option.

I could write a book where I’d state my innocence after I was released from prison and perhaps get a compensation if I was able to convince the authorities that I’d been imprisoned for a crime that I didn’t commit.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  17. Subarashii Obaa-chan

Poland
    I've definitely heard of homeless people throwing "fake" punches at cops to get them arrested so they have a place for at least a night.
    The only place I'd wana be homeless in is a small tropical island :lmao

18. MAD good kush

Catdank Faction:
    gotta remember in the end this is an anime forum so most of these ppl are kids who don’t have the wisdom of the experiences of life

i would say if anyone here has been homeless it was probably for a few days while they crashed at a friends place until they made up with their parents

WORST case scenario someone living out of their car for a few months

19. Takaya Well-Known Member

In prison, I think, though it'd be awful, because at least they'd have to provide me with food, shelter, and the medication I need in order to survive. (When you have a chronic illness you gotta factor that one in.)

20. Sassy ~Equipped with chaos~

Being homeless for ten years, rather be free then locked up for something I didn't commit.

21. White Wolf Retired Staff

The food alone on a regular basis makes prison hella tempting.

22. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    I'd be homeless.

Nothing would make me more fucking pissed than being wrongly imprisoned. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat, thinking that one day I might be wrongly imprisoned.

Ending up homeless is usually do to a number of reasons within your control. But being wrongly imprisoned, isn't. Even after I was released, I'd still be pissed. I'd be pissed off for the rest of my life.

Also, I'd rather be sitting on the sidewalk getting a the perfect angle at women with skirts/tight clothes walking by, than have to look at and live with, dudes all day er' day.

23. Mali ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Flag:
    Portugal
    prison. i dont think ill ever have it in me to beg a stranger for money. granted, ten years of wrongful imprisonment will most likely come with an array of cool new mental health problems; at least i wont completely loathe the rest of humanity.

24. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

well u don't have to worry about shelter and food
    chances of getting killed is pretty much the same as being homeless anyway :lmao

25. John Wick I'd like a dinner reservation for twelve.

England
  26. Gunners .

Would I get exonerated after the sentence. If so, 10 years in prison. It wouldn't be ideal but I'd use it as an opportunity to network, read and get qualifications.

My issue would be the ability yo rebuild after the 10 years. You need to do something alarming to get 10 years in prison which would hold you back in life unless your name was cleared. In that was the outcome, I would rather be homeless for 10 years.

27. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

I would rather be homeless for 10 years. It depends on where I'd be living, but there would be options for shelter and food. And if I was a working homeless person (which is a thing), I'd have money to possible stay in motels and/or hotels until I saved up enough to move into a house.

In the United States, having a prison record is incredibly restrictive. I would lose 10 years of my life in one and more besides because fewer businesses would want to hire me (at least until I was able to clear my name).

By being homeless instead, I could still have the ability to work and build my resume while saving up.

28. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

Well, it depends on which prison you end up.

I saw people commiting small felonies to go to prison, just because in there you have a bed, food and you can take a bath. If you're homeless you don't even have any basic needs satisfied. That was the reasoning those people gave to commit a felony.

29. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

Homeless shelters provide bathrooms, showers, shelter for overnight sleep and meals.

30. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

Homeless with the possibility of a miracle potentially waiting to happen, Yeah definitely not choosing prison.