1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

XBOX 360, what do you think?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Umeliten-kun, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Umeliten-kun Squad Leader

XBOX 360 has been released! What du you think of the new console? Impressive, or a dissapointment?

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Well, I don't have one myself, but I've heard mixed results.

Some are satisfied with the graphics, others aren't impressed.

I hear it's pretty loud, louder than the old PS2, and the power supply is big enough to crush Japan.

I also hear reports of overheating and one unfortunate guy can't do anything except watch movies on it, or it will overheat.

So... it seems it has its problems, and the graphics are unsatisfactory in some cases, and just good enough for others.

Glad I didn't buy one.

3. Jink Kid :thumbs

yea I heard its way to loud, I read a review that they had to put the volume up really loud during perfect dark just to drown out the noise

4. Goongasnootch 亀好き

5. Jink Kid :thumbs

6. Goongasnootch 亀好き

To remind people that we just had this conversation. However, I went and looked at the thread and it's more of a "versus" console post than it is a "let's give our opinion of the 360 only" kind of thing. I had just come back in here to edit that post but since you already replied to it, here I am.

On topic, though, I was kind of impressed while seeing the 360 on a Widescreen HDTV. I have a normal TV. It's not worth my money right now. Once I have some lying around and I somehow get ahold of a Widescreen HDTV I'll get the new pretty box that offers nothing new compared to the last generation except better graphics and sound.

7. kakashi1234 legendary ninja

my friend just bought one and he wasnt impressed at all because he said there was overheating on it,took to much power.I probably wont get one.Ill wait for the new PS3 or the new Nintendo Revolution.

8. demon of legand lord of the doomed souls

the x box 360 is supast to be beter grafix more life like man i cant wait to get it

9. CrazyMoronX Old Man

That's good reasoning, since graphics are everything in games.

10. Ikari Shinji ?

It's ok I guess, it's kinda loud but if you turn up the game it's bearable
    I kinda feel jipped that I still hear the same 12 year old retards on xbox live
    Also I thought you could burn a disc then copy it onto the HD, wrong! you have to hook it up to your comp to transfer stuff

11. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

I own one...The system itself has Impressive "potential". It can be loud at times, mines is not but many i've played are. The games themselves get a little hot.
    The launch for the system is not Impressive at all. I mean they pushed back all these games that were promised for launch and say its still within the "launch window". However without EA there wouldnt be many games on the system. Most of them are great looking yet barebones in the features department sports games and racers.

-No Rpgs at all.
    -No REAL killer app even though perfect dark zero is great, especially in multiplayer. -The power cord is the same size as my damn room.
    -Without reading the wireless controller instructions it was a pain in the ass to hook up more than one
    -not even a tenative release date for huge series like Jade Empire, KOTOR, Fable

+Being able to turn the system on and off with the remote is a dream cuz ima a lazy bastard.
    +The system really does allow you to customize it as far as the screens, backgrounds, music etc...
    +The way the HD just pops on and off is pretty great.
    +The controllers are lighter than i expected
    +Play and charge is one of microsofts best ideas

All and all i think in the end it will be worth my money(considering most of it was trade ins), but i still think the PS3 and maybe even the revolution(dont know enough yet) will beat it out when all is said and done for this generation of systems.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  12. HollowDreamer clurgy of canapotoya

From everything ive heard about it with some of the xbox 360s software not working im not very impressed they should have everything in tip top shape and condition for the shipping i think they should have waited a bit loger for the release to make sure everything is perfect. I get tired of people saying there freaken little kids are playing xbox live and people are cussing and all that but thats because they bought there little kids some mature rated games oh you would think the stupid parents would realize there kids shouldnt even have those games since its 17+ and older stupid parents like that piss me off. Yeah little kids playing halo2 or something saying oh yeah what then i killed your ass makes me really pissed off they need to go play there little barney games and shit for school.

13. The Sandwich Prince Rasta Mon!

Not worth it until February when games actually come out for it, and even then the console is still iffy since the PS2 still has life in it (And decent games coming out). Hardware issues aside, unless Xbox gets some developers (that aren't going to release for other systems) it's going to be shit out of luck when the other two consoles are out.

14. Gunners .

Xbox 360 launch games aren't that good.

Lol, my freind brought a 360 walking home with it and some guy jacked it from him, should have called a cab.

15. Ikari Shinji ?

I should've saved my money for a Con or something

16. Key #1

All i read are wannabe owners. Where are the actual owners at?

17. R3trograde Il n'y a pas de hors-texte.

Xbox 360's launch is, in the words of Vader, impressive, most impressive. It's launch games top other console launches, save Dreamcast's launch, IMO. And look at every other launch - PS1, PS2? Garbage. N64 and Xbox only had one game worth buying the system for, and Gamecube didn't have anything really good until SSBM came out.

