1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Yakushi Kabuto: who or what are you?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by TenshiOni, Sep 6, 2005.

After reading the whole first two posts...

1. Kabuto is a jinchuuriki

73 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Kabuto has a bloodline

42 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Kabuto's really an old-geezer

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Kabuto wants the revival of his clan

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Kabuto wants Oro's body/skills/immortality

30 vote(s)
    11.2%
  6. Kabuto wants to "get into" Oro's body. Pun intended.

14 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. He's just Smithers

93 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. TenshiOni

I was reading through the manga randomly and the whole mystery surrounding Kabuto caught my attention again.

Kabuto has to be of the most mysterious person in this manga.

Does he have a bloodline? Does he have a bijuu? Is he an Akatsuki spy? Is he Jiraiya's spy? Does he wish to betray Orochimaru? If so, why did he save him from Tsunade and why does he show conern for him? Is he just gay for Oro? Smithers? Just how strong is he? What's with those eyes during the Forest of Death? What does he mean by "old blood boiling"? What village was he born in?

So many possible answers. Let's review the facts:

Exibit 1: His Past

He was found by a Konoha Jounin Medic at the battle of Bellflower Pass during the 2nd Great Ninja War; a child (baby?) that had survived the battle that his parents seemingly had not.

Question: Why was a child/baby in the middle of a battlefield?

Also of note, he acted the role of a spy pretty well. He purposely sucked throughout the academy and purposely failed the Chuunin Exam six times so that he could always gather information on new shinobi during the exam and record such data on his little cards.

Exibit 2: The Eyes

Ah, the infamous eyes that Kabuto showed during the Chuunin Exam in the forest of death. The eyes that scared Oboro and co. right in their tracks and made Sasuke stare at Kabuto funny. The leading support behind the "Kabuto is a jinchuuriki" theory, as some compare it to the eye transformations Naruto and Gaara go through when they tap into the power of their bijuu.

Exibit 3: The Old Blood That Will Boil

The leading supprt behind the "Kabuto has a Bloodline" theory, this comment has also been known to be back up for the jinchuuriki theory as well.

Is it implying a bloodline? Is it implying he has a bijuu? Does, "Can't show my true face here," hold a possible literal meaning? Is he just referring to a hatred for the Leaf? Is there any significance to the reader knowing that Orochimaru knows of such boiling blood?

Exibit 4: Thoughts of Betrayal

When Orochimaru brings up his desire to "dye Sasuke in his colors", notice how Kabuto seemingly either grows shocked/shows concern/or possibly anxiety. This is only further emphasized by having that extra panel with just Kabuto's eye and the sweat about to trickle down his cheek.

Kabuto seems greatly shocked and nervous when Orochimaru proposes that if he wishes to stop him he'd have to kill Sasuke right now. He also seems to take Orochimaru's proclamation of him not being strong enough to defeat him (only being at Kakashi's level) to heart and his eyes show no sign of rebuttal. He even has a triumphant, almost sinister look on his face when he sees that Orochimaru claims to trust him and that he was only joking (an obvious lie?).

Exibit 5: Unfortunate To Have Met Orochimaru?

In the first page, Kabuto mentions how him and Sasuke share something in common: being too good for their own good. And how they were, unfortunate to have crossed paths with Oro. Supposedly, both of them caught the eye of Orochimaru because they stood out too much (Sasuke because of his Sharingan, being the last Uchiha, and doing well against Oro in the Forest of Death....Kabuto because...?). Was Kabuto already a medic genius before Orochimaru took him under his wing as a child? I doubt it. So, how did he stand out so much? Does this line only strengthen the "Kabuto has a bloodline" theory? Or how about the "Kabuto has a bijuu" one?

The second page just makes Kabuto even more suspicious. He seems to comment on how the darkness in Sasuke's heart (which he refers to as a demon...) is being used against him (Curse Seal and/or desire for power?). And how, even Sasuke will become a future vessel for Orochimaru thanks to Fushi Tensei.

Now, is it just me, or does Kabuto seem to show some sympathy towards Sasuke at this moment? Or is it jealousy? Does he feel that killing Sasuke will save him from the road of darkness and deceit that lies ahead?

Exibit 6: Secure Loyalty? Or Does He Need Him Alive?

