1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Would you say Konan's character was wasted in her 1V1 vs Tobi? What diff did she give Tobi?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Nov 8, 2018.

1. mikeyman75 Member

Although I honestly thought Konan could have done much more, she was in a weird spot because she wasn't exactly friends with Konoha/necessarily a good person and I thought it was fine to let her just fight Obito like it happened. I just think there was more that could've been explored with her besides just a 1v1 where she pulls a ridic feat but has it negated by some Uchiha Sharingan HAX but she tried her best nonetheless. Maybe she could've allied with someone/go hermit and help the Shinobi Alliance in the war after, anything's better than a sad death. WDYT?

Also
    What diff would u say Konan gave Obito?

Tags:
  2. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    I never really cared for her much to be honest.. Plus unfortunately Obito is my fav character so i guess i didn't care to see her survive since the fight made Tobi look boss lol.. No diss to Konan tho i don't dislike her chararacter. And i'd say Konan gave Tobi a low diff fight since he didn't really try much even tho he almost died lol

3. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Right before Konan died, I remember there were a ton of threads just about what kind of Jutsu would work against a kamui user. Then suddenly Konan made Obito sacrifice one of his eyes and blew him up so badly he looked like a complete wreck. It was at least mid-high diff for Obito to beat her.

Its a shame that Obito killed Konan so quickly, since there were a lot of good things Kishi could have done with her character. She was a kage level fighter looking to find a new way to change the future. And frankly the fate of the rain village is a major loose end. Plus, as an adult kunoichi she probably wouldn't get the same annoying shallow teenage girl writing that the younger kunoichi tended to get.

That said, Obito needed to personally kill a character and leave fans bitter about it to become a really threatening villain. The scene where he stabbed her for power made him a much more disturbing enemy.

4. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

She definitely made him desperate. He never expected someone like her to so effectively exploit his limits with MS.

She isn't much of a character though. More like a tool.

5. Rifulofthewest Active Member

Sincerely, Konan does not start to be a character until his fight with Obito (in any case, her "waste" is before the fight, not later)
    Until the fight with Obito was a character so underutilized that all his flasback and personality and goals had to be shown during the fight. But is quite impressive as she kills the big bad of that moment (she kills him, then Obito revives, but really had killed).
    However, Konan is not more wasted than other characters, and is a better female character than 90% of the cast ... so, maybe?

6. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Its an interesting situation Konan was in. On one hand they did waste some potential by killing her but her final fight was also the only time Konan actually did anything. I'm not sure she could have contributed anything more significant than almost killing the main villain.

I'd say its quite the opposite really. Tobi went in severely underestimated the situation and got a bloody nose because of it. He wasn't just playing around but was really caught off guard. That the main villain needs to cheat and basically edit reality to survive either speaks very highly of Konan or pretty poorly on him. And if Tobi didn't have Zetsu's biotech to replace his bodyparts with then losing an arm to Konan could have permanently crippled him right before the war.

7. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    What I meant was all Obito had to use was Kamui and Izanagi, he didn't even have to take the mask off or use Wood Style.. Either way you def changed my mind she gave him an extreme diff fight

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018