1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!, Jan 13, 2017.

1. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I'll take the option to fix the sound and better use of the OST over the text thing, though a lot more people talk about the latter if I had to choose one. You can't hear characters over certain songs and you'll get some high octane Sawano vocal song in the middle of a people talking in a room. Unlike the text I found that a more fatal problem.

I'd also like them to make more kind of hidden content so to speak easier to access like the weapon/armor schematics and such.

2. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Oh yeah, KOS-MOS and TEL-LOS from the Xenosagas are in here as Rare Blades. They are both pretty OP too.

Nintendo bought the developer's studio - Monolith Soft - quite a while back. They've been Nintendo's own console JRPG developer guys since then, and they also provide assistance for most of Nintendo's bigger releases like the Zeldas and Splatoons. For me, if it wasn't for their Xenoblade franchise, I'd probably have been done with Nintendo consoles with the wii.

As soon as the Xenoblade X trailers hit, I was convinced to buy a Wii U.

I may have been only 1 of 13 people in the whole world to buy one, but I have no regrets! Wii U may have failed financially, but it succeeded, in my heart. Thanks a lot to X, and a bunch of other stuff.

Oh yeah, sound mixing could definitely do with some fixing. They had some decent customization for it in 2. Hopefully they'll look to apply it here.

3. Cardboard Tube Knight Well-Known Member

I actually got it and Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battles. I am playing the latter now and it's pretty addictive.

4. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

DLC looks pretty solid. Though I don't expect it to be as long as it is trying to trick me it is.

6. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Lora looks so much like Hinoka of Fire Emnlem
    And Nial - I always thought looked like a young Marth
    I'm guessing that's his ancestor there as Bridgid's driver.

According to the leaks, the gameplay would be switched up a little.
    Looks like you can swtch control between blade and driver with the d-pad buttons :hmm

But yeah, this looks pretty meaty. New music sounds great too.

7. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Hmm, this is getting a physical standalone release :mako
    Comes with a code for the rest of the DLC stuff for the main game too.

-----

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
    ”Guide a group of legendary warriors on a journey through the tragic history that doomed a kingdom and drove a hero down a dark path 500 years before the events of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. Defend yourself from Malos and his forces using all the fury of this refined battle system, allowing you to fight as both the artificial lifeforms known as Blades and their masters, the Drivers.”

Available as DLC in the Expansion Pass or as a stand-alone .

• Expansion Pass owners will get all DLC content including this title.
    • The retail version of the title does not include the main Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. It does contain download code for the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass however.
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the Expansion Pass owners do not need to purchase the Retail Version.
    • Available for Extension Pass owners on September 14, 2018, and at retail on September 21, 2018, worldwide.

------

Supposedly, there'll be stuff on this in the next Treehouse.
    (According to the leaks, we may be getting the Challenge Mode DLC update today/tomorrow too)

8. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

9. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

They just showed them off in the Treehouse in a Challenge Mode demonstration too.
    They look great in the new engine.

Fiora a QT

Get to unlock new outfits for the cast as well

It'll be out Thursday night :high

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. ShadowReij Wanderer

Not MechaFiora? What the shit is this?! :catflip
    So with this and the Splatoon update followed Octopath and Blaze Blue, I think I'll be good for a while.

11. Xhominid The Avaricious

I didn't even know why you guys put in Shulk and Fiora until I looked at the other replies, freaking seriously!?

12. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

But yeah, they're rare blades, and they're tied to the DLC's Challenge Mode. However, if you complete the mode, you can bring them over into the main game.

13. Naruto Henge! Supporting Staff

XBCX is probably the most visually impressive title on the Wii U.

14. Xhominid The Avaricious

I would also say it's a technological marvel that they was even able to fit it's world into the Wii U disc...
    It just shows again how hard Nintendo can go with their programming(seriously, Iwata alone was RIDICULOUS in terms of finding ways to make things work in games including being able to fit Gold & Silver game data to the point you can fit in almost the entirety of Kanto in a GBA cartridge for the rest of it. May God bless that man...RIP)

15. Naruto Henge! Supporting Staff

It's assets that take up space, not how expansive your geography is.

You meant GBC, right?

16. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

The game is larger than XC2 in memory size by quite a bit, not even taking into consideration the data packs. And yes it was gorgeous.

17. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

The thing that really impressed me while playing X was the load times. That, and yeah, it was easily the best looking thing on the U.

---

Here be Torna gameplay from the Treehouse:

Lora <3
    Really digging how the gameplay is differing from 2's. Didn't notice any Blade combos yet. Altho, it is from early in the game.....

18. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Challenge mode is out! Shulk and Fiora get! and whatnot. All you have to do to drag them into Alrest with you is do the Challenge Mission called Dino Drama. Mind the little boogers. Their affinity charts seem to be tied to challenge mode stuff, so yeah, try to get em early if you can.

The bonus outfits mostly seem to be palette swaps, tho with Morag, you get to have her with her hat off(!). Monolith said that there would be more in the future, so here's hoping.

19. ShadowReij Wanderer

Literally left the game at the beginning where Rex just got to Argentum.

Meh, how hard could these challenges be? :hurr

20. Naruto Henge! Supporting Staff

I'm sorry but this sort of stuff should have been in the game without DLC.

21. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Most of the challenges I've done are doable. Its just the roided up superbosses - they all have some nasty tricks up their sleeves that fuck over your party gauge. And they bring in a shit ton of minions.

22. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

It was a rough road, but I finally cleared Shulk and Fiora's affinity charts. The superboss challenge battles for their final nodes were brutal, but they were also immensely satisfying to overcome. Telos was my MVP. What a beast. A dark and sexy beast.

And speaking of dark and sexy, I've been hearing word from dataminers of a second wave of challenge battles coming, and with them,

Spoiler:
    Elma

Here's hoping it's true. :wtf

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  23. ShadowReij Wanderer

Not a fan of that prospect. Kind of hoping it's someone else.

Finished Octoexpansion (fuck that secret boss), pretty damn good. Ok, time to pick up Xenoblade again and start that Challenge Mo-*needs to be on Chapter 4 but I had stopped on the beginning of Chapter 1*-oh son of a bitch. :gglife

24. RemChu †Adept†

Beat chapter 3 last night.

Crazy good.

Only complaint still is the English voice acting...

25. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

That's why it's best to go with Japanese voice acting for this game, though the subtitles are still stuck with the altered script. Thankfully I know enough to go between the subs and my barely working knowledge of Japanese to understand most of the alterations or translation errors or name changes.

26. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

The voice acting was so poorly recieved, it made Nintendo stop showing new trailers of the game in English.

But, while I do acknowledge the above happened, I did come to enjoy the voice acting eventually.

ATM, the worst I can bring myself to say is that Rex's VA was not meant to be the voice of a hot-blooded shonen hero like Rex. He comes to be solid and likable in all the other moments, and in these, you see why he was chosen. But then, ask him to do a climactic hotblooded shout that a whole scene/chapter emotionally hinges on, and you'll end up taken out of the moment, wincing at the result.

Spoiler:
    Also, the Torna underlings.

But as I said, I enjoyed the English in 2. There's a lot of novelty in things like Welsh catgirls, villains with rapid fits of bipolarism mid-sentence, and this:

And novel as the voices of Nia, Malos and Morag are, they also all deliver on some moving and charming performances. Poppi too.

Adding a bit more fuel to this rumor:

Spoiler: Challenge Mode spoiler

Tatsu shows up in a battle here as an enemy.

Riki also pops up in this same battle. It's like a Heropon Tourney that Tora and Poppi must enter alone.

27. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Honestly the character that convinced me the most to go for Japanese was Homura/Hikari. She's pretty awful.

28. RemChu †Adept†

Only problemo is can't understand the little small talk when they are about town or fighting etc, since no subtitles for that....

>_>

Yeah the voice doesn't fit the character at all really. Kinda tom boyish.

I'm sorta ok with the Mythra voice but ehhhhh.

Nia english voice is sexy.

29. ShadowReij Wanderer

I just have to have the voices in english. Sorry, but the english VAs at least try to add some sort of character to their roles. Not to mention it makes the world feel a whole lot more diverse in comparison to hearing the usual voice types for each anime archetype.

Cat girl Nia, with the expected cute cat girl jap voice? Nah, fuck that. Give me the angry Welsh cat voice. Love that.

That isn't to say I don't disagree that there are issues here and there. Especially in the beginning and especially with Rex. I just don't understand how you screw up a battlecry, he litterally reads the cry instead of actually yelling. How? It's just so cringeworthy.

However he can deliver dialogue lines just fine.

Spoiler:
    Ugh I hope not. I hate Elma. Give me the beast known as Nagi instead.

Though it is to my understanding current data points to Elma being strictly an enemy blade. Like Tatsu. Of which if that is the case then fine, that I can take as I certainly don't mind kicking her ass instead.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018 at 6:02 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  30. RemChu †Adept†

Even in later chapters Rex's battlecry is cringe.
    It's like they asked him to a battle cry in his mom's basement while she is sleeping at night and he tries not to wake her up.

WHAT THE FUCK.