(edited around with several panels from right before the Sannin Fight - bottom two are taken from after Kabuto throws the kunai between Oro and Tsunade)

Taken from before the Sannin fight, the above collage of panels depicts the thought of betrayal fresh in Kabuto's mind and yet he chooses to save Orochimaru from Tsunade's attempt to kill him. Is this because he desiered to ultimately prove his loyalty and erase all thoughts of his betrayal from Orochimaru's mind? Is this because Kabuto needs Orochimaru alive for something? Or is he just Smitters, doing his job?

Exibit 7: Personality In the Data Book

One interesting piece of information that Kishi included in the 1st official character data book under Kabuto's personality was: he desires to be independant.

Hmmm....

Exibit 8: He Was Born On February 29th

Kabuto was born on leap day. A popular theory going around is that Kabuto may in fact be 76, pre-timeskip, and that Kishi isn't lying when he says he's 19 because he's supposed to celebrate his birthday every 4 years. This goes hand-in-hand nicely with "old blood, boiling". Maybe Kabuto is someone who already has gained immortality or is just using a jutsu similar to Tsunade?

Exibit 9: Kimimaro's Mysterious Disease

Could what Orochimaru said contain a secret, double meaning? Does he not trust Kabuto's antidotes?

As we all know, Kimimaro's was Orochimaru's originally intended (for all we know) vessel that he desired to take over with Fushi Tensei. But, as we also all know, Kimimaro gained a disease that proved fatal. Now, there's a popular theory going around that Kabuto was, in fact, the one who gave Kimimaro this disease. Honestly, it's not THAT farfetch'd, seeing as he is a world-class medical ninja and all, and seing that we've seen him try to kill desired host bodies of Orochimaru before (*cough*Sasuke*cough*).

We've seen Kabuto offer to Orochimaru to take his body in place or Sasuke/Kimimaro's two times now. Assuming that Kabuto did, in fact, poison Kimimaro, wanting to kill him, and that he did, in fact, consider killing Sasuke, maybe there's a reason why Kabuto wants Orochimaru to take his body?

Notice how Orochimaru seemingly never marked Kabuto with a curse seal. I think it's obvious that Orochimaru is avoiding Kabuto's act of charity. He clearly doesn't want his body and would rather have him by his side as his right-hand man.

Why?

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni

1. Kabuto is a jinchuuriki.

The Support:
    -The demon-like eyes
    -The old, boiling blood = bijuu's
    -He was a baby in the middle of a battlefield...maybe it was a battle over a bijuu (remember, Chiyo explained the NInja Wars were faught over them)...and he was a newley born jinchuuriki created during the battle?
    -Maybe Orochimaru holds onto Kabuto so to twart Akatsuki's plans of finding all the jinchuuriki?
    -This would explain why Orochimaru doesn't want his body because, if he took it over, he'd be a target for Akatsuki
    -Saved Oro's life...maybe he wants protection from Akatsuki?
    -He was never given a curse seal (maybe because it would be pointless and because he has no desire to make a jinchuuriki a container, what with Akatsuki after them?)

2. Kabuto has a bloodline

The Support:
    -The eyes
    -The old, boiling blood
    -He compares himself to Sasuke, saying they both stood out to Orochimaru. Both Sasuke and Kimimaro had bloodlines...seems Orochimaru loves bloodlines.

3. Kabuto wants Orochimaru's power/jutsu/immortality/secrets and then he plans to kill him

The Support:
    -He saved Orochimaru's life
    -He really seems like he's waiting for something
    -He wants Oro's trust
    -He's slick like that
    -He might be truly 76 and in desperate need of immortality

4. Kabuto wants Orochimaru to revive his clan (assuming he has a bloodline)

The Support:
    -His clan might've been wipped out at Bellflower Pass (he was a surviving child on a battlefield)
    -He saved Orochimaru's life
    -He really seems like he's waiting for something
    -He want's Oro's trust
    -Old boiling blood may refer to a bloodline
    -He MIGHT have poisoned Kimimaro in order to leave his desire the only one left in Oro's mind

5. For some reason, Kabuto wants Orochimaru to take over his body

The Support:
    -He's tried to kill two other vessels
    -He's asked twice for Oro to take his body if need be
    -He seems to be waiting around for something
    -He saved Oro's life
    -He might have a counter jutsu that will allow him to survive Fushi Tensei, freeing him of his bijuu by letting Oro taking his body

6. He's a 76-year-old dude disguised as 21-year-old
    -Born on Leap Day
    -The "old boiling blood" reference
    -He might be sticking around for the secret of the immortality jutsu
    -Very knowledgable about medical ninjutsu...almost too good for his age

So...after reading this thread....tell me, what is your opinion on Kabuto? Who do you think he is? What is he hiding?

