1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on One Piece filler?

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime Archive' started by TenshiOni, Aug 27, 2005.

Do you like One Piece filler?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Like other Shonen anime, I like some and dislike others.

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  1. TenshiOni Active Member

I'm not that far into the anime of One Piece (stopped around the Little Garden arc), but I have heard many complaints about the fillers in One Piece.

I've only seen the Apis filler arc, and I've got to say, that was the best filler I've seen in a Shonen anime based off a Shonen manga ever. I was nearly brought to tears it was so damn good.

What's your opinion on that filler and the rest of them?

It would be cool if you could judge the filler using the Apis raiting system used by Arlong Park (the fansite). Apis' basically representing stars in a rating system.

For example, on a scale from 1 to 5, I'd give the Apis Arc 5 Apis's, cuz it was just so awesome.

Tags:
  2. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

I am not a huge One Piece anime fan, but I do watch it on the FoxBox/Toonami. The fillers I have seen aren't really that bad. They actually clear up something that happened in the past. Like one of the first episodes Luffy almost lost his hat and he told the Zoro the past of the hat, that was a good filler, if it counted as a filler.

3. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

some are aight, others can really suck :eyeroll.

4. darksage78 Dark Voice

I've been downloading them from K-F, I'm up to 130 so I think I've only seen one filler arc. The one with Coby and Captain Morgan's son. Wasn't all that bad, but still boring. I'm not sure whether its worth it to download the filler arc after the Arabasta arc. Has anyone watched it? And if so is it any good?

5. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

Loguetown Fillers - Daddy ep was okay, hated the Sanji cookoff one

Apis Arc - Hated

Alabasta Fillers - Sand Pirates & Scorpion Man were lame, but I lked the Luffy/Zoro/Chopper ministory

Post-Alabasta Fillers - Usopp, Zoro, and Rainbow Mist eps were okay, never saw the rest

G8 Arc - Haven't seen it...but I've heard it's good

Davy Back Fight Fillers - I only saw the roller-skating one which was okay

Lost Memories Arc - My favorite filler arc, very entertaining. Especially since we get to see Afro Luffy and the Foxy crew again near the end.

6. Code Zoamelgustar

Well I'm not too fond of One Piece fillers, not only is it in too much an amount... well stuff like the Apis Arc can really go against the storyline. Such as Zoro already cutting steel and such in that arc, and the existence of such a crappy devil fruit...

But compared to some other anime's filler well... I guess it's not that bad. Though it'd be nice if it's possible for them to make fillers not involving children...

7. Freija Treasures

i watch both anime and manga, and i gotta say that apis filler was damn good for being a filler but wth could Zoro cut those steel chains ? that just messed up the storyline, then we got
    Spoiler:
    the Pumpkin pirates filler
    damn that filler sucked

8. TenshiOni Active Member

Wow. I'm surprised the Apis Arc wasn't liked that much. :sweat

I don't believe that was filler. It was the side story told by chapter covers in the manga.

9. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

i actually hated it at first but i was rewatching it earlier today (i was soooo bored) and i kinda liked it :laugh. there were some funny moments (luffy loving apis' food, sanji and zoro doing the dishes, that was priceless XD).

10. darksage78 Dark Voice

Ah I see... I don't read the manga lol Thanks!

11. ChickenPotPie HAH.

I thought the Apis arc was okay, a little drawn out.
    The idea of the pumpkin pirates arc was good, but I felt that the villians were too overpowered.
    I disliked the goatman filler. >_>

12. Shiron BOING!!!

That wasn't a filler, that was really in the manga.
    Anyways, I agree with Mafioso11. Some of them are good and some of them aren't. I like the One Piece fillers better than the Naruto ones, though. - MnK

13. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

He meant the scene where Luffy loses his hat for a second and tells Zoro about his past, THAT wasn't in the manga

14. Code Zoamelgustar

Luffy's past was originally in chapter 1 in the manga. The anime even cut out how he got his scar (as the anime also cut out what really happened to Zeff's leg and changed it.)

15. UPRC Shadow of a Doubt

The Apis arc was alright.. Not great, but not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

The best filler that has been subbed would have to be Zenny and his legion of goats. That was a very well done filler. :)

16. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

I personally loved all of the fillers. Pumpkin Pirates was so-so, though.

17. Axass -Avenger-

They are waaaaaay better than Naruto fillers.

18. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

19. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

To be honest I actually like One Piece filler. I don't really get why people think they suck for. I mean sure the bratty kid of the arc ruins it but well they're great all the same. Apis was awesime.

20. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

On that one Zoro filler where it was like Wandering Swordsman Zoro, when Luffy said the title, i could have sworn i heard him say Kenshin!. do you think it was a refrence to RK?

21. GTOnizukadude Great Teacher Gai

I really disliked the Apis arc. Pretty much the only tolerable parts for me were the jokes about Erik the "okama", and the rest of it just dragged on. The "fight" between Zoro and Erik was incredibly disappointing.

22. TenshiOni Active Member

Well, what I liked about the Apis Arc was just how the Strawhats helped Apis to take the dragon home and I found it real touching when the dragon finally got there and died. Didn't really care for the fighting or the villains.

23. Chrno Uchiha

I think the best fillers ive seen are definetly the ones in One Piece, they just flow real well into the series..tho some may be a bit of a snooz fest they are still interesting and fun to watch.

24. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

Ya i feel the same way, even though i don't watch the anime as much anymore since i broke into the manga, I think that they really do flow well with the storyline and although not so great sometimes, they do flow well.

25. Chi Technical knockout

Well.. If i'm not mistaken, in the Apis filler arc was such a thing:
    Zoro: Steel chains?
    Luffy: Can you cut them?
    Zoro: There's nothing i can't cut.

Yeah.. That screwed fight with Mr 1 a little..
    Anyway.. One Piece fillers seems better then Naruto fillers to me.

26. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Well, Mr. 1 was solid steel. Chains aren't as thick, so can probably be cut easier.

27. Code Zoamelgustar

Well he himself made a big deal about "act of cutting steel" and not just about cutting Mr. 1 specifically.

28. pakku surlier than ever

Anyway, my experiences with OP's filler are few. After watching two or three episodes of the Apis arc, I told myself "this blows" and checked a OP episode list, listing the episodes of each arc... sure enough, it said the Apis arc was filler, so I skipped by it after those couple episodes. I can't remember much of it, but if it was enough to cause me to dislike it that much then I guess it really did suck.

Then I watched the filler Arabasta episodes as they were released, whether I liked 'em or not, because I needed an OP fix but tried to stay away from the manga at the same time (didn't really last long afterwards :p). A little boring overall, but there were some winners in there too. I remember liking the one with the three rebels that had to kick Luffy and company out of the town, and... actually, that's all that comes to mind. :/

I skipped whatever the latest filler arc(s?) were too. Something about a Goatman or something... Yeah, I'm thinking it was a pretty good decision.

Oher than that, I've seen plenty of episodes that have been stretched too far by a few too many additional lines. The latest episodes from K-F come to mind... makes the episodes feel pretty empty, yet I still feel obligated to watch them anyway.

29. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

Do you mean the episode where it told how he first met Yosaku and Johnny? That was good enough to stand with the normal episodes (aka non-filler).

30. frz1 Nami Swaaaaaaan!!!!

I don't mind the OP fillers too much. The rainbow mist one was kinda blah but the rest of them were pretty good. The davy back fight one was pretty cool (wait, was that even a filler?). Afro Luffy owns. That afro looked good on him. I kinda liked the Apis one also. They sure as hell beat the Naruto fillers.