1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

You don't have to like Gohan but...

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by TylerHawke, Dec 1, 2018.

1. TylerHawke Active Member

Though it doesn't personally bother me when people meme Gohan. I mean I'm a Gohan fanboy and even I laugh at the shit that's sometimes posted. However the reason / hate for his character is unjustified / bias as all hell. I'm not saying you have to like him, not at all, but your reasonings for not liking him shouldn't only be targeted at him.

Namek Saga - Goku could’ve defeated Frieza when he turned into a Super Saiyan but the fight dragged on & Frieza ultimately tried to blow up the planet because he didn’t think he could beat Goku. Then Goku lets Frieza power up to 100% becuase Goku said he wants to beat him at his best. ( I kinda count this but this is when I became aware of the trend that’ll soon follow. ) If not for Future Trunks coming when he did everyone would've died before Goku got there.

Also he let Vegeta get away before krillin could kill him. Goku's reasoning: "he might give me another good fight someday" never mind Vegeta and Nappa killing his friends

Cell Games - Vegeta could’ve easily killed Cell ( before he absorbed 18 ), but he wanted a challenge. So what does Vegeta do? He lets Cell absorb 18 ( after Tien nearly dies trying to prevent that ), becomes perfect & then Vegeta gets his ass beat. So Cell could’ve been dealt with then & there but nope.

- Gohan goes SSJ2 for the first time, could’ve beaten Cell but didn’t which lead to Goku dying. Later Cell comes back & Gohan defeats him yeah.

( & yes Gohan "technically won because of Vegeta's help, but let's not forget Vegeta is also the reason Gohan lost an arm & half his power )

Buu Saga - Goku goes SSJ3 & fights Fat Majin Buu, but stops because he said there’s another powerful fighter. Even towards the end of the Buu Saga on the planet of the Kai’s Goku said he could’ve destroyed the Fat Majin Buu when he was SSJ3 but he wanted Gohan, Goten & Trunks to have their chance at saving the world…. Meanwhile Goku literally wastes Ssj3 & reduced the time he could've spent on earth & leaves

Buu eventually becomes Super Buu & kills more innocent people. So they all died because of Goku technically. ( Chichi, Bulma, 18, Krillin, Marron, Videl, Popo etc... )

- Gotenks is another example, they could’ve beaten Super Buu ( at least they said so ). The way I saw the fight it was more or less equal so who knows. Point is they were fucking around & Piccolo kept reminding them that their fusion is on a timer. They didn’t listen, & right when it seems like they were going to actually beat Buu ( poof ) fusion is over. Then people want to make excuses for them saying “well they’re just kids messing around. They’re only 7 & 8 so cut them some slack. I’m like okay? We also saw Gotenks reaction to when Buu ate all of them & how pissed he got, not to mention Gohan was 11 when he fought Cell. Not that much older than Goten & Trunks.

- Gohan also could’ve beaten Super Buu but he was also playing around. Gotenks gets tricked and absorbed which gave Gohan a hard time. Goku shows up but the fusion wears off so now Buu is mostly Piccolo. At this point Gohan was ready to fuse but Goku said no, Goku was also cocky because Buu had gotten weaker. Gohan dropped his guard and gets absorbed. [ side note: just because the anime made it a point for Gohan's character: let's not act like people dropping their guard is a Gohan exclusive. If I remember Piccolo also dropped his guard & got absorbed so what about that ]

- Vegito now Vegito could’ve killed Buu ( after he absorbs Gohan ) & just wished everyone back to life. Now Vegito wasn’t playing around per say since his goal was to rescue everyone. However that shit became pointless because once they free everyone Buu turns back into Kid Buu, they leave Gohan, Piccolo, Goten & Trunks ( who they just saved after getting absorbed on purpose ) to basically die when Buu blew up the planet.

- Goku & Vegeta they could’ve borrowed the potara earrings before their final fight but decided to play rock, paper, scissors to see who would go first. They switch in & out but that shit didn’t work. Goku & Vegeta would’ve lost if Dende & the Kais didn’t use the dragonballs on Namek to restore the Earth & wish everyone back. Once that happened Goku was able to use the spirit bomb but even then it wasn’t enough because they had to wish Goku’s energy back to normal & that’s how he beat Buu. Otherwise Kid Buu is beating both Ssj3 Goku and Vegeta. Let's forget that they let their children die but play rock paper scissors to see who gets to fight first.

So if you dislike Gohan for that reason then you need to call out Goku, Vegeta & Gotenks as well on their shit. Or are Goku and Vegeta forgiven since they constantly train?

Also yes I know Gohan doesn't train but you need to know when to blame the character and blame shitty writing. Gohan power wise was still strong at the end of Z. ( although it's not canon they were consistent with his power in the movie with Tapion ). Even in battle of God's he was still good power wise. However at the end of BoG Videl announces she's pregnant. So come RoF which is roughly a year, maybe a little longer, not only do they draw Gohan super fucking skinny but they also have it to where he isn't even sure if he can go super saiyan? Like seriously? That's a hard reset on his character power wise and people just accept that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • MAXIMUM MAXIMUM x 2
    • List
  2. The Saiyan Prince Vegeta Well-Known Member

Who the hell gives Gohan shit for that? Gohan became a target because he went from being a certified badass in the cell saga to a joke in later sagas. The way it came about became meme worthy, which is another reason why people love giving him shit. Take his complete disappearance from the Broly movie for example.