3. lekki

Reason why he's not hiding anything special? Databook gave his stats and showed him improving.

The only thing that was a mystery was during the chuunin exam, we thought he sucked and it turned out he was a badass. Mystery over:)

No Jinchuriki, maybe he's an old geezer but I think he's just Smithers:)

4. TenshiOni

1. Why was he in the middle of a battlefiend?
    2. What's with the eyes?
    3. Old blood boiling?
    4. Why does he consider killing Sasuke?
    5. Why does he consider Sasuke and himself unfortunate?

5. lekki

1. Why was Naruto anywhere near where Kyuubi was as a baby?:amuse

2. He got mad and his eyes went red. It happens with real people too.
    It was to show that he was way above genin level like he was supposed
    to be at the time.

3. Is just some crappy translation probably. Making a comedic statement?
    Calling yourself an old man in an ironic way. It doesn't have to mean he's
    an old man you know:)

4. That, I really have no explanation for except for looking at my answer to 5

5. He is clever enough to realize that Oro really is an evil bastard not the
    golden god Kimi was making him out to be. But at the same time, Oro
    probably really did help him out by raising him and he knows he has a debt
    to repay to Oro so he'll stay by his side until the inevitable plot twist down
    the line when he saves one of the kids from Oro's wrath:)
    Sasuke is also unfortunate because he came to Oro for help and is now
    also indebted to him.

6. TenshiOni

Honestly, I'd assume it's because the Yondaime took him there with the full intention of making him a jinchuuriki.

Yeah, but don't you find it weird how Kishi put emphasis on Oboro and gang stopping in their tracks, great fear depicted in their eyes, and how Sasuke even found it strange. Honestly, so much attention for simple anger?

Prove it. As far as I know, every translation of the Naruto anime and manga doesn't miss this one line.

Sure, I can agree with that. It'd make sense with the unfortunate part and you got to figure that Kabuto knows Orochimaru better than anyone by now (except Jiraiya and Tsunade).

7. Freakness

First of all, you've put some thought into it and you well worked it out , *Reps* .
    Now, I really do not have answers for all of the questions ...
    I'll just say that I personally do think he is a jinchuuriki . The eyes, The "Old Blood Boiling", and you forgot, the regenerative cells ( Like Naruto, the healing power of the bijuu ). All of those just lead to the fact that he is a Jinchuuriki. Adding few stuff that you've said, I do believe Orochimaru knows Kabuto is a Jinchuuriki, and that's why he keeps him, and does not make him a container.. ( All of the Akatsuki stuff ).

That being said, I do not think he has a bloodline limit. The old blood boiling refers, If you ask me, Only to the demon inside him. So no, he has no bloodline limit i suppose.

About being a spy for Jirayia and stuff , I doubt it . He just seems to me like a loyal right hand of Orochimaru . Unfortunate ? Maybe, as you said in the data book, It was said that he wants to be Independent? Well, that fits just great to the situation . Kabuto, afraid of Orochimaru, just knows he can't run away and betray Orochimaru, Therefore he has to stay and be dependent on Orochimaru...That's why it's a bad luck that he was picked up by Orochimaru..
    But oh well, That's what I think ..

8. TenshiOni

Yeah, I strongly doubt any invovlement with Jiraiya too. Just threw it out there cuz it's been mentioned here on the forums before.

Ah, well, he made it out to just be a jutsu, so I didn't include it. But I got to admit, I've found that one particular jutsu suspicious too. It's highly possible it further backs up the jinchuuriki theory.

More proof to the jinchuuriki theory:

Introducing 5 whole new characters < Introducing 4 whole new characters.

It helps Kishi out by not wasting his time with a Smithers character.

9. lekki

Yo TO, about the Oboro and gang stopping in their tracks, did you notice that Sasuke also commented on it.

Naruto and Sakura weren't high enough levels to be able to notice when someone is way stronger than you.

When Kabuto got mad, he started to release his actual chakra as he was about to lose it and at that moment, Oboro and co probably realized this guy was jounin level.
    Sasuke also knew he was hiding something.

