1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Harry Potter character…

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Polaris, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

I'd also like to know who your favorite HP teacher and favorite HP antagonist is.

Tags:
  2. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

3. Dark Wanderer Well-Known Member

I always liked Lupin. He was a good teacher, and thanks to him Harry learned to do the Patronus, and in turn taught other students later on. Werewolves are cool too.

I suppose Snape could be considered an antagonist? If so, he would definitely be my favorite.

4. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

Snape is also my favorite character. Such a well-written, complex and tragic character. I never thought my opinion about a character could change so drastically after Snape grew to become one of my favorite fictional characters of all time.

5. Avalon The Dark Lord

Favourite character is Tom Riddle, dude was the most interesting character in the series by far. Second favourite would be Umbridge.

Favourite professor had to be Professor Moody, yes he was a death eater but he was still the most competent DADA teacher they ever had.

6. Djomla Jedi Master

Favorite characters.

Snape is numero uno. Then rest.

Lupin, Moody, Hagrid, Voldemort, Sirius, Ron's bros, Ron and their dad. Forgot the name. Does Newt count? He is cool, too.

Favorite teach is Snape.

Favorite antagonist. Well Snape, if he counts. If not, Voldemort.

7. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

My favorite HP professor is also Moody. I liked his no-nonsense approach to life and constant vigilance.

My second favorite professor is Gilderoy Lockhart.
    It sure as hell isn’t because I considered him a good teacher or a good person. His inflated ego just brought a lot of comic relief to the second HP novel.

8. WorldsStrongest Umu

How u be sleepin on my boy Lupin like dat

Not even top 3

9. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

My favorite antagonist is Draco Malfoy. Even though he was a mean-spirited coward, I admired his quick wit and creativity. Furthermore, I think he’s a well-written character. He went through a great deal of character development and seemed pretty realistic, from a psychological point of view.

10. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

Favorite character is Draco malfoy. His development over the books and series was a pretty well written one and his personality is of those I like. A dick in its truest form, one of the smartest in the books among the Students, the very end when he and harry look at one another.

I get a feeling that he not only learned from mistakes and changed but he then and still held a small grudge for potter.

11. Superman Well-Known Member

My favorite is Harry himself. I feel like she nailed adolescent perfectly with him. I could see myself making his mistakes in those critical moments. Plus he had some pretty funny and cool moments. Great character.

Favorite teacher has to be Snape. I mean....come on.

Antagonist? Hhhhhhmmmmm. Voldermort. Had he not been so consumed with the prophecy he could have ruled easily. You could tell why his genius was up there with Dumbledore and Grindewald.

12. Nep Nep Bedpost-Kun

Lesseeee... Fave character is Sirius Black, calm, kind, brave, strong. Just a great guy all around.

Fave teacher is Snape. He has his flaws but he's clever as all hell and he makes up for everything at the end.

Fave antagonist... It's really difficult to top Voldemort here... I suppose if we have to get into it his Tom Riddle form in the second book is a particular favorite of mine.

13. Ishmael I'd rather you hadn't seen that.

I liked voldy but must admit I loved him as regular tom riddle as well, did anyone see the fan made movie they had of him?

14. Kuzehiko

I like them all but if i'd have to go with one it'd also be Snape. I recall I didn't like him prior to Half-Blood Prince but Half-Blood Prince was a fucking plot-twist and all of sudden I began to like him more and more. He's my favorite character so far. I also like Luna Lovegood, Draco Malfoy and of course, Hermione.

My favorite teacher is a tie between Lupin and Moody.
    My favorite antagonist is Lucius Malfoy.

15. Avalon The Dark Lord

16. Kiseki Release The Kraken

I think my teen self watched the series for the Ron x Hermione ship and Hermione's cat, because... floofy. I also highkey shipped Hermione with Draco, but I learned fast that this wouldn't ever be a thing lol. But yeah, I like Draco too in the last 2 books. He finally got more depth and he isn't as bland anymore as they made him out to be in the beginning.

The rest of the cast actually didn't interest me as much as I simply couldn't relate? Ginny was the worst character to me as she was too bland and she 'suddenly' liked Harry out of the blue. It literally came out of nowhere. Not my type of plot twist. The teachers sucked so hard if you ask me. Even Hagdrid was a better teacher.

17. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

but the real patrician ship is
    Spoiler:
    tomarry

18. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

19. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

I also dislike Ginny, but mainly because I thought that her character development was unrealistic. J.K tried so hard to make people like Ginny when Harry developed a crush on her, by turning her into a, "Mary-Sue" and it totally backfired. She basically went from being a nobody to being admired by almost everyone. A fictional character with no flaws easily becomes boring and is hard to relate to. I'm not saying that she's flawless from an objective point of view, but she's depicted that way. Nothing negative is ever stated about Ginny. For example, she uses a hex on a student in front of a teacher, and gets praised for it instead of punished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Avalon The Dark Lord

1) Tom Riddle

2) Bellatrix

3) Umbridge

Top 2 Worst Characters

1) Percy

2) Fudge

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  21. DeVision dreamer

Croatia
  22. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

23. Superman Well-Known Member

Riddle and who?

From where?:lmao

24. BaneBustingEllesHatchery Spawn More Overlords

Ron and Harry would've been nothing without her on the team, yes she had some moments of frailty and parts i didn't think were necessary, but as a whole, was integral throughout most of the books.

Fav Professor: Severus Snape
    Like others have said, i did start off with a distate for him given the belief he was on the wrong side, but learning the depth of his character and all he sacrificed, i was quickly converted as my views changed dramatically.

Fav Antagonist: Bellatrix Lestrange
    In the wizarding world it just felt right having a completely crazy, lack of remorse for human life type character and she delivered that in torrents.

25. Crying Wolf QueenOfProcrastination

Severus Snape for Teacher (He was a badass and the way Rowling ended him still upsets me), and Bellatrix Lestrange. It's been so long since I've read the books.