1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yondaime's Paradox

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Yasha, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

I know many of you think that Yondaime is Naruto's dad and also many of you think that Yondaime is dead and will never appear again. But to me these two statements are somewhat contradictory. If Yondaime doesn't appear, how is Kishi going to reveal to us the relationship between the two? Maybe someone else will tell Naruto the truth? Then it will go something like this:

Mr. X: Hey, don't you know that Yondaime is your dad?
    Naruto: Wtf

Or maybe Naruto will find out by himself?

One day Naruto is cleaning his room(this is highly unlikely in the first place). Suddenly an old book drops to the ground. Naruto picks it up and sees a golden line on the cover:Uzumaki Arashi's Diary. Out of curiosity, Naruto opens the book and starts to read...This is the happiest day in my life since I became the 4th Hokage. My wife just gave birth to our first child. I will call him Uzumaki Naruto.

Whichever case it is, it will be very stupid.

That's why IMO Yondaime will never appear again is even more far-fetched than Yondaime is AL. I think Yondaime must somehow reappear and tell Naruto: Naruto, I am your father...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
    Tags:
  2. ShounenSuki

I don't think it'll be strange at all if, for instance, Jiraiya told him, or Kakashi.

There's also the possibility he already knows. That Jiraiya told him during the timeskip ^^ or that he's always known. Although I doubt the last possibility.

3. lwong81

He spent over 3 years with Jiraiya, and about a year w/ Kakashi and grew up with Iruka. Any of those 3 would be good choices to tell him.

4. krskrft

But we don't need to worry about any of this, because Yondaime isn't his father. :smile-big

5. Gunners

^^^^ All good points. The possibilitiy that he knows isnt a miss he probably doesnt care seeming as he been on his own.

To be honest a sourse of infomation people are forgeting is the kyuubi he seems to know quite a bit from what ive seen of him.

6. stard00

how do you know yondaime;s name is Uzumaki Arashi?

7. Elysium

Of course, because Naruto's true parents are Anko and Orochimaru. :laugh

8. ira7

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, how did you know that his father's name was Uzumaki Arashi? Was it mentioned in the manga? If so, could you please tell us what chapter?
    ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  9. ShounenSuki

We don't know what the name of Naruto's father is. Just like we don't know the Yondaime's name.

Uzumaki Arashi is nothing more then a rather popular name for the Yondaime/Naruto's father, made up by fans.

10. Ninja Mittens

I'm not sure how he'll find out, but he will... someday.

11. BattousaiMS

Jiraiya probably already told him, but Naruto probably doesn't feel like bragging about it anymore. If we noticed something in part 2, is that he has lost his sense of braging about how great he or his new jutsu are. So he probably keeping the secret within himself, till feels secure about his own abilties on confident on himself to tell someone about this hidden secret of his past.

12. Chamcham Trigger

If they are related, then either they would do some cheezy plot twist where yondaime comes back, or they do it the better way and they find out through some other means (i.e. Jiraiya or someone else telling Naruto)

13. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

Oh, someone said he saw this name on the summoning contract with Gamabunta. But I don't know whether this is true or not. You can find a discussion on this in Naruto Forum.:oh

14. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico

15. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

This is usually how a good character becomes evil---keeping too many secrets to himself. Are you hinting a "Naruto will become evil" theory?:sad

I see many of you say that Naruto may have already known the truth but this doesn't answer my question. My question is not how it is going to be revealed to Naruto, but to us, the readers.

16. Gerb

17. Kahlua2606

No, he is Naruto's dad. Because, up to this point Kishi has done a great job of not making the series turn into an even crappier DBZ, but he can't help himself, so he'll reveal this stunning revelation 300 chapters in, cause that would be a great time for a completely random and crazy plot twist. Then we'll learn that Konohamaru is the Akatsuki leader. Then I'll kill myself. In that order.

18. maxhrk

whatever you like it or not, Boner. Deny all you likes if you want to anyway. :)

19. missq

I don't think he's his father either. Uncle maybe, but why keep it from him for years, there's no reason 4 it.

As for revolations, maybe oro will pull another dead hokage summon

20. Rokudaime

why does everyone forgot about Edo Tensei?

who know that Orochimaru might summoning the 4th to fight Naruto and the 4th Zombie might surpised to see his own legacy that had been grown up into a great person and etc..

21. Sess

That would be a good way to do it. People hype this kind of thing so much that if it actually happened it would be lame. So Kishi making it a less important thing rather than some huge revelation would be cool.

22. FanB0y

I dont think Edo Tensei will work on Yondaime because his soul is trapped inside the belly of the Death God, right?

I think either Jiraiya or some new character will tell Naruto the truth, although I'm not quite sure what that truth is. :laugh

23. deathblaze

the 4th being naruto's dad would make another "DBZ" thing about the anime/manga...
    you know... brolli being related to goku and all that...

24. FitzChivalry

Uhm, yes he--ok, this doesn't go well with this line. But no, not exactly.
    Uhm, yes he is.

25. crono220

For right now, it's all speculation about the 4th and his relation to naruto. And if their is going to be anything revealed about naruto's origin's, it probley will be in atleast another 100 chapters IMO. I doubt it will be revealed anytime soon.

26. sezo

we dont know anything and wie can discuss till .....
    a lot of people said that kakashi will never get the MS ...hmmm and now????
    all we can do ist to wait

27. blue fox

Personally I think Naruto could be the son of ONLY two people. Jiraiya or Yondaime.

I think it may be Jiraiya with all his womanizing. He had a illegitamate child born to him at the moment the Kyuubi onslaught started. Yondaime, realizing this was his opportunity to seal the Kyuubi and one day create Konoha's strongest fighter ever, asked his own master the unthinkable- to take his illegit child and seal a demon within him.

It would explain why Jiraiya seems so attached to Naruto. Also it would fit well, as it would explain why he is the only one to know it (Yondaime and Sarutobi are dead), and is reluctant to tell Naruto the truth.

The only other viable solution in my head is it is Yondaime's child. But if he was Yondaime's legitamate child, Naruto would never have been shunned as bad as he was by the village. It might be Yondaime's illegit child...as he is the middle string of the perverts of Konoha...who knows.

28. TimCat

I think Jiraiya is grandpa, the 4th is his daddy, and Shizune is his mom :p lol.

But seriously, Naruto's past WILL be revealed some day. And who knows, maybe the Akatsuki leader is an Uzumaki like everyone is thinking. Maybe not the 4th, but maybe his brother or something. "Naruto...I am your uncle..." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

*shrug*

29. deathblaze

well alot of people are saying that yondaime is naruto's father so are you implying that it is not true?
    like you say we will never know...
    i hope this father thing will end with kishimoto shouting to everyone
    Spoiler:
    "HAHA JACKASSES WHAT A STUPID THING!!! HAVING YONDAIME AS NARUTO'S FATHER IS JUST PLAIN DUMB!!!"

don't mind that... just something for fun...

30. CJ32X

at one point during naruto's training doesnt jiraya say some snipet about how they are similar? something like "he does look a lot like him" or "the similairities between them are..." idk i thought i did, anyway i definitely dont know if its true but no one can say that they both arent similar in certain physical and personality traits. anyway if you think about it, there the fox was attacking the village right, destroying what he could, he even killed iruka's parents, how did the fox do this, where his parents ninjas also or civilians? if he attacked the town of konoha and killed people, maybe it took the life of naruto's mother, maybe even she died at childbirth. but i believe he is the father and the mother maybe died. why pick naruto? who did the sacrifice of they child? where are they? dead? i think for yonde to pick his son was the only way. ... oh well