1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Would you say Konan's character was wasted in her 1V1 vs Tobi? What diff did she give Tobi?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Nov 8, 2018.

1. mikeyman75 Well-Known Member

Although I honestly thought Konan could have done much more, she was in a weird spot because she wasn't exactly friends with Konoha/necessarily a good person and I thought it was fine to let her just fight Obito like it happened. I just think there was more that could've been explored with her besides just a 1v1 where she pulls a ridic feat but has it negated by some Uchiha Sharingan HAX but she tried her best nonetheless. Maybe she could've allied with someone/go hermit and help the Shinobi Alliance in the war after, anything's better than a sad death. WDYT?

Also
    What diff would u say Konan gave Obito?

Tags:
  2. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

I never really cared for her much to be honest.. Plus unfortunately Obito is my fav character so i guess i didn't care to see her survive since the fight made Tobi look boss lol.. No diss to Konan tho i don't dislike her chararacter. And i'd say Konan gave Tobi a low diff fight since he didn't really try much even tho he almost died lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Right before Konan died, I remember there were a ton of threads just about what kind of Jutsu would work against a kamui user. Then suddenly Konan made Obito sacrifice one of his eyes and blew him up so badly he looked like a complete wreck. It was at least mid-high diff for Obito to beat her.

Its a shame that Obito killed Konan so quickly, since there were a lot of good things Kishi could have done with her character. She was a kage level fighter looking to find a new way to change the future. And frankly the fate of the rain village is a major loose end. Plus, as an adult kunoichi she probably wouldn't get the same annoying shallow teenage girl writing that the younger kunoichi tended to get.

That said, Obito needed to personally kill a character and leave fans bitter about it to become a really threatening villain. The scene where he stabbed her for power made him a much more disturbing enemy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Lord Valgaav Hero boy

She definitely made him desperate. He never expected someone like her to so effectively exploit his limits with MS.

She isn't much of a character though. More like a tool.

5. Rifulofthewest Well-Known Member

Sincerely, Konan does not start to be a character until his fight with Obito (in any case, her "waste" is before the fight, not later)
    Until the fight with Obito was a character so underutilized that all his flasback and personality and goals had to be shown during the fight. But is quite impressive as she kills the big bad of that moment (she kills him, then Obito revives, but really had killed).
    However, Konan is not more wasted than other characters, and is a better female character than 90% of the cast ... so, maybe?

6. Ruthless Tsuchikage Well-Known Member

Its an interesting situation Konan was in. On one hand they did waste some potential by killing her but her final fight was also the only time Konan actually did anything. I'm not sure she could have contributed anything more significant than almost killing the main villain.

I'd say its quite the opposite really. Tobi went in severely underestimated the situation and got a bloody nose because of it. He wasn't just playing around but was really caught off guard. That the main villain needs to cheat and basically edit reality to survive either speaks very highly of Konan or pretty poorly on him. And if Tobi didn't have Zetsu's biotech to replace his bodyparts with then losing an arm to Konan could have permanently crippled him right before the war.

7. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

What I meant was all Obito had to use was Kamui and Izanagi, he didn't even have to take the mask off or use Wood Style.. Either way you def changed my mind she gave him an extreme diff fight

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. naturallyselected on a Forums Break

Obito was underestimating her, playing w/her. I believe he could've finished her faster if he took her srsly & go all out

9. Suigetsu Legendary

Awful taste.:scust

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Suigetsu Legendary

Tobi using Izanagi was the biggest ass pull ever. Literally wasnt that ability supposedly being a genetically modified jutsu? This manga has more asspulls than the moon has craters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Ruthless Tsuchikage Well-Known Member

I really don't like that jutsu. It cheapens everyone involves. Its bad writing because its pretty much Kishi admitting he needed to bend reality in order to get a character out of a situation. It cheapens Konan for snatching an earned victory from her but it also severely cheapens Tobi. I'm not impressed that Tobi can rewrite reality to change his defeat into a victory, instead I'm unimpressed that Tobi needs to edit the story in order to avoid death at the hands of a side character. The attack being used means the one who used it screwed up massively and would have died if they didn't get an ability to cheat and do things over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

I think she deserved to win...

13. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

She damaged and forced him to use Izanagi. That’s a pretty good testament of her strength. And she was already prepared to follow Nagato’s will to believe in Naruto. Obito’s threat to the world and the existence of the Shinobi Alliance would’ve drew her to the battlefield eventually. The prospect of world peace ensured the Amegakure’s survival and future prosperity. Something I doubt Konan could ignore...