I haven't played it myself (got shafted by my EB), but the online service looks even better than the current-gen XBL, and the only real problem is the lack of Xbox 360's actually out there. :S

18. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

On what are you basing this statement upon? My first words were I OWN ONE.

Yes the online service is even better than the current gen, with things like the market place. However overall right now, its more hype than anything. The system is quite enjoyable(mine is on now), but the lack of actual NEW launch games or even all around better port launch games, makes this launch half as good as microsoft would have you believe. Im sorry to hear about the EB thing man, trust me they didnt get nearly as many as originally promised. I spend half my day at work explaining to people why I dont have an xbox 360 in stock for them and then i spend the other half of my day answering the question, "when will you get more?" with a "honestly right now i'm not sure". SMH this is a horrible situation for gamers and the shortage alone is enough reason to say the launch is not impressive.

19. Abarai-Kun ~13th Division, 6th Seat~

Well... the XBOX 360 sure isnt bad but its too expensive for me.
    The graphics are nice and the harddisk sure is great.
    But I will wait for the PS3 even the PS3 is much more expensive than the XBOX 360.
    I dont care ^^

20. AssFace Member

^You serious?? My friend said it's the greatest thing ever. I was actually thinking of getting one, even though I rarely play video games. I played call of duty 2 at walmart, and it was alright. But the graphics look so goood.

I guess I can't trust my friend because he's one of those xbox groupies, who'll defend for xbox till the end of his life.

21. Umeliten-kun Squad Leader

I'm not a XBOX grupie, but I'm thinking of switching from Sony to Microsoft, the BOX is cheaper, it release is much before PS. And PS's graphic will not be any better than XBOX's, do you see any big different between PS2 and XBOX? It's the same!

22. Inactive Ray Ray of the Sand

but even I know when not to buy a super mass produced system.
    I mean seriously, even the warranty sucks and takes forever.

23. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Actually the PS3's graphics engine will be much better than the XBOX360...well not much better, but noticably better. Team Ninja's (a sub sector of Tecmo which develops for all systems, but lets Team ninja decide who they develop for themselves) even thinking of switching sides again since they've stated from the begining that they are only loyal to the most powerful system graphically (which is why they stuck with XBOX even though their games would've sold better on the PS2...I guess they're perfectionists or something).

24. Uzumaki_Sharingan New Member

Based on what I'm hearing, I'm not going to get the Xbox360. It is so overhyped. IMO, Microsoft releasing it in 2005 was not a good idea. I will wait for the Rev and/or PS3, maybe not at the same time, but I'll get them.

25. XxShinzouxX l337 Largo Apprentice

Great graphics, neat design and features, piece of crap having to buy the memory cards and HD for it, and mmm, crashing good

I'm just going to get a regular xbox for christmas and xbox live, since its going to be a long while before the xbox 360 is in all households. Plus, I can always wait for my birthday....or maybe i'll just get a car. *Sigh*

26. Umeliten-kun Squad Leader

Whatever you guys say about sony's graphics; if you mean that 360's graphics is bad, you'll get dissapointed when you see PS3, it won't be much of a difference! Even though PS's graphic card is better, so what, we got human eyes, and are not able to count every pixels...

But what's more important, don't choose your console because of the grapich/rumour of graphic, choose console because of it's games!

27. Sinjitsu Maester Banned

EXACTLY! And it is this for that reason that I am waiting to get the PS3 and/or the revolution.

28. I ARE 1031 Member

360 dissapointed me, all it is is just like playing a PC game on a good computer. PS3 I have a feeling will be much more real. Although it is a step up it doesn't feel like a true next gen system. Only my opinion.

29. Umeliten-kun Squad Leader

Microsoft said that the release games could have been six times better. PS3 is not going to have more "realistic" graphic, I mean, honestly: Do you see any difference between PS2 and XBOX?

30. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

True indeed, but don't forget that sony tends to get most of the developers who matter to a majority of people. They're the ones with the Square Enix games, and most of the decent fighters as well. The only problem is that now both controllers have odd controllers. The Xbox's controller is a step up imo, but I still think the PS3's controller will be a step down.

One thing that might make graphics important is things like developers since companies like Team Ninja like to develope for the strongest system. This means that XBOX will lose a big ally due to this, and Team Ninja was a great ally to microsoft. The ps2 lost out of a few developers' support due to them considering that their graphics were lacking, now that they have this backup, the companies will come to them again.

Graphics may not be important to the overall gameplay for the game, but it does influence some (but obviously not all) developers greatly. Now that sony has the popularity and the graphics superiority (graphics supeority being something they never had before), they are in a really high position. I just hope that certain companies stay loyal to microsoft due to their really good third party policy and their big budget.