Not that I'm one of these people as I don't really shit on the character. :kanyeshrug

3. Fusion Well Known-Member

Yeah I'm fine with Gohan becoming a nerd. He's not Gokū nor should he be

As for what OP posted I rarely see people picking on Gohan doing that lol

4. TylerHawke Active Member

man you wouldn't believe the people I ran into that genuinely don't like him for that specific reason

5. Fang Titan

Gohan isn't a nerd though. He admits in Super just watching Goku and Bergamo's fight that even he can't repress the Saiyan blood and how it boils him up to see a good fight. :naruramen

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Artist Active Member

The Memes should be about Yamcha, not Gohan.

7. ChadtheGoat Well-Known Member

Vegeta Fanboys Hate Chadhan because Chad>>>>Vegeta in Z.

But,Vegeta Character respect Gohan is ironic.

Chad Forever.

Gohan>>>All easy.

8. cobe42 I'm ok with being wierd.

These so called gohan fans are unable to let go of there child hood hero ( cell games gohan ) so i wouldn't take them seriously.

• Ningen Ningen x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Spider-Man ---

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. OLK Well-Known Member

No, Goku would've teleported there and killed Freeza. The only reason he didn't is because he felt Trunks ki.

11. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

"CHADhan" is just Gohan as a blood-thirsty sadist, compared to regular depictions more closely resembling the actual character.

If they're a nobody for disagreeing about a meme, what does that say about those who only like a character when they act out-of-character?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. cobe42 I'm ok with being wierd.

You are right i hope you have a great day my friend.

13. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

All that was erased when Gohan returned stronger than he was before pre-ToP. I just hope they delve more into him wanting to reach greater heights in power without the use of SSJ even if it’s off-panel and explained later during this upcoming arc...

14. Artist Active Member

And people said Gohan's not his true rival.

15. OLK Well-Known Member

I love that theme that's playing in the Majin Vegeta vid

16. Suigetsu Legendary

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

17. Millón Vasto Toyble has forsaken us!

Is right

Gohan does kinda like fighting.

We just need some competent writer balance his saiyan and human side.

Make him half chad han-half tracksuit bitchhan.

Have him combine his somewhat surpressed love for fighting with the godamn ki studies in dragonball online.

He will have a justified excuse for fighting and balance his life.

Have him become a pioneer of revolutionising the universe planet level through progresses made in ki.

Maby god ki in many years can become a commodity for more then just fighting.

Aka when the fighters are old and shit dragonball is revolutionised.

18. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

Post like this is the cause of 15.8793% of all Gohan hate.

19. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

20. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

I always liked Gohan even though he wasnt as badass as his Cell Saga level, even if he never fights again. the ToP arc gave him good moments

21. Kishido Well-Known Member

Good thing is... That they ways can use his immense potential and rage stuff to bring him back, sell some stuff and after it put him back into the second row

22. XImpossibruX I'm working.

Gohan was always my favorite character in DBZ. I loved how he was distinct from his father and fought to protect, rather than for enjoyment. Teen Gohan vs Cell was pinnacle DBZ and will always be my favorite moment in the manga.

The reason I heavily dislike Gohan in Super however is he keeps repeating the same mistake.

He never keeps in shape for when the next threat comes. He constantly lets himself get weaker so when the next threat comes, he's weaker them before. He says he wants to protect the people he loves, but doesn't put the effort in.

He wants to protect his family, but constantly doesn't keep his body in shape and then relies on Dad to bail him out. He first pulled this in the Buu saga (which was fine because he was a kid growing up), but then again in RoF, then couldn't contribute in the Black arc or U6 arc.

Luckily he wisens up for the ToP.

But if he pulls that "I should have kept up my training" I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to Toriyama.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  23. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Same all I want is balance from gohan that’s all

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  24. Spider-Man ---

If Gohan pulls another "I should have kept up my training" moment again imma find tax man and personally take care of him before the feds does

25. Luiz Well-Known Member

I'd bet my left nut that Gohan already stopped training after the ToP ended.

26. OLK Well-Known Member

Gohan will be out of shape and realize he needs to be able to protect his family again
    Vegeta will refuse to work with Goku until he brings up Bulma again
    Beerus will still be one step ahead of whatever new villain shows up
    We're stuck on this never ending loop

27. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

28. Gordo solos David "Gordo" Gordon

Good, now that Gohan is out of the picture focusing on work, GOATen will take the stage :torilol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  29. goombanthime well-known member

Canada
    I don't understand the people who are mad that Gohan stopped training, even after 7 years of getting rusty he would still shit on 100% name saga Freaza who even at 50% was still massively stronger than his third form who was still much stronger than his second form, which was still stronger than his first form which was still massively stronger than the gyngnu force, who were considered invincible to most the universe

30. Gabe Murim Grand Master

He is a joke he is suppose to be an awesome powerful half breed not future trunks. But he is just a laughing stock that does not even have a role in a movie about sayians.