About the old blood thing, I know a similar saying and I know exactly what it means but it's very colloquial so I don't even know how to begin to explain it:(

Yondaime wasn't shown holding a baby in one hand in that flashback BTW:)

I'm pretty sure he sent for Naruto after the fight was over or something.

As for ninjas, we know from flashbacks that a ninja battlefield isn't exactly a field as ninjas are all about stealth and stuff and don't charge at each other in a field or something.

10. Freakness

Oh, I didn't know that was a jutsu . Btw, I don't know if it's likely, but maybe he just said he performed a jutsu, for hiding his natural regenerative cells ability.. he probably doesn't want to show Tsunade or Naruto he's a jinchuuriki.. but that is just a thought..

Ye, that could be true indeed .

11. TenshiOni

It's possible it was just the high-level chakra of a Jounin he sensed, yeah. But I still just find the attention given to the eye more suspicious than the actual fear.

Yeah, it's cuz he wasn't shown at all. You're referring to anime filler in the first 30 seconds of the anime.

He subdued the Kyuubi and held him there for awhile? :laugh

Random shinobi: Yes, you did it, Hokage-sama!
    Yondaime: Hey, umm...y'know...this guy won't stay put for long. Mind running back to the village and picking up my son/random orphan?
    Random shinobi: Uhh....yeah, sure. Any suggestion?
    Yondaime: Yeah, run to the hospital and take my new born son/some random ladies son from my wife's/some random mother's arms and rush back here. Make sure he looks like me!
    Random shinobi: Hai, Hokage-sama!!
    Yondaime: Now, why don't you tell me about youself, foxy?

So, where do you propose they fought in the Battle of Bell-Flower Pass?

I'm assuming Kishi was going for Pass as a noun....

Yeah, that's what I think too, if he is, in fact, hiding a jinchuuriki ability. :tem

12. lekki

Hey, a classroom is also a battlefield depending on the scenario. During the chuunin exam invasion, Konoha was the battlefield, it's not too hard to see that Kabuto could've been found anywhere including an abandoned home somewhere else.

As for Yondaime subduing Kyuubi, Kyuubi was done for as soon as the soul was pulled out, you then get to choose where you want it to be sealed from what I understand of the tech. Maybe you don't even have to be physically there.

13. TenshiOni

They said Kabuto was found at the Battle of Bell-Flower Pass. Implying, he was found on a mountain pass/field pass/something pass. He wasn't in a town or anywhere near innocent people. He was in the middle of a battlefield...a child/baby.

At least you could admit that's pretty suspicious? :laugh

And as for the pulling out the soul thing...sure, we can assume for your argument that once the soul's out the user of Shiki Fuujin can just sit that and chill for a bit, holding it, postponing his/her own death (the Shinigami's probably very patient - not intended sarcasm), and they could've gotten baby Naruto a little bit later.....

....that still doesn't take away from the fact that Kabuto was found in a battle field during the 2nd Great Ninja War, a war in which bijuu's were fought over, away from any form of village, as a baby or child.

14. Cholisose

Wow, nicely organized TenshiOni. That's a lot to ponder about... I really don't know what's going to be done with Kabuto. Even his personality seems to change a lot, it seems... he's pretty unpredictable. Kishimoto has thrown in lots of tidbits to hint at things, but is doing a nice job of not letting us see the whole picture with Kabuto yet.

One main point I think is that Kabuto never tried to kill Sasuke. I think he only took out his knife when he realized Kakashi was nearby. I don't think that knife was ever intended for Sasuke. By that point, Kabuto had to concentrate on making use of his emergency escape plan.
    Then again, Kabuto didn't make much of an effort to capture Sasuke at the final exams, did he? I mean, he was dressed as an ANBU. Couldn't he have run off after Sasuke himself?

Here's something to throw at "Kabuto is a jinchuuriki" theorizers. Why did he think Naruto would never amount to anything? Sure, back at the final exam, Kabuto was all "Don't underestimate Naruto!" But then a few weeks later, he's going on and on and on and on about how much Naruto sucks and is worthless. And then he got worked in a rather pitiful way. =P So why didn't Kabuto take Naruto seriously? He knew Naruto was the "Kyubbi brat," right?

