1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Yamato and the Nekomata...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Chiru, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I want to start by saying that I don't feel he is a bijuu. This theory does however, connect him to the Nekomata.

As we know, each member of Akatsuki seems to have resemblances between one of the bijuu. Itachi and Raijuu, the 6-tailed weasel demon. Deidara and Kaku, the 7-tailed badger demon. Kisame and Isonade, the 3-tailed shark demon. Sasori can even be connected to Sokou, the 4-tailed rooster/snake demon.

Now all of a sudden, we have Yamato. There are a few things that strike me as strange about him. Some things that can be connected to the Nekomata:

1. Mokuton Ninjutsu. From what we have seen, Yamato's main element is wood. The Nekomata just happens to be the bijuu from the "Forest of Death".

2. This one is a bit of a stretch, but... Yamato has already shown he can use one of Shodai's unique jutsu. What if he also knows that genjutsu cast by Shodai? The complete darkness one. I wouldn't be suprised if he does. He seems to have a connection to Shodai already, so giving Yamato one more of the 1st Hokage's jutsu wouldn't be so out there. Also, guess what... Nekomata's primary element is Darkness.

3. Yamato's cat features. Look at his eyes. They are cat eyes. I mean...they are really freaky. Quite unusual. Also, his ANBU mask is a cat. He, like all other ANBU (supposedly), has claws in his gloves. Also...the mysterious cat spying on Sai.

4. Yamato has pointed it out himself that he has two sides to him. The nekomata is the two-tailed bijuu and is also said to have two different types to it.

--------------------------------------

I didn't really feel like going into much detail on this, but I think you get the point.

Yamato has as many connections to the Nekomata, that the other Akatsuki memebers have to some of the bijuu.

Could this mean he is part of Akatsuki? Jiraiya's spy IN Akatsuki (Tobi)? Maybe Akatsuki's spy in Konoha?

Discuss.

Tags:
  2. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Very good points.

Now i can't decide which theory to believe, yours or yanga ong's, as he made a thread that Yamato is the genius that Yamata no Orochi needs to become powerful again.

Hell, look at the name, Yamata/Yamato.

3. earthshine Banned

well, there are still some members of akatsuki not yet introduced, it is possible he was the smaller one standing in the cave, but the question is why? why not some lacky, why a full-fledged member?

he was assigned his mission to naruto, he did not voulenteer, so i doubt he is plotting to take naruto's demon, and what would he be spying on konoha for? they have no idea where akatsuki is, and zetsu is enough spy to handle any mission, so why yamato?

still, it is a possibility, you made quite a few good points.

guess we will have to wait and see

4. Siddis Member

KK

Finally, someone else who agrees with me.

5. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I would love if he turned out to be Jiraiya's informant. A spy in Akatsuki. Or better yet, a spy attempting to get in Akatsuki. Some people have already said he is Tobi, but from what I remember, they think he will be on Akatsuki's side. I think he is Tobi, and will end up betraying Akatsuki.

@Siddis: I like your theory too. He could possibly be a Jinchuuriki. I'm betting more on him being like Kisame, in that he represents a bijuu, but your idea is good too. :amuse

6. Siddis Member

Your idea with Tobi makes sense if you follow my theory that Zetsu is connected to the Nibi. I agree that all this has a connection, and hopefully the next chapters will make things clear.

7. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

It all fits in very well...There is definetly something up with Yamato. I am sure either him or Sai is a jinchuuriki.

8. gSOLO Schizoid

Even more support for the tie in / similarities with Zetsu.

9. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

Wasn't it Nidaime who did the Complete Darkness genjutsu? Yeah, I'll say it was Nidaime who did that genjutsu.

10. Siddis Member

11. Dyroness x

In the manga, it was Shodaime, but they changed to Nidaime in the anime. :wink

And awesome, Chiru!

12. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

In the manga Shodai performed the genjutsu.

EDIT: Dyroness beat me to it.

13. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

Those are really good points which you made. I really hadn't noticed a few of those things, though they seem so obvious now that you pointed those out.

Though, I somewhat doubt there being another bijuu in Konoha besides Naruto. As much as Kishimoto likes to revolve around Konoha, I'm fairly sure that he has planned to place all other bijuu in different nations other than Konoha. I believe what he wanted to accomplish in Part 2 is elaborate more around the Continent of Naruto and explore the other countries from which Part 1 we knew little about, but already we're seeing other nations and culture of that.

Though, I wouldn't say your theory is exactly flawed, as it has some strong evidence and points. So, I won't keep your theory out of mind for now. :amuse

14. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I see, Dyro.:nuts
    Your edited post wasn't necessary; Dyro told me.

15. Siddis Member

He wrote it while I was editing, so I didn't know.

16. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Thanks for all the feedback. So yeah, I wonder why they changed it in the anime. I think it would be somewhat suprising if Yamato turned out to be helping Jiraiya with his spying on Akatsuki. It would be cool too. I don't want to take my theory and go way too far with it, but would it be possible to assume Shodai himself was a Jinchuuriki? I mean...it must have taken a lot of chakra to create an entire village (of trees) from scratch. Hmm...

17. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Interesting theory, liked very much, specially because you didnt ended it saying "and thats why Yamato for sure has a bijuu inside him..."
    Now, you have good points here, so I agree that Yamato might have some conection to this bijuu - even if its just that its in his destiny to fight it...
    Good one.
    :)

18. Nibi Nekomata Certified Cat Napper

At this point almost all of the theories about the five remaining bijuu are up in the air. Kishimoto-sensei hasn't given any really strong hints yet, most of the bases for current theories are very debatable clues that may or may not be actual foreshadowing. It's certainly possible, however, because those damn bijuu have to show up eventually.

Although I have very little to base this hunch off of, I do believe that the Nekomata will be the next bijuu we'll encounter in the manga. Therefore, any newly introduced character could potentially be connected. It would be awesome if Yamato was involved. He is teh smex. :pleased

19. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Yeah he is "teh smex"! :tem

20. Yasha Procreate

Who is yanga ong anyway?:amuse :yelling you did it on purpose!!

If you are talking about the genius yasha, he has never made a thread like that before. The genius Orochi wants in the legend was Yagami, not Yamato.:p But I do have some theories that don't agree with "Nekomata in Yamato theory". Gaara from the Wind Country had Shukaku(God of Wind) while Naruto from the Fire Country has Kyuubi(God of Fire). Nekomata is not one of the five gods of element, so its Jinchuuriki should come from one of the four smaller shinobi countries.(Yes, 1 country, 1 Jinchuuriki!) I also can predict which country will the Jinchuuriki of Nekomata come from. First look at the correct Akatsuki-Bijuu match(For further detail, look at my sig:D):

Sasori--Shukaku(God of Wind)
    Kisame--Isonade(God of Water)
    Deidara--Kaku(God of Earth)
    Zetsu--Nekomata
    Orochimaru--Hachimata

Although Itachi came from the Fire Country, he doesn't resemble the God of Fire(Kyuubi) at all. So he is the special one.

Now, Zetsu from the Grass Country resembles Nekomata, so the Jinchuuriki of Nekomata should also be a Grass nin. Kishi paid a lot of efforts to form these patterns. I don't think he will spoiler them by making Yamato the Jinchuuriki of Nekomata, unless of course he is actually from the Grass. I leave the rest to your imagination.:amuse

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  21. Rui Guest

Maybe he is Akatsuki's target in Konoha.

22. Al?l? Sweet dreams

I don't consider the bijuus to be necessarily inside Deidara or Kisame or Itachi. Kishimoto simply uses the bijuu legend as the character's concept.

Every jinchuuriki won't be shown. That's too much. It is possible for Kishi to have used the Nekomata for Yamato's concept. As for Yamato being Tobi, I don't know... I would like to see more of his character first before going to that.

But yea, Chiru, good job.

23. Uchiha_no_Chikara 忍びだ

those are some really good points....::sigh:: now you got me all thinking about it lol

24. Shoji Jason New Member

I just have one thing to say to you, Chiru...

Itachi resembles the five-tail demon FAR more than the six-tail. I mean, a master of illusion? Said to be third strongest?

Besides that, I suppose you're right in most of the rest. However, I must also point out that all that you mentioned can PROBABLY be applied to Zetsu as well...

Watch out Yamato, you're about to get OWND, Akatsuki style!

25. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Shoji-san! I guess it can be applied to Zetsu as well, but wouldn't this be so much more of a twist?

26. hiko Well-Known Member

The nekomata is said to be able to control the dead, which is something we've seen Kabuto do. There are quite a few nins in Naruto whose abilities resemble those of the biju, but I can't see Konoha having more than one Jinchuuriki meself.

27. Shinigami1980 Sage

since yamato is connected to shodai...who created konoha....we can easily assume that shodai came from the grass country.....so its a possibility that yamato is probably his grandson or from the same clan as shodaime...which can connect yamato being the second biju in konoha whose roots are in grass country.....ppl migrated with shodaime..so the nekomata was carried into konoha through different vessels...and now the final vessel could very well be YAMATO!.....

28. earthshine Banned

does anyone else see a resemblance between yamato and zetsu in the face and hair area? what id he is zetsu, think about it.
    nekomata=forest of death, and what plant brings your mind to a forest of death than a giant flytrap? both seem to have two sides, it would explain the root jutsu he used, and bieng in anbu would explain how he knows so much about konoha's nins, as he is right next to them half the time

anyways, I am most likely wrong, but I was bored so I just though I would share

29. chrono9665 New Member

Umm ... correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Diedara capture Gaara and Shukaku as his Bijuu. That kind of throws this pattern right down the drain doesn't it?:huh :huh :huh

30. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

I like it.

Explains a lot. The whole cat thing, him looking like tobi, and all. Good theory. But I hope it also means we'll meet the real Jinchuraki of Nekomata and she damn well better be a chick! :mad

Not necessarily its going in rather haphazard order as to who takes which. But it actually could be a paper rock scisors thing, Earth > Wind, DeiDei takes on Gaara, Poison > Fire (in legend not sposed to be but w/e lets go w/ it), Sasori sposed to take on Naruto