1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Would your bravery/courage change if you had a Quirk? You personally!

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by pumkin1988, Aug 30, 2018.

1. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

So I got this idea due to that thread about favorite quirks and how you would use them in real life. The scenario is that of the start of MHA lore. The world is normal just some humans are having Quirks show up randomly and a few people have started having Quirks now. You wake up one day and you have a Quirk. Would that change your personality you think?
    For easier purposes you don't have a Godly Quirk right off the bat like AFO/OFA.

I am pretty much a bitch in real life and don't have any heroic moments to speak of. My Dad is the one who sees people in trouble and handles situations with his fists. That is not me. Even if I was as big as him I don't think physical stature or a Quirk would change my attitude towards violence. Regardless of any Quirk I have I think I would be a more laid back Shikamaru type character and just have the Quirk but not really do much with it. Just like how I am living now. If a situation was dropped at my feet I would use my Quirk but otherwise I'd just use it to make my day-to-day life easier such as if I had extreme speed I'd just wake up later then run to work. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Firemen are very brave. So are people in the armed forces infantrys. Many police are brave and have heroic moments. Those guys are just normal and already put themselves at risk for the benefit of society. So one day you wake up with a Quirk: Are you suddenly brave? Are you itching to go out and do some vigilante justice? How do you think your Quirk would personally affect you?

Tags:
  2. ryan1227 New Member

Unless my Quirk was something that wasn't very flashy or visible, I wouldn't use it much at all, lest I get captured by the government and subjected to experimentation. Even assuming that's not an issue I wouldn't be a vigilante or anything, as most Quirks in the series require training to be put to good use. Not to mention, guns are still very deadly unless you have a Quirk which gives protection to them, which is unlikely. So for the most part, I'd try to conceal my quirk in day to day life, and only use if it was helpful to me and could be easily concealed from others.

3. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    If I have a quirk I would be a villain. Use it on my own benefit.

4. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

This, if I had a quirk my first thoughts definitely wouldn’t be how can I stop purse snatchers and save cats from trees.

5. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Honestly it would depend on the type of Quirk. I think most people are like AfO - if it's a great Quirk for heroics that is easy to use and quickly mastered, then sure why not. But if it's Quirk that would require years of mastery, I'd probably be lazy and use it to goof around.

6. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

I think it greatly depends on the type of quirk.

I mean, look at Shigaraki. Chances are if he had an easy to control quirk that wasn't deadly, he would be a pretty great guy, possibly even a hero at this point. But since his quirk seems to have caused his parents death, well... now we got badtouchman.

7. Djomla Student

Give me Obito's Sharingan and all the abilities that come with it and I would fuck the World up. :D

8. Luiz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty short tempered, so I probably would get into fights.