1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

'Young age talent' blown to much out of proportion?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Fulla, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Fulla

Now obviously you have to take into consideration.

- This is just a cartoon
    - Humans have special powers and chakra to boost them.

However when its mentioned.

Itatchi a ANBU squad leader at 14....?

I just think oh come on 14?
    Yes he may have been truly gifted and a natural fighter, but surely way to inexpierenced to lead a squad.

He made Chunin at was it 8 or 10?
    Now Im hearing ppl say that Kakashi made chunin at 6?
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

That would mean
    - Graduation from the academy
    - Going through the chunin exam.

Can you imagine a under 10 year old fighting in the what was it called?
    'Forest of death'?

Anyways whats your thoughts?
    Although it simply a cartoon set in a different world, do you find the 'genius' kids blwon to much out of proportion?

Tags:
  2. Samahade

There was probably different circumstances going on at the time; there could have been a war, there could have been a speeding up of the process, or the standards may have been more lax (doubtful though, given the status of D-rank missions for genin). Besides, it seems the chuunin exam is different every time, so maybe Itachi got an easy pick.

As to your complaint about the children having too much natural talent, I don't think it's particularly far-fetched at all; in the 'real' world, we have kids who are in college when most kids their age are just finishing junior high school. We even have complete mentally handicapped people playing perfect Mozart on the piano. No, the natural talent thing doesn't bother me at all, esp. since it's, as you said, a cartoon.

3. Kenny Florian

Yeah, I'm getting tired of seing but Neji is a genius so he kicks +10 ass. Yeah he is genius but he still can be beaten.

4. DeGlace

Heh, I've noticed the same. I wish we knew when the Sannin got their chuunin rank. They all graduated from the academy at age six. SIX! Holy crap!

... I just checked and Kakashi graduated at age 5.

Hmm. It looks like the term "genius" kinda lost its meaning as the younger generations came in. I mean, Obito (same gen as Kakashi) graduated at 9 and was never considered genius, but Neji's a genius & his academy grad age is 12. Same with Sasuke.

The 10-12 age is x99 more realistic but yeah, it's a cartoon. So it's best not to wrack our brains about it.

5. kulgan18

In wikipedia says kakashi graduated at age 5 and became chunin at 6 and itachi became chunin at 10

I really think kishi went too far with kakashi, a chunin at 6??? wth he is crazy. He really expect us to believe that?.

Graduation from the academy seems "acceptable" at a young age, is not too much of a dangerous task but a difficult one, but passin all the chuunin tasks at age 6 is...out there.

Well the thing is that becoming a chunin is not like graduation from the academy, graduation from the academy is a piece of cake in comparison,(i mean really naruto did like crap in the final exam and still passed)
    The chunin exam is in completly different league. Chunins are like captains or lieutenants in the army. Is kishi expecting to believe us that a 6 year old is leading a squad to war?. thats pushing it.

6. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    Sakumo had high expectations...he basically yanked lil kaka from Mrs. Fang's crotch and put a Kunai in his hand. "go be someone."

7. Kenny Florian

8. Fulla

Well the question then is, how do your graduate from the academy.

I really cant see a 5 year old, being compentent enough.
    Especially consdering this is a 'warrior' academy.

There have been wonder kids in the real world who have passed e.g. maths exams 10 years younger than they should be.

But can you imagine when being assigned into a groups of chunnins having a 5 year old with you.
    hehe

9. Sasori

Kakashi and Itachi in the Narutoverse have always been described as genius ninjas. They both grew up in tougher times than what we see from Naruto's class. Kakashi grew up in the great ninja war period. Itachi grew up in a time when Kyuubi still roamed freely across Fire Country.

In those threat latent enviroments, many factors make promotions in rank more frequent.

1) Higher turn-over(death) rate in the chain of command.

2) War time Military expansion. Rising number of recruits = Rising numbers of Officers needed to lead Recruits.

3) Some countries may institute a draft during times of war.

Naruto and his classmates grew up in a peacetime environment and the military was not in an expansion stage. If Neji and Sasuke grew up in a wartime period I would see them graduating the Academy and getting promoted at a young age the same way as Itachi and Kakashi did.

Pehaps the most important fact is.

1) Kakashi and Itachi are truely two extrordinary ninjas.

If you are making this an argument over how this does not relate to make sense in the realworld....

The Nartoverse is based on a 10-14 year old's demographic.

The realworld is not.

11. kaizuki

the kakashi thing isn't too crazy if you think about it. maybe konoha was in a war and they needed as many ninjas as possible.

12. Shishi-O

well he did awaken his sharingan at around that age. i mean you do know it's powers right.

taking that into account and his natural genius, i'd say that what people are saying is just about right. no?:)