Anyways, I'm not sure what Kabuto's deal is when it comes to his loyalty to Orochimaru. I'm also concerned about how he was towards Kimimaro. He seemed to practically be grinning at Kimimaro's hospitalized state. And this so-called disease Kimimaro got... it came from completely left-field, right? I mean, it seems that Kimimaro got sick right before Orochimaru's planned invasion. "How convenient," one might say. Perhaps too convenient. So, let's say what if Kabuto poisoned Kimimaro, designed to hospitalize him quickly, but apparently keep him at no worse than critical condition in the event that he needs to use him.

Also, something to throw in the Kabuto-Sasuke dealie. Sasuke arrives, and Kabuto pees AND craps his pants. Why? Is he just completely worried about the possibility of Orochimaru having Sasuke's body and bloodline? Or does he think Sasuke will put a damper in Kabuto's plans, whatever they may be?

One thing's for sure - Kabuto wants to keep Orochimaru alive. If he wanted to kill Orochimaru, he would've just let Tsunade "heal Orochimaru's arms."

Post 1111

15. Marsala

Kabuto was found in the pass because Orochimaru left him there. Kabuto had been living undercover as a spy, hiding his "true self", since the age of about 10 or so. Interestingly enough, this is very similar to the sleeper agents of Sasori. Perhaps Kabuto was a collaboration between them? Could Kabuto be Sasori's subordinate with Orochimaru? I'm guessing no since he seems to have all of his memories activated, but it's a possibility.

As for the red eyes, I think it's either nothing important or a sign to a non-bloodline, non-jinchuuriki power. Unlike other known and suspected jinchuuriki, Kabuto doesn't have any animal-like features in his normal form and his eyes becoming bloodshot don't make him any more animal-like. I suspect that the eyes were either just a sign of his chakra increasing or (this is far-fetched) a second, psychotic personality emerging. This personality would not need glasses and have much greater chakra. This revelation would open the door for another character to get a much-needed power-up (three guesses who).

16. TenshiOni

Kabuto seems to identify himself with Sasuke most. He considers himself a genius who could defeat the genius Kakashi like he was trash ("Can that be done...? By the likes of you?"). He's full of himself. All positive praise towards Naruto was just him playing the roll of a nice and friendly spy. Only thing he didn't say out loud was, "This kid will be a monster if he learns to control his chakra and keep his insane stamina." Kyuubi supposedly has the largest chakra. It makes sense that he'd make this comment...about a Naruto that is much older. When he fought him in the Sannin Arc, he must've saw that Naruto was still just a stupid, reckless, Genin in skill, who can only do a few Kage Bunshin tricks. He was bascially dissing the Kyuubi by mentioning how Sasuke will always be better than him. He wanted him to get angry. Kabuto wants him to use the Kyuubi power and get better at it. Before his match against Neji, Kabuto had said from afar, "Don't dissapoint me, Naruto-kun," and when he witnessed Naruto use Kyuubi skillz against Neji, he was the only character who wasn't saying anything...he just watched...as if analyzing the fight...watching a fellow jinchuuriki skills, maybe?

Honestly, I've always felt that scene was so stupid and out've place. I guess it was just a Kabuto who came to see that the Sasuke he stood over so long ago has, in fact, made use of the darkness in his heart in order to reach a new pinnacle of strength. Kabuto's concern/prediction realized.

Indeed.

It's entirely possible that Orochimaru left him there, yes, and that one particular support behind the jinchuuriki theory is now less definite, but it still doesn't really explain the eyes or boiling blood.

What drew Orochimaru to Kabuto then? A bloodline? Natural skill at such a young age?

But the thing is...you're then saying that Oro ditched him there around 10 years or so, pre-timeskip....wasn't Orochimaru very much in the Akatsuki Organization then? Hmmm...that does put a damper on my idea. I guess, in order for my idea to work, i'm going to have to assume Kabuto was much younger than around 10 years old when found.

It's a possibility, yes, but it would really have nothing to do with what Kabuto has been shown doing/thinking so far. Everything so far would be kinda pointless if Kabuto had memories that only further add dimensions to his character.

But it could work out if you assume Sasori wanted to leave some words of his own in his partner's new subordinate's head when they were teamed up in the Akatsuki.

Hmm...a second personality that appears when he's pushed to the limit in anger? Hmmm...I like the idea. It does cover the "old blood boiling" part.

But not sure what Oro meant about how Kabuto quitting the Chuunin Perlims as a way to keep his boiling blood in check. Was Kabuto concerned he'd go nuts from having a chance to fight Naruto or Sasuke?

17. Cholisose

I'm left wondering if Kabuto wanted to kill Naruto or keep him alive. I'm pretty sure Kabuto COULD have killed Naruto if he wanted to. The only problem is, he wanted to. The more I think about it, the more holes I find. It's like Kabuto wants Naruto dead AND alive.

It's either that, or Kabuto's just so ridiculously arrogant, that he's really dumb at times. Which I think may very well be the case.

But the more I decide Kabuto wants Naruto left alive, the more I see the "Kabuto is a jinchuuriki theory," but I keep coming back to Kabuto being quite serious about killing Naruto, and he practically DID kill Naruto - Tsunade just barely saved him, after all.

And I think you're more right TenshiOni, with Kabuto relating more to Sasuke... I mean, his thoughts to himself are really the only things that we can take without wondering "Well, is he just acting, or is that really how he feels?" Tricky business.

18. TenshiOni

I'm with ya on Kabuto wanting to kill Naruto. He clearly attempted it during the Sannin fight. Honestly, I interpret it as 1 jinchuuriki testing his skill against another jinchuuriki. Maybe Kabuto was concerned that if he didn't kill Naruto now and if he gave him time to train his chakra and utilize his insane stamina, he wouldn't be able to defeat him in the future? Plus, killing Naruto = Akatsuki fail. If Kabuto was a jinchuuriki i'd image he a) seek the help of someone who left Akatsuki (Orochimaru) and b) want to do everything in his power to make sure Akatsuki fail, cuz if they do, they won't have a desire to go after him anymore.

19. Gaimanotaku

Along with the bijou theory is that it also helps to explain Kabuto's fine technical skills. Remember, medical skills aren't something that can just be powered through, and it's not something he was observed in the village, nor likely that Orochimaru was able to teach him in secret the whole time. What makes that especially unlike that is that Tsunade assesses him as a medic equivalent to her talents, and yet Orochimaru went to Tsunade for restoration because he did not have the medical abilities himself.

Kyuubi can communicate with Naruto under stress. Shukaku when Gaara is asleep. It's feasible that a youma could communicate with their vessel at all times and even be the one who instructed them in techniques it'd accumulated by itself or from past vessels. Or that a youma was responsible for some kind of age retarding effect and that Kabuto was already a fully trained medic from his village when he arrived in Konoha.

I think an especially apt Bijou would be Genbu, the turtle.

1.) Genbu is traditionally drawn intertwined with a snake, even with a snake as its tail in some representations.
    2.) Kabuto is a helmet. In fact, Kabuto's entire genin team in the Chuunin exams were each named after armor elements. A turtle is of course, an armored animal.
    3.) Turtles have slang connotations of bastard and orphan, due to ancients observing it as a creature notable for abandoning the eggs of its young.
    4.) Genbu and Suzaku are part of the same set of beasts representing compass directions. Evidence for Suzaku supplements evidence for Genbu, along with Seiryuu the Dragon and Byakko the Tiger.
    5.) Turtles are symbols of both wisdom and longevity.

Reasons against Kabuto being a Nekomata - Two Tailed Resurrection Cat.
    1.) Other characters have used resurrection related jutsu such as Chiyoba and Orochimaru without being associated with it.
    2.) Kakashi only comments on being tricked by the technique, not about the technique being rare or extraordinary in any way. It's likely that the resurrection technique that Kabuto uses in the hospital is known to other medics of the village and possibly even as one of Kakashi's 1000 techniques. One technique that does not require youma energy does not provide sufficient evidence.

20. Trash Bear

Nice post. I don't believe he's a Jinchuuriki...Like you said he didn't argue the point when Oro put him equal with Kakashi (perhaps he said it as an insult to Kabuto, and Kabuto didn't take the bait) I would think that having a bijuu would give him an enormous power boost like it does for Naruto and Gaara. Another thing why wouldn't he use some of his bijuu's powers? Going on the assumption that he hasn't showed his true power yet, he could have subdued Tsunade easier, killed Shizune and Naruto (though he seemed to be having fun kicking Naruto around) like instantly. What of akatsuki? One of the reasons we kick around that Oro doesn't want/take a Jinchuuriki body is because he knows they are after them. Just being in the company of Kabuto would put him in great danger, he's a smart guy 9 on 1 doesn't give him a good chance. I'm fairly sure he knows they want him dead, or else he's going to be really surprised in the future :).

Now saying that I do believe/hope there is something up with him. I voted Smithers, because it's Smithers, I mean come on :smile-big, but I'm leaning towards him having a bloodline, and I like the theory that he's infact an old man and is using a jutsu like Tsunade to appear younger, maybe it's one of the things his bloodline can do?

He certainly is a very mysterious and interesting character, I really can't wait to see what/who he really is and his true intentions :)

21. enki (inactive)

Kabuto, one of my top three favorite living Naruto characters. To me he sums up what I think a real ninja should be. he is skilled.. impossible to judge how skilled. he is intellegent, very intellegent. He is capable. He is strong, how strong is another mystery. he is loyal to his master...or so it seems. Ultimately I think it will be reveild that Kabuto has his own motives separate from his “devotion” to Orochimaru. I've beleived for a long time now that Kabuto was the true killer of Kimmimaro to prevent Orochimaru from possessing his body. I believe Kabuto was poisoning Kimmimaro over a period of time...killing him slowly. There is no doubt in my mind that Kabuto wants Orochimaru to perform his immortality jutsu on him [Kabuto]. I'm not sure why but my guess is that Kabuto has a way to either counter it or more likely overpower it. Possibly he believes he can acquire Orochimaru's knowledge of jutsu this way. On a side note I thing Orochimaru grossly underestimates Kabuto's ability when he compares his strength to that of Kakashi's. Once more I'm not all that sure Orochimaru actually believes that.

22. TenshiOni

Hmmm...you say Kabuto isn't a jinchuuriki cuz Orochimaru's smart enough to not get himself involved with one as he's bascially asking himself to be hunted down, tonyd.

But remember that Orochimaru does NOT want Akatsuki to suceed. He wanted to kill Naruto in the Sannin fight because he believed that Naruto would cause him future trouble if left alive for Akatsuki to get.

Wouldn't it make more sense to guard a jinchuuriki and hide (supposedly, in the manga, no one knows of Oro's whereabouts) then to leave him to grow up in a village that will probably treat him like shit like all other villages do and that'll probably just hand Kabuto over when Akatsuki come for him? He's a Sannin who happens to know most of the abilities of the Akatsuki. Kabuto stands the best chance of survival, if he was a jinchuuriki, under Oro's care.

23. Mineko-Iwasa

Kabuto is indeed one of the most mysterious characters in Naruto. we know almost nothing and what we know makes everything even more strange.

1) Orochimaru says that Kabuto was a spy since he was a kid. So i think he was not left on the battlefield, but put there by the ennemies. they hoped that the leafs would take him with them... he couldn't have met Oro later. Oro could never enter the village of the leafs without beeing noticed and Kabuto couldn't leave the leafs withouth being noticed either. or can he??? how did he gave all the informations to Oro? so the fact that he is a kid/young man, can't be that right. even if you are a genius at a young age, you can't spy that well without being cought.

2) the eyes and the old blood boiling, maybe Oro was reffering to Kabuto's past, the possibility of him having a bijuu is not that far fetched. but i doubt it seriously. I would say that he has a bloodlimit ability. If he would be Jinchuuriki, Akazuki would have never leave him live as long as Oro was still in the organization.

3) what he plans doing...... i would go with killing Orochimaru once Kabuto himself gained enough power to defeat him. He could have killed orochimaru when he was weak, but he didn't do it. why??? maybe with Oro's help, he gains himself power, or informations.

4) he seems to identify himself with Sasuke at the beginning, but then i think that he begins beeing jalous of him. Somehow, even if he hates Oro, it seems like that he wants his attention XD sounds strange but it all looks like that. he looked quite happy as Kimimaro died or was dying. <.< that is suspicious.

5) i wouldn't be surprised if Kabuto would be really an old man. He has quite the skills in medic justsus. I bet he didn't showed everything he could do during the fight with the sannins and naruto.

6) i agree on the argument that he wanted to kill Naruto, but not on the fact that he was testing his skills as jinchuuriki. he just wanted to see how far Naruto is able to go and how good his own skills are to fight against Naruto.

24. Neut

I thought Kabuto was just Smithers too. His mystery has already been revealed and I don't think Kishi will come back and have a second bite of the cherry.

Kabuto being Jinchuriiki will give him too much potential - and take away some of the limelight that ought to be cast on Sasuke as Oro's star pupil. Instead, it is more likely he will be overshadowed by Sasuke and be a little jealous and/or disgruntled as a result.

I don't like the idea of Kabuto having a secret bloodline. Bloodlines are too 'been there, done that'. I think Kabuto is better the way he is - like Kakashi, a genius with tremendous potential and versatility. I supposed I'm biased here - I see Kakashi, Zabuza and Kabuto as the ideal shinobi - gritty, deceptive and very versatile. Bloodlines always seem like constraints to me, rather than strengths - as soon as they are introduced, a character will forever be identified by their bloodlines much like Star Trek actors can never shed their screen personas.

It's more like Kabuto will be revealed with hidden motives and he may even leave Oro an unhappy shinobi. He's unpredictable too and we can never be certain what new abilities he will choose to master. Kabuto never seem to play favourites with his powers. He has demonstrated a wide range of abilities that makes him very useful in all sorts of situations and he'll use anything that get him what he wants. So apart from that, I just can't see him harbouring any more mysteries.

25. Trash Bear

Entirely possible, Oro tossed Naruto aside during the second test of the chuunin exams because he was a target of Akatsuki. I mean he had the perfect oppertunity to kill him then and there... he knew there plans back then, and Sasuke was frozen in his spot, he wasn't going anywhere, it would have saved him so much trouble, basically killing two birds with one stone, getting rid of Naruto and giving Sasuke the curse seal.

During the Sannin fight, is when he decides that he has to stop them at all cost by killing Naruto. Reading that I was inclined to believe he came to that conclusion after seeing a genin beating his strongest(?) suboordinate who's on par if not stronger that Kakashi an elite jounin. I always thought he realized then and there the true power a bijuu possesses seeing Naruto come back from death and perhaps it was then he realized what the likes of Akatsuki could do with that power. Like I said it's entirely possible that's he's a Jinchuuriki, but why all of the sudden did he come to the conclusion after seeing Naruto in action that he had to stop them when Kabuto was with him all the while? He had to know the awesome power they possessed being with Kabuto all that time.

26. lekki

I can pretty much guarantee Kabuto so no competition in Naruto considering he just came off fighting Tsunade.

I interpret it as 1 jounin showing a chuunin how it's done except for the part where he miscalculated how strong a rasengan was.

You then got confirmation that they didn't give a damn about Naruto when Oro promptly tried to execute him.:)

But you are right about the training and stuff. Kabuto already saw how much chakra he had in the forest of death. And he is a clever kid so putting 2 and 2 together, yeah.

But only as an enemy jounin, not as a fellow jinchuriki. IMO

27. brownsm

old blood prob means his clans old blood.dun think he has bijuu in him.

28. Dr.Douchebag

looking at his past and it could be that hes out for revenge of course this isnt ruling out the possibility of a bloodline or demon rememeber he was a child not a baby during the battle when his parents were killed now who killed his parents is another story.maybe oro? sounds stupid i know but what if he didnt know about the child or kabuto wasnt there when his parents were killed and kabuto found out his parents killer and would be acting as his right hand man to sabotage him and then later on oro found out who kabuto really was which is why he seems to be expecting a betrayal .

remember we dont know when this battle happened so the possibilty that oro killed his parents is still there but at the same time you could make up many more theories about kabuto which is why i love the character you really dont know much about him.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  29. Gold Knight

Kabuto's a real mystery... my guess (and hope) is he is indeed a jinchuuriki and that is why the Akatsuki are so angry at Orochimaru for letting him get away.

However, if he is a jinchuuriki, then he is a painfully weak one compared to Naruto and Gaara. Unless... unless, with his medical skills, he's able to actually dominate the demon within himself through either his own healing chakra or through some sort of medicine.

Perhaps he's even merged with the demon, unlike most failed jinchuuriki (Gaara and Naruto seem to be merging with their respective demons as well) so he might be said to be a successful jinchuuriki, however, Kabuto loathes using his demon's chakra - and that is why he wishes to be independent.

This might also explain why Kabuto was able to get away from Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Naruto when he was defeated by Naruto's Rasengan. If he was actually out of chakra, how would he have gotten away by disappearing and so on? So... he must have drawn on the demon's chakra inside himself.

That is my hope. So I vote jinchuuriki.

30. crono220

Ya, the jinchuuriki thing with kabuto does sound plausable. I also wondered about his escaping rutines. He just seems to vanish when that smoke covers him as if he were just a bushin (for example, during the chunnin exam when he and baki escaped, and with the fight with tsunade and co during the sannin arc)