1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

Yakusoku Neverland (Weekly Shonen Jump)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Rica_Patin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. BlueDemon Demon

There's a possibility the humans on the other side don't remember they did it anymore. Or at least the general population wouldn't know.

But wouldn't that be "too easy"? If it's only a physical barrier it doesn't hit me as being insurmontable. But it depends of course how big it is and out of what it's made and who guards it etc.

2. White Wolf Moderator

Hum dunno, the whole buildup thus far doesn't scream different planet or universe or anything like that... just sounds like the demons half has mutated over the years into this monstrous land.

You have a point, but maybe the wall is so massive that no one bothers even going near it, and since they on both sides have been taught to not approach it over the generations it could've been left alone for the most part.

*shrug* yet another mystery to be uncovered.

3. BlueDemon Demon

The reason why I'm thinking it's another dimension or something like that is because they said this pact has been closed 1000 years ago and this is the Earth we know it (up to 2015 with PSPs and other stuff). And since our Earth isn't divided...but of course, I might be misinterpreting this. And their Earth is like ours, but has just been divided in two for a thousand years now.

4. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

So would the demons get in trouble for hunting humans even though they are escaped livestock?

5. BlueDemon Demon

Nah, that's unlikely. Especially since the worlds don't have any official contact anymore. Nobody would know/be able to control what they're doing over there.

6. White Wolf Moderator

The hunt is probably mutual anyways. I can't imagine humans not experimenting on some demons they've captured over the years.

7. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

True. That's usually how foreign shit goes down in the sci fi movies.

8. White Wolf Moderator

I expected a bit more information from a chapter titled "The Two Worlds"...

It wasn't terrible anyways but felt empty.

Last page tho ... :catsweat

9. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Yeah, the last couple of chapters have dragged for me. So many panels wasted on the 'we can do it' pep talk and the kids admonishing Emma and Ray. I was hoping to learn more about these 'good demons' (prefer Sung-Joo's design to that of Musica).

And now we have the name of the Big Bad demon--whatever it is! It's to be expected that he's going to be trouble, considering the pact that was made between these creatures and the humans. I'm wondering how the kids can think that taking all of the 'livestock' children to the human world would actually solve anything. It would serve as a betrayal of the promise between the two worlds and could cause a return to the conflicts of the past. In fact, it could be possible that the humans would prevent the kids' passage into their world in order to retain peace and safety.

10. Tayimus Number One

Oh thank God. I thought I was being to harsh on the series when wondering why page after page was being wasted.

11. DeVision dreamer

I like where this is going, but I feel Ray's decision to write down the coordinates is incredibly stupid. I mean, the demons will figure out the meaning eventually.
    He shouldn't have wrote down anything. If Emma and the rest came looking for him, and found his message they'd probably get caught anyways.

12. Tayimus Number One

I understand him wanting to write something down to tell the others what happened, but why the fuck did he write Minerva's location? Like...did he think the others somehow forgot it? Incredibly stupid, indeed. Uncharacteristically so.

13. White Wolf Moderator

More eventful chapter than last, so Emma's taking on the burden of killing by herself. Was nice that Ray noticed it, lol.

Was the last page with Minerva a part of the chapter or fanart...? :thunk

Pretty interesting nonetheless.

14. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Good question. The artwork looked darned official to me.

I still found the story to be moving at a snail's pace. At least we now know the reason for those sprigs of plant stabbed into victims (and that these 'demons' have a religion of sorts that they follow).

15. DeVision dreamer

Great chapter. Emma seems so dark. Almost psycho-like.

The Minerva part is so intriguing. I hope it's official.

The demon-religion part is interesting too. And Emma's conlusion, that humans are like demons (in a way).

16. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Quite true--we humans eat others to live and most are removed from the ugly facts behind dinner. These creatures are actually raising their 'livestock' in a far kinder way than humans generally do.

17. DeVision dreamer

Yep. And if it's painless as well, the process would be almost humane.

Wow.. I'm defending the demons right now. :lmao

18. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we don't eat any intelligent life forms with complex thoughts or feelings. This would be closer to cannibalism.

We are empathic to the point some people will consider dogs as another family member, with no other reason than what we imagine they must be thinking/feeling. If a gorila could talk we would probably give him full on human rights and legal representation :catskully

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  19. DeVision dreamer

Well, we don't know much about the demons. Maybe the gap between demons and humans is bigger than the gap between humans and, let's say, pigs.

20. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Who is to say what is an 'intelligent' life form. I think most creatures have more complex thoughts and feelings than we give them credit for. If you consider sign language, KoKo has provided evidence that a gorilla can indeed talk.

21. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

An intelligent life form would be something with an "interior world", capable of both self consciousness, emotions and stuff like dreams, imagination, personality, and empathy with other creatures.
    Koko is the reason I said "if it could talk" as a trigger to give them full rights, even now im certain most people would find the idea of eating apes, wolves or dolphins as disgusting.

Something with the exact same mental faculties as us to the point it can even talk our lenguage would be granted rights similar to those of non-human persons and would also be declared illegal to eat almost inmediately after it's discovery, not that most people would even consider doing that.

Things like reptiles, most birds, most lower mammals, all fish and bugs are closer to robots than anything else, completely instinct and reaction guided.

22. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

Only a matter of time until Emma goes Monster Hunter on the demons.

23. BlueDemon Demon

Nice info about the high quality farms. So there are only 4 of those, and the rest of the farms are mass producing. Going to be hard to survive out there.

24. Xiammes Symbol of Pizza Super Moderator

I should have expected it, but I am glad this series can still surprise me with horrifying depraved shit.

25. White Wolf Moderator

Guess the Minerva pages are canon now, but what it means... I do not know. The fact he calls it a test is kinda worrisome somehow. Like a cruel cruel joke on the smartest of the smart animals.

26. DeVision dreamer

And what does he mean with: "..to give the human world back to YOU.."? Is he also a demon?

And what is Ray doing?

27. Keishin Well-Known Member

Pretty damn cool chapter but mostly because of some individual things here and there.

That stuffed toy kind of makes me think that the next arc will be akin to a survival game where they die one after another to get to a goal point, Darwins game, Doubt, Btoom, Liar Game, Kamisama no Iutoori, Danganronpa, Battle Royale.. Though I'm not sure if it'll be like that since the first was kind of like that but they just escaped, and this second arc was also akin to something like Cage of Eden and Jurassic Park with survival in wild but it wasn't that serious.
    We might be getting arcs going to one special plantation after another maybe, though I don't see the invasions being that possible but they need help.
    Also Minervas design is giving me Johan vibes. I wonder what his true goal is.

28. Tayimus Number One

29. Kenpachi_Uchiha Hope Won't Die

Mass produced human produce...that is some cold stuff.

30. DeVision dreamer

Link removed .net/r/neverland/051/4498/1

Just remove the space between "readms" and the dot.

EDIT:
    Spoiler:
    btw. holy crap. I knew something like this could be possible. Sung-Joo seemed shady from the start. And seems like the life span of demons is lot longer than the span of people. Why else would he wait for the "bigger picture" (people escaping and reproducing outside of the farms)?