1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

"Yamato" - Shizune's Brother?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Wrath, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Wrath Mourning

Reading 284, it occurred to me that "Yamato" and Shizune are quite similar looking. They have essentially the same eyes: large, solid black eyes with a thick black line around the edges. The shape is similar as well, though Yamato doesn't have the female corner turn. They both also have semi-spikey black hair.

But that's not really the point, that was just what turned me on to the possibility.

It's been suggested that Yamato is a descendant of the Second Hokage, making him Tsunade's something-or-other cousin. And that would explain why Tsunade picked him as her spy in Team Seven. That's a good, plausible explanation. But that explanation could carry over also to anyone linked to Tsunade. Shizune is, as well as being Tsunade's former apprentice and assistant, the niece of her deceased lover Dan. If Yamato is Shizune's brother, Dan would be his uncle as well.

If this is the case, it could explain why Tsunade trusts him. It would also account for his suitability in replacing Kakashi - Shizune is very strong, and we know blood is an important factor in determining the strength of a character in Naruto.

It probably isn't the case, but it's still possible.

Tags:
  2. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Uh... it's possible, but... I can't really agree with that theory. Yamato doesn't resemble Shizune, in my view, so I can't make the stretch that they're related at all. It's possible, of course, but I think he was picked because of his strength, skill, and knowledge... as well as being trustworthy. Hmm, I can see your line of reasoning though.

3. zounds-_ The real nine tails.

Well since ANBU is under direct command of the hokage it's pretty critical and she has no other choice than to trust her most close subordinates.

About the looks, well I frankly don't think so they don't resemble eachother that much, I mean just because they got black eyes and black hair doesn't mean they are relatives. Nice thought though.

4. Thee_Unkown is what you fear

if i am remebering correctly yamoto and the 2nd (or 1st i forget wich) had the same hat thingy too. so maybe ur right....

EDIT: ooh i right ur title wrong i thought it said yamato: the 2nd's brother....
    so ignore and i doubt he shizunes bro

5. shibigoku Master of the fist

looking at this thread makes me wanna smack somebody! this thread is made of two farfetched theories: yamato related to the 2nd and Tsunade cuz he wears the same head protector and yamato being related to shizune cuz he has black hair (which we don't know since the manga is black and white!!!) and has wide eyes.

6. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well looks aren't really that reliable right now since we're tealing with manga, and sometimes the characters tend to bear a resemblance with others due to lack of color. Right now Yamato may look like a number of people. Uchihas, Shizune, Sai, or even that bandadged dude (I forget his name atm. It begins with a "D"). It's best to wait a little longer. Maybe one of the covers will have a colored version of him to better clarify his appearence.

7. kite Scrumtrilescent

Making all these theories of people being reletives of other people is getting a little out of hand. We can't really tell these people's true features untill we see them officially colored, for all we know Yamato has dark blue hair, plus its not really necissary for him to be related to anyone, if he was I'm sure Kishi would let us know. The only example of relations kept a secret is Naruto and his possible relation to the 4th, all other relations have been revealed to us up front.

8. ab56v2 Member

Here's my theory: common sense doesn't exist. People are prone to making dumbass conclusions from little to no evidence.

9. bluewolf mostly lurking

but could it be possible that they look similar because they are drawn by THE SAME GUY??

I mean.. i know its far fetched and all but I mean... if looking the same means anything then that means naruto is related to garaa? I mean... right before the time skip there was a panel or two showing Temari doing a big grin that looked JUST LIKE NARUTO's big grin. so like.. they could be cousins, and since temari is garaas sister that means naruto is garaas son. ... i could be wrong but lets disguss it anyway because we have nothing else to talk about except one random and far fetched theory after another.

10. Leen Peacemaker

Everyone in the manga looks a bit like everyone else. Stop with all those crazy theories like Yamato is the same clan as the Second or he is a brother of Shizune or Sai is Sasuke, Sai is the third MS user, Sai is Uchiha etc based on appearence only. Even Sakura looks a bit like Naruto during the second bell test. It's just a drawing. Kishi is not GOD. I dont believe it. :amuse

11. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

Hmmmm nah,Sai looks alot more like Shiz then Yama,point is lot's of people look like eachother.

12. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Hey, at least no threads so far like this: "Is Yamato the last living Uchiha?"
    Im grateful for that.