1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

Your Top 5 FanFics.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Shade, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Shade .

Hey, make a list of your five most favourite fanfics and post them here along with the series they are based on and a link if possible.
    I only read a few Naruto ones luike Illusive Heart on FanFiction.net which is really good.
    What are yours?

2. adeptusastartes2007 New Member

Here are some of my favorite fics. They're on FF.net
    Split Halves
    Legacy of the Fourth
    Naruto Collsion Course
    Konoha's Sunshine
    War of the Sexes

3. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Pretty much anything by Dave-d or Damewren.

4. Rotc Girl I'm back ~_~

I like Walking Corpse and New Revelations, both on Fanfics

5. 8018 1880

top fanfics X]
    well for me it is
    .___.
    right now

Spiral Falling: NARUTO
    ~by Becca Amon

Twins: KH
    ~by [i dunno ;-;]

Naisho:NARUTO
    ~by Shirohane

Living a Lie: NARUTO
    ~Dhampir

thats all of them X]

6. White Fox The Ever-Lasting Gaze

I want to read some of those you got links if its on a website?

7. Piekage The Inspector

A complete Novelization of Final Fantasy VIII.

Naruto is placed on Team 8 instead of Kiba.

Alternate versions of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura appear in the Naruto verse.

A Sasuke/Hinata fic.

A Jiraiya/Tsunade fic.

8. Sho Active Member

I actually have a ton of favorites, but here's five of them for Naruto fanfiction. You won't go wrong if you read any of them since all of these are top notch:

-Sasuke, and then later Team 7 centric story on what happens when Sasuke is brought back to the village. The most in character Sasuke you'll ever find, and one of the most greatest Naruto fanfictions ever.
    -Genre: Drama/Suspense/Tragedy. Status: Completed.

-Itachi centric story that details how he grew up and joined Akatsuki. Probably the best and most in character Itachi-centric story ever.
    -Genre: Drama/Action-Adventure. Status: Incomplete.

-Hilarious story dealing with what happens when the Konoha prodigies (Sasuke, Neji, Shino) are forced to be in Gai's team in order to change their personalities in being "happy".
    -Genre: Humor. Status: On hiatus.

-Uchiha Itachi and later on Sasuke centric. A humorous, very well written story that asks the question of what happens if Itachi was a lazy bum who was a good guy too?
    -Genre: General. Status: Incomplete.

-Naruto centric story, though it goes to Kakashi, as well as other characters later on. One of the best and well-written stories ever, with no bias. It's seriously like a novel. What happens when Naruto is taken to Gai's team, a new Chuunin exam is called in the Cloud Village, and new deadly enemies with powerful abilities as well as old ones start appearing?

And 5 non-Naruto fanfictions that are of my faves are:

1. (Street Fighter)
    -One of the best Street Fighter II stories out there, and mostly Ryu centric.
    -Genre: Action Adventure/Drama. Status: Complete.

2. (Ranma 1/2-King of Fighters Crossover)
    -What would happen if Ranma was the child of Nodoka and Iori Yagami?
    -Genre: Humor/Action-Adventure. Status: Incomplete.

3. (FFVII)
    -How Cloud was as a child. Focused on him and Tifa.
    -Genre: Drama. Status: Complete.

4. (Mortal Kombat)
    -The best Sub-Zero centric story ever. Deals with what happens after he dies.
    -Genre: Action Adventure/Suspense/Drama. Status: Complete.

5. (Wheel of Time)
    -A/U where Rand al'Thor gets gentled by the Red Ajah Aes Sedai as a child and how he grows up from there.

Feel sad I couldn't add more.. :(

9. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

just quickly to say thanks Sho for that last WoT one, looking on FF for WoT fiction never crossed my mind for some reason.

10. 8018 1880

i sure do =]
    but they are yaoi =I

11. Fysh boringville, USA

The only two I think of off the top of my head are "For the Love of My Friends" by Foxie-sama, and "Training for the Job" by Desaix, both on Fanfiction.net. (The first one is saying something too, because it's Naruhina and I'm not generally a fan of that pairing.)

12. Therahedwig Parodie Nin

I myself am a big fan of 'crossroads' by 'XD', and 'ripple effect' was nice too.

13. Kin I ARE BACK.

1."The Virus" - best lemon fanfic I have ever read, Itachi/Sakura. (AFF.net)

2. "Fragility Of The Sakura" - (FF.net)
    Uchiha Itachi plants a certain invisible cursed mindseal on a certain pinkhaired kunoichi. The seal is to be physically activated by the touch of a male, but what happenes when feelings get involved? [continued inside] [Main: ItaSaku & slight KakaSaku]

^I hate the Kakashi/Sakura part of it..

3."Poisoned Cherry Blossom" - (FF.net)
    Did you ever know that you can be poisoned by a special Cherry Blossom? Which one? The one with the name ?Sakura?. ItaxSaku. Rated M for safety

4."Metamorphosis & Evolution (Salvation is not yet done)" - (FF.net)

Metamorphosis: [ItaSaku] When Sakura embarks on a search for Sasuke, she is taken hostage by the Akatsuki. Now, she can't deny that the gravitation is pulling her, and the brother of the love of her life together.

Evolution: [Sequel to Metamorphosis][ItaSaku] Sakura has escaped towards Sound, towards her final goal Sasuke. Will she be stopped before she reaches him? Or will her feelings for Itachi bring her back to him?

5."Dog Days" - (FF.net)
    Captured by Itachi. Physically and emotionally linked to the feared Missing nin, Sakura unwillingly joins Akatsuki. There is much more than ice to the elder of the Uchiha. rated for later chapters.

14. redswirl drop out ninja

ehh links dont work for me ill just post story name and writer.

1. a new cause, by MystikD109

2.Cold Blue Metal,by zero0000

3.Soragakure, The Hidden Village of Sky,by HarbringerLady

4. Never Cut Twice,by shadowmaster62

5.The Golden Fox ,by Nyce456

ehh i got more but i dont feel like postin

15. Seitoukaichou Student Council President

I stumpled over this fanfiction recently and I must say it is awesome xD. The title alone deserves respect xD". The fiction is about Naruto who made a bet with Sasuke, that he'll don't bother him for 24 Hours, so that Sasuke would acknowledge his Ninja Skillz. To bad that Sasuke gets himself in a pinch and Naruto could rescue him, but he would loose the bet. With nothing left he disguises himself: He takes off his jumpsuit, wears bandages as a facemask and changes his eyes to red with the Kyuubi Chakra. But as he wears nothing else then his Heart-Boxers and white shirt, the new hero "Boxer-sama" is born!

A very good Shikamaru centric fiction (by now you must know who my favorite fiction chara is XD). A shame that it is on hiatus.
    It describes the life of Shikamaru as a Chunin, witch a new 4-Man-Chunin-Team (including the medic ;)!).

Naruto explores the world of the missing-nin and on his journey he mets the most... interesting and disturbing people. There is also NaruTema, and although that I don't support this pairing, the fic is so hillarious and awesome, that it makes up for that.

A simple idea, changes the life of our favorite lazy Ninja completly. As I'm a fan of Comedy, this fiction has grown to my heart. As Shikamaru's eyesight clearly decreases he asks Sakura for help, but now he is forced to wear glasses. No big deal you say? Not for Shika, with the new glasses he gets a lot of unwanted attention... read for yourself ^^

One of the few Romance-Oneshot Collection that are really good. I espacially liked the last one (ShinoKurenai). Shino is always funny in his Shino-way.

16. fieryfalcon de minimis non curat lex

Easily the best Naruto fanfic I've ever read, it follows an alternate universe starting from just before the time skip and explores many characters while building them in a very believable way. I wish this were the real storyline. Highly recommended.

17. Sapwood2 Panzers for All!

1. Dimensional Exchanges by XyoushaX

Sakura is sucked into another world, and has to figure out a way to come back to the Shinobi world. But what if her origins lie in this new dimension, and not in Konoha? Is she really meant to be a kunoichi? COMPLETE

2. Beyond Hearts and Minds by XyoushaX

Demons of yore spring up for unknown reasons. Recruited by a child ghost, Hinata falls into the messy job of sealing things up. Naruto and Sasuke are unwittingly dragged in. And Sakura seems to know more than she lets out on. [naruxhina, maybe sasuxsaku] Sequel to Dimensional Exchanges.

3. Inner Demon by WS.Blue

A great and powerful demon attacked the Hidden Village of the Leaf twelve years ago, defeated by the Hokage of the shinobi village. The demon was sealed into the tiny body of a newborn infant, a young girl of the Haruno clan, Haruno Sakura.

4. Fated by leafygirl

Sakura runs from her past as Kakashi wants to run from life. Naruto and Genma witness the painful trials their friends must go through. Kakasaku Sasusaku slight Nejisaku Naruhina COMPLETE

5. Narutotachi Goes to Hogwarts! by Yarochisai

Naruto and co. are on a mission at Hogwarts going undercover as students to keep things safe. However, learning new magic, it seems they're causing more harm than good. Watch out Dumbledore. The ninjas are coming.

20. Suzie where am i

-A Very Awesome SasuNaru FanFic by a very talented writer

2. Blood and Tears
    -A Sequel to Roomates, just as awesome ^^ SasuNaru

3. PyroManiac
    -Naruto and the others are firefighters ^^ SasuNaru, By the same writer as the ones above and very intresting

21. Tsukiko no Yuki Cotton Candy Addict

- This fic is awesome! It's a bit long, but it's awesome anyway ^^ It's about how Sakura abandons Sasuke-kun because she believes he doesn't love her, despite having proposed to her... definitely recommended for SasuSaku fans! It's a bit angsty, though...

2. Matchmaking by the New Generation by MomoiroNeko
    - I love it, but it's mainly because I love fics with Sasuke-kun's and Sakura's kids... XD Anyhow, the kids from the future comes to the past and... tries out some matchmaking! But not just for fun... SasuSaku slight NaruHina, NejiTen and ShikaIno

3. The Mission by imiwayume
    - Sai, Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke go on a mission... eh, I suck at summaries, but I recommend it anyway XD SasuSaku or SasuSakuSai? I don't know.

4. I'm a MarySue, How Do You Do? by sarafu-chan
    - This was hilarious! XD I totally loved it! A MarySue arrives... and watch the result! NejiTen.

5. Back in your arms by reflection-image
    - Sakura goes back in time to before the Uchiha massacre and meets Sasuke as child and Itachi before he turned into a massmurderer... SasuSaku ItaSