1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think your debating skills are the best around? Want to prove that your know what your talking about? Then come and join us for a Tournament and show your peers how to really debate.
    OBD Tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

your least favorite genre! >:D

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by DyersEve, Apr 7, 2005.

1. DyersEve

do you have a genre that you hate? rant it all out here!

......just no flaming. flaming baaaaad..

as for me, i'm going with emo. IMO emo sucks big, giant, floppy, donkey penis. far too whiney for my tastes. "waah my girlfriend kicked me in the balls waah.."
    to be depressed about your signigficant other dumping you is understandable... but really, there's no reason to make an entire album out of it is there? there was one song by a little band called bright eyes that i heard recently. it was called "lover i don't have to love" or something along those lines. here's the lyrics..

I picked you out
    Of a crowd and talked to you
    Said I liked your shoes
    You said thanks can I follow you?
    So it's up the stairs
    And out of view
    No prying eyes
    I poured some wine
    I asked your name you asked the time
    Now it's two o'clock,
    the club is closed we're up the block
    Your hands on me
    Pressing hard against your jeans
    Your tongue in my mouth
    Trying to keep the words from coming out
    You didn't care to know
    Who else may have been you before
    I want a lover I don't have to love
    I want a girl who's too sad to give a fuck
    Where's the kid with the chemicals?
    I thought he said to meet me here but I'm not sure
    I got the money if you got the time
    You said it feels good I said I'll give it a try
    Then my mind went dark
    We both forgot where your car was parked
    Let's just take the train
    I'll meet up with the band in the morning
    Bad actors with bad habits
    Some sad singers
    They just play tragic
    And the phone's ringing
    And the van's leaving
    Let's just keep touching
    Let's just keep keep singing
    I want a lover I don't have to love
    I want a boy who's so drunk he doesn't talk
    Where's the kid with the chemicals
    I got a hunger and I can't seem to get full
    I need some meaning I can memorize
    The kind I have always seems to slip my mind
    But you but you
    You write such pretty words
    But life's no story book
    Love is an excuse to get hurt
    And to hurt
    "Do you like to hurt?"
    "I do! I do!"
    "Then hurt me."

you know what i got from that? "i just drilled a random chick, pity me please." this is the kind of emo that pisses me off the most.

don't get me wrong, i like ballads. just not these kind of ballads...

alright... i'm done...... for now.

Tags:
  2. Catatonik

I have yet to find any R&B I like, but that doesn't mean I dislike/hate the genre...just that to date it has had no appeal to me :)

3. darkturkey

I find Country horrible, even if they try to through in some rock elements, I just can't stand the vocals. In fact I'd compare country vocal to chalk on the blackboard, they are both very screechy.

4. hokageryu

5. Catatonik

6. Kami-Sama

i just hate.....ummmmmm.....

1. Bachata....DAMN YOU!!!!
    2. Reguetton..... DAMN YOU TWICE!!!!!

i can stand everything else, if it was made with talent :thumbs

7. killkenada

hmmm, R&B, most emo, and bubblegum pop
    ok...
    R&B, i have nothing against it, it just doesnt appeal to me, although i think the artists are very talented at what they do

emo, some, i really like. the rest, garbage. All fans of emo music assume they must dress a certain way and think a certain way. i think saying that all of them cut their wrists is slightly exaggerated and stereotypical. but i do believe they think they have to live out a certain lifestyle. its as if they have to prove something :s

bubblegum pop, really corny pop music...what else needs to be said?

8. mow

Hmmm least favourite genre. I dont think I have one. Instead, I have genres that I havent fully delved myself into (or havent been properly introduced to). Country and Metal come to mind (but metal will chnage, thanks to Cata and his Metal thread :p)

9. Catatonik

Why thank you More, I am trying :)

As to Country, maybe after I work my way through the Metal threads, I'll do a Country thread fer ya :)

10. Blue Retired Staff

I like just about every genre ever.

Except Rap. Rap can die. There is good rap, that I can appriciate. But it does NOT make up for the "yo playa, I capped my peeps 'cause I'm gangsta, yo!" shit.

11. NaRa

i'm pretty much the same as moe not into metal or country but not because i dislike em...well i dislike country sorta.but not metal..Not all emo is bad -_-.And they usually write about all types of relationships good and bad.its just easy to get material from that kinda stuff because everyones been through it.

12. mow

Skeet skeet skeet still haunts me in my sleep -_-

13. Catatonik

Read my Metal threads :)

Metal for Everyone is a good place to start, the Featured Genre thread is more informative but less detailed.

14. metronomy

meh! best emo lyrics ever are by taking back sunday

you can slit my throat/and with my last dieing breat/ill apoligise for bleeding on you shirt... lol

anyway i cant stand!

manufactured bands! if your out there doing you thing due to your own talen and hard work great who am i to stop you... anything manufacture should be shot it pisses on the people who try so hard

15. killkenada

I totally agree
    I'm all for indie bands who work their way up
    but as soon as they become well known, theyre known as sell outs
    which is pretty st00pid!
    If ur looking for a new band, search kill.kenada
    they are awesome...hence the name
    sorry for the last bit of spam, i just gotta spread the love

16. mow

lol mate, music spam/pimping is approved in this Dept :p. I love that aspect from the frequent Music Dept. visitors :amuse

17. metronomy

^ look at your best singer post then look a couple below! i love kill keneda lol! the rawk my socks!

18. DyersEve

back for another rant! :evil

i... hate.... garage rock!!! what do i mean by garage rock? all these new shitty bands such as:

the white stripes
    i hate these two clowns the most. their lyrics suck, jack can't sing for shit. he's one of those stupid psuedo intellectuals that i can't stand. but i have to say.. meg white is pretty hot.

franz ferdinand
    that stupid song..... take me out... RRRGG. if i were to make a list of the most annoying songs ever created, that pile of dung would be pretty freakin near the top. bad lyrics, bad song structure.... everything sucks about this band.

the yeah yeah yeah's
    it seems like every band that comes out these days is determined to make their music sound as shitty as possible due to shit production. this particular group of talentless hacks are certainly no exception.

jet
    i listened to their album "get born" not too long ago, and found their songs eerily similar to bon scott era ac/dc stuff. and that kind of pissed me off, because i really like ac/dc; especially bon scott era shit. this band would be better if they had more guitar solos, less cheesy ballads, and not so stupid lyrics. (see "are you gonna be my girl", "fool of every one") but i will say this: "cold hearted bitch" is an ok song.

the hives
    there are two bands that i blame for this recent uprising of garage rock; and they are the hives, and the white stripes. i hate this band for many reasons, all similar to why i hate the white stripes. shitty sound, shitty lyrics, shitty song structure.

while i'm at it, i'd also like to make concious my hatred for maroon 5.

almost every girl i've come across loves the peek of their shittiness with the song: "she will be loved". often using the word "sweet" and "touching" in conjunction. yeah right... how is:

"look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile. she will be loved."

sweet or touching? for fuck's sake, the dude just said:

"slip the little emo chick in the corner some alchohol, taker home and bang the bajeesus out of her."

she'll be loved alright....... ok. done now.

19. metronomy

HAHAHA! im not even a fan of franz ferdinand! and i can appreciate take me out as a great song... bad "song structure" pffft!

All these " new" shitty bands erm mate! whitestrips were making music when you were in nappies!

Jet are not Garage rock! and to be honest eother are franz ferdinand! and the hives are boardline! yeah yeah yeahs are excellent! least they do something original! download a song called "maps" then come back to me with your "shit production. this particular group of talentless hacks"

Now The Vonbondies, The Datsuns, John Spencers Blues Explosion, Thee Exciters there some garage rock bands for when you want to rant next!

moral of the story i dont perticully like garage rock either! i think alot of it is formularic and alot of the bands sound the same! but if you going to rant, get some facts right first!

*does he rant on about metal music or not*

nah do you no what mate! whats the point! tell you what tho, give me white strips over slipknot anyday!

over and out

20. mow

Now now guys, I know your not fightening, but let's not get things heated up in here oka? :amuse

though, Dyers, mate you have a pickel with everything dont you? :p Your more picky than I am!
    Though I have to say, "take me out" is Franz's worst song. The album has MUCH better tracks, just checl it out.

The hives rock
    Whit stripes rock
    Yeay Yeah Yeah rock (though overhyped, I'll agree that they rock fully once I hear their 2nd album)

Jet rip of AC/DC sound., but hey, at least they admit it, right? its not like they clami they are making the sound, the bassist himself was wearing a AC/DC t-shirt in there first video. I respect that they showed respect. That alone puts them in my good side.

Maroon 5, i agree with you, they totally suck IMO. I cannot stand them, heard them over and over again, yet I cannot see what's so amazing about them?
    I mean:-

Keane > Maroon 5
    Coldplay > maroon 5
    The Doves > maroon 5
    StarSailor > maroon 5

poop > maroon 5 :laugh

21. metronomy

my moaldy old sock > maroon 5

meh! anyway im not pickey! i have loads in my c.d collection from jazz/indie/hardcore/emo/classical/glam rock loads and loads more XD

22. DyersEve

the white stripes formed in 1997, i was well out of my nappies by then. i meant "new" more like just became mainstream. sorry i didn't make that very clear.

i've heard that song on the radio. about a million times. and it's my opinion that it's complete horseshit written by a group of talentless hacks who have shitty production.

no. because i thoroughly enjoy metal music.

oh man.. you havent seen anything yet. :wink

indeed, i would be forced to slay them if they did.

23. metronomy

well then 1997 making you six lol! XD

24. DyersEve

i was seven :amuse

so close.. yet so far ..

25. metronomy

><

i was still in nappies at seven! i thought it was normal! XD

26. Catatonik

Okay I have to back DyersEve here.

The White Stripes suck. Seriously. Their musicl composition is shit, the production is brutal, Jacks voice is terrible and the guitars sound like they were filtered through a freaking nineteen twenties fucking speaker.

Lyrically....

*backs off* Let's just leave it at "I think the White Stripes are a complete fucking waste of musical play time."

I feel much the same way about the Hives, though not quite as extreme.

I have had little to no experience with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but what little I have had, hasn't inspired me to explore further.

I'm not slagging the Garage Rock sound, but I must admit, that very little of it has caught enough of my interest to warrant more than a simple, "not bad."

Oh, and I genuinely dislike Slipknot :)

27. killkenada

I disagree, i think that the aim was to make the guitars sound that way
    you know to make good music, it doesnt have to sound perfect. if tht makes sense

although i do agree with you on one thing...slipknot=shit

28. metronomy

^ meh see white strips live then come back and tell me there shit! i wasent a great white strips fan untyill i saw them! it blew me away

29. DyersEve

whoa, whoa, whoa. timeout...

i never said the white stripes weren't music, of course they are. i never meant to lead anybody to think i was saying that since they sounded so shitty (to me anyways) that they weren't music.

30. metronomy

lol im gonna go listen/watch to my white strips live in blackpool dvd now XD