1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Xbox 360 CRASH BUG!!!!

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Lord Yu, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Lord Yu Active Member

Soritia
    apparently there is a crash bug with the new Xbox. I'm glad I'm not one of the people who lined up to get the Xbox 360

Tags:
  2. Heavens Alchemist New Member

Wow Thank Goodness

I am so happy I didnt buy one, to most people as long as they replace it there fine but when I spend that kinda of money. I dont want to have to wait to play my console. It shouldnt happen and if it does I should be credited like 2 free games of my choice, to choose cause we all know most launch titles arent that cool so I gotta wait for something better lol, looks like my laziness was a blessing in disguise.

3. Spartan_24 Viva la Raza

this problem didn't happen to everyone though. Some people got lucky and never had problems with theirs. But it does suck standing in line and spending $400 on a system that will have problems. Thats why people should always wait till like february or march bc by then they should of fix most of the problems the console has.

4. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Hmm. I heard Madden crashed on it but I haven't a clue if it's fact...

5. TGC TGC

Lol, theres your powerful machine you Xbox loving loosers...

6. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

This is what happens when you rush a console...it's estimated that about 15% of the first shipment of 360's have been reported of having this bug.
    That's quite a lot...

7. Spartan_24 Viva la Raza

you do realize every console at the beginning has problems, if your a sony fanboy most likely that will happen to you once you buy ps3 and same goes if ur a nintendo fanboy, but if ur smart and you wait months, then you will have a good console.

8. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

:laugh hahahahahaha....AMEN.

I am more interested in gaming counsoles that are actually good.

PS3, yo.

9. Ryuujin New Member

Uhm doubtful of such with the Playstation 3, as I bought my PS2 not long after it came out and there were absolutely nothing wrong. Sounds like Gates has instability with consoles and not just his Operating Systems, the smeg head.

10. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

not true.

if the company is smart then they won't rush the release of a product. This ensures that it will not have issues such as what the 360 is going through.

I forsee the PS3 having no real dilemmas. The Japanese know their electronics and are smart people when it comes to making things well.

11. TGC TGC

Not necessarily, when i got my Ps2 it was perfect...I am sure theres a reason why Ps3 is beong released in the spring, because they dont want to rush it, they want to make it as good as possible, not sure I can say the same about Xbox though...

12. simple_be Rise Darth Deidara!

hm...psp had problems had came out..buttons that didn't work..dead pixels as in ds when it came out...ps2 don't "live" that long..many ppl have problems a few months later and then they have to buy a new one..

xbox 360 have problems and so what?i never buy consoles in the first months because some of them have problems because of the 1st version of it(console)

and i see that some ppl still thinks that console y or x or z >>>> games

13. aLkeMiSt Curious

Thats why its always a bad idea to buy a system when it just releases... every system (eg. Ps2, gc, xbox) is bound to have problem upon it's release.

14. KupoExMachina I am Kupo101.

Wow. Quite a lot of Xbox-bashing around here.

15. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

If all those things happened to you, you've had incredibly bad luck...:S

I bought my Gamecube, DS and PSP at launch and haven't had a problem. I bought my PS2 and Xbox used and only my xbox has had problems loading. I plan to pre-order all 3 systems (however I pre-ordered the 360 in late August and was told my system wouldn't arrive until after christmas...so, maybe the bug won't be an issue for me :oh)

Anyways, that won't deter me from pre-ordering the PS3 and Revolution when pre-orderes open up on the 1st day. I haven't had much problems and I don't plan to, and if something were to happen...you return the system :huh

16. ilabb What ho

I still have my release Gamecube and it runs perfect XD

But wow... a Microsoft product has a bug?? HOLY CRAP. You just blew me away man... you just blew me away.

17. illusion Senior Member.

Then you were lucky, I went through two PS2's. The laser kept moving out of place.

Don't tell me you've never seen......"disc read error"? :sad

P.S. I've got Madden and the 360, so far no problems. *knocks on wood* I've also got a one year warranty, so no worries.......I never get a new system without a warranty. :)

18. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

So far, so good on my 360 as well. I have not had one single loading or technical problem. Everything seems to be running smoothly and very nicely. The bug has been reported in isolated cases and is not far spread. Though, more problems may (and most likely) will arise in the near future. I'm sure of it, as pretty much every console has been dealt this fate in the past.

I don't really care, Microsoft covers any bugs, so you're guarenteed a new one, as long as you don't modify the 360 which voids the warranty. :amuse

19. syrin Member

Its always better to wait a few months after a next gen console is released, as well as knowing your less likely to have problems you might also save a little cash :p

20. Mintaka Well-Known Member

hehe they screwed up again..................I seem to remeber this happening to the FIRST X-box...............morons............

21. Aecen *grin*

And yet look how popular xbox became. This isnt big, only a small percentage.

Ps2 used to start on fire until they fixed the problem...doesnt anyone remember that?

22. skethee2 Bleacher

ALL electronics have problems when are they are released...Ipod..PS2..Ipod mini....you name it

for me...PS3 ALL DA WAY

23. Illidin Sand Tiger

LMAO,man X-box is still trash.PS3 ftw :wink.

24. simple_be Rise Darth Deidara!

yes i have bad luck alot..but i don't have ds or psp but i know ppl that is always telling me that they have dead pixels but somehow you need to have a right number of dead pixels to the shop change for a new one...

for example in 2004 in the summer i bought a ps2,4 months later when i was playing gta sa or budokai 3 the game freezed...gta sa it didn't work in that console...because in one mission the game stops and couldn't play...i send a mail to sony about the problem and no response...so i bought a pstwo and gta sa it worked fine..but the ps2 case is for many ppl...not the freezing thing but the laser that don't works and other crap...

i have also a xbox,gc and dc..xbox i had never problems with it..gc only with a memory card and dc i had problems with both i have....one had problems but it was fixed the other one reboots but that i can fix(when i have patience for that :| )

true it happens to those who don't have luck lol

25. icoselitham Lost

In Japan they'll have to deal with bugs in the PS3 and Nintendo Revolution since it won't lauch in America a couple months later. Most of the bugs should be out by then.

26. yatesl Member

Xb0x is cRap coz M$$ sux M I RITE?!!!!1

There's only one thing worse than fanboys - "Anti-fanboys".

27. memback Fear My Elbows Of Doom!!!!!!!!

What Ever!

On the Real Side of this issue i dont think the conumers have any real problems except they just wasted their time siiting in a long ass line.

Becuase the xbox360 undoubtely has a 90 warranty so they can get there stuff replaced if its defective.

28. Sniper Not a crook

ehh...bill gates didnt associate himself with the Xbox. Not much anyway. He did design the original composition for xbox, but theres a whole team designs to make this console the shit. I dont think its right to accuse of something having a bug. They only tested like 10 systems. I mean...they wouldnt sell a defective product on purpose. Im sure their already working on something to fix it.

29. shinjuu Orly?

15% is NOT a small percentage. 1% is a small percentage. And even that would be to big.

15% is more then 1 on 6 xbox 360's that are not working properly. This is in NO way acceptable since people payed for it.

Im not sure how many xbox 360's were released. But im sure 15% is in the thousands, not ten thousands of xbox 360's that do not function properly, maybe even more.

I don't care about how other consoles didnt function properly because that should not be an issue for THIS console. People payed for it, alot, so it should work properly, end of story.

30. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

Thousands, that sounds about right. True, it's not a small percentage because Microsoft rushed the production of the 360 a bit too much. The people who have the 360 now (myself included) will just have to deal with the problems if/when they arrive.