1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

XBOX 360 or Nintendo Revolution

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by DragonNinja, Nov 29, 2005.

XBOX 360 or Revolution

1. 360

28.3%
  2. Revolution

67.8%
  3. Cant decide

3.9%
  1. DragonNinja DragonMaster

I dont think this has been posted before but my friends and I are having a war of which console is better XBOX 360 or Nintendo Revolution.

I love Nintendo it rocks.

What do you think

Tags:
  2. yatesl Member

No-one can decide which console is better, as the Revolution hasn't been released yet.

If you're asking which one I'll buy, however, it has to be Nintendo's. Mainly because I've had every one of their consoles to date, and I wasn't a fan of the original X Box (Not because it's Microsoft, or any stupid reason people come up with now-a-days, but because the majority of the games didn't appeal to me).

However, as with the PS2/XB/GC generation, I will most likely end up having all three.

3. Gunners .

pffffffttttt.

Im getting the revolution over xbox 360. I prefer it for the controller and i know there will be games i would want to get above anything, Zelda and metroid, as long as they have that 2 releases each im happy.

4. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I'm sold on the Revolution more or less, and only because it can play older games via emulation such as n64 games I never got to play.

Xbox 360 doesn't appeal to me, I don't like their games. Simple as that.

5. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

I'm going to get Revolution for it's backwards compatability with all nintendo consoles and for the new controller idea, I love it. I have also had everything nintendo to date and have yet to be disappointed with any of it. Plus, XboX Had mainly shooters and the only reason I'm getting 360 is for Perfect Dark and Maybe Gun.

6. Seany Banned

Revolution for me because of all the reasons everyone has mentioned, the controller will be really fun, and i want zelda lol.

7. slimscane King Slime Scane

yeah, since it is out, definitely the 360. And if I only could get one, still 360. However, Nintendo has gone on the record several times saying that they are creating the Revolution so that it will co-exist with either the 360 or the PS3 as a second console. And more likely than not, I will get one because it will offer experiences the 360 just can't do. So a more appropriate poll would be, "Which conventional Powerhouse console will you be getting" PS3 or Xbox 360. I would still choose 360 =)

8. TenshiOni Active Member

Super Smash Bros. Melee Online + the Zelda series >>> anything I'd ever want on the Xbox. =/

9. Frieza Destroyer of Worlds

Like people need a poll for my opinion on this matter. If your wondering still look at the first word of my nickname.

10. Nihonjin Skeptic

Thats my main reason for prefering Rev over anything :tem

Even if they didn't have SSBMO I'd still pick the Rev...I mean come on,

Xbox 360 = glitchy
    Nintendo Rev = Revolutionary....

Rev 4 teh win:laugh

11. hakke Bird in a cage...

even if the revolution is not out yet. I KNOW the REV will give me an experience none other console can.

Im still considering to getting a 360 when the ps3 lauches(and we all know PS launches are awful)... but I will SURELY get a REv when it comes out.

12. Aecen *grin*

I wont side with Rev until I see it in action. I was beyond dissapointed with the laugable play of the gamecube, so nothing makes me think nintendo will change with Rev.

13. Gunners .

Im not getting ps3 on launch, their first breed break down before the year is over, happened to my ps2 thing is it broke over a year when the insurance ran out, im resourceful and got another one though.

What i will get. Revution first ( nintendo make quality system that to my knowledge dont break) sony after ( when a new batch comes without problems, get the 5 year warranty to go with it)

Edit: person above, how was gamcube laufable.

Mario games, 2 metroid, 2 zelda.

For a machine that cost me ?120 i dont think that's bad.

14. Niabingi Skyentist

firstly the xbox 360 is evident and all hard fact whereas all other consoles are hearsay... and I honestly belive that the online capabilities will be better on the xbox microsoft have added some really good touches to xbox live...

however if the nintendo codename: Revolution is as well revolutionary as nintendo say it will then it'll be a great console.. even if its not the backwards compatibility of it is highly appealing!! im not sold on the controller though it'll either work and be amazing or just be rubbishy and overhyped... and this you wont know till you play using it

15. Aecen *grin*

Im a big SMB and zelda fan as anyone here...but looking back I notice they have what...8-10 really good games...and thats it. If you look at xbox/ps3 they have endless titles, sure some are horrible, and same as others, but they have companies to make games for them. If Rev got some compaines on their side like lionhead, squaresoft, rockstar, theres no doubt REV would blow the other systems out of the water. Sadly, gamecube couldnt do that and lacked games to keep people playing.

16. Potentialflip One Last Stand

360= Best Online Service Ever. HDTV. Controller Feels Nice. I guess cause I'm a PC kind of guy I'm going with this.

Though I still might get the Revolution. Their designs from the console itself to the controller hasn't really appealed to me. The controller while an awesome idea does not look that appealing to me. The Backward compatible is huge especially when looking at the older generations that I love. But then again I already have those consoles and games and the graphics are not going to change so no point really. It will all be in the pricing for me whether to not I get the Rev.

17. foxStick Custom user what now?

If I had the money for it, I'd buy all three. As it stands, I'm not hugely impressed with the graphics on the 360. It looks good and all, but it doesn't look "next generation" enough for me. I very much doubt I'll be getting an HDTV before the Revolution comes out, so the high-def graphics on the 360 don't matter as much to me. Also, since I got my gamecube when it first came out, it's starting to show it's age, so the backwards compatibility is a BIG plus...

18. Scared Link _

Revolution is going to change how we play video games... ...forever.

19. uncanny_sama Que Veux-tu

id bye an xbox before i would bye something from nintendo

ive lost my faith in nintendo a long time ago
    but now with this revolution they make a remote control in to a controller :huh
    get fuck outta here

nintendo is alway desperetly trying to be inovating witch makes them lose sight of good games and the ages of gamers
    all they think about is mario (& co.) and stupid inovating toys
    instead of gaming over the internet and games for older players (shooters, fighting, racing etc.)
    there are a couple but not enough

20. illusion Senior Member.

I've already got the 360 and I love it, I also think the Revolutions controller looks friggin' stupid, but I can't hate on it since I haven't tried it.

I still think it looks stupid though! :p

21. Id The Demon of Elru

Can someone post the Specs on the 3 systems and what they are coming with.

So far Im not impressed with the 360.

Looking forward with Revolution...(I mean who dosnt want to play old school games)

And Hope fully ps3 wont let us down.....

22. genjo sanzo FLCLtard

and i agree 360 hasn't impressed me, at all. Right now it just looks like xbox with more lighting effects. The graphics really don't look that much better.
    I won't be getting a Revolution because I don't really like Nintendo's games, but the new controller sounds interesting.

Ps3 all the way, just because I love the companies/exclusives they have for Playstation.

23. Raptor Vagabond

I'll go with Revolution and PS3. Xbox... never liked it before.

24. Vilnius Who the hell hit me?

I'll definitely go for the Revolution, and I'm pretty sure I'll have one before I get a 360 (though I'm sure I'll have both eventually, along with a PS3). Why?
    1) Cost. I know for a fact the Revolution will by far be the least expensive of the systems. I only want my console to play games on and offline. That's it. I don't need it to play music or watch DVDs. I already have other things for that.

2) Quality. Never has a Nintendo product let me down, and for that reason, the Revolution will be the only system I'll be buying at launch. Their systems and handhelds are durable, long lasting (NES semi-included), and free of bugs and glitches. I want I system I can rely on to last for a long time, and Nintendo can provide that. Here's an example of how well made Nintendo products are. Over on the RPGFan Message boards, one of the guys had his GameCube run over by a car (I can't remember how the hell it happened), but he duct taped it back together and it worked just fine. Crazy.

3) Old games. I can download Earthbound. 'Nuff said.

4) Innovation. I have to say, there are a lot of possibilities with the controller, and I'm greatly looking forward to seeing them. Shooters? Zelda? Yes, please.

Yeah, the Revolution will rule.

25. onewithchaos Member

im not sure but i think that the 360 is supposed to have the best graphic capabilities anywhere, console/pc. but i dont see them making use of them, it took them a long time to make full use of them in the xbox (sc:chaos theory) so i really think that it'll take a long time for them to use the 360 well. I'm a good fan of xbox live and i agree that it is one of the biggest reason i might buy the 360. but the backward capabilities of the revolution is insane, ill probably buy both of them (if i have the $$ :p .

26. Vilnius Who the hell hit me?

The same thing goes for all consoles. At first, developers are just learning to use the hardware, so games will look great in comparison to the old systems, but they are definitely not meeting the potential they have. As developers continue to work with the system, they better learn how to program for it, and so can improve graphics drastically, so we usually only get the very bust looking games near the end of the console's life. When this new generation of consoles is almost over with, we'll look back on the first games and wonder why they look so bad. To prove my point, I'll use the PS2, which easily has the biggest graphics jump from the start to end of this console generation. Compare Dynasty Warriors 2 to God of War or Devil May Cry 3 and see what a huge difference there is.

We'll be seeing some amazing looking games, but it'll take some time on all three systems.

27. ANBU Neko Yondy Whore

28. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

First i want to say that i'm a Nintendo fanboy, b?t it doesn't change my opinion.

I think that Revolution will be better, i just like that Nintendo are trying to do new stuff, i mean with their new controller you get so much more alternatives (i mean, just think about playing Zelda with that!) not to mention you can use a shell to play the old way if you want.

29. Id The Demon of Elru

Revolution- making a serious attempt to break the trend and try something new.

X-box 360 - Great Online gaming...well Xbos is doing a good job so I expect the same.

PS3- Hope Cell Proc live up to the hype unlike the emotion engine.

30. Pakkun93 Eternal

Revolution, it's just they actually do something different , like the controller's and the playback feature, where u can play games from NES or SNES, N64. The games like Metroid 3, Super Smash Bro's Melee Online, Zelda, and some other awesome games. but i may get the PS3, instead, cause I'm a RPG lover.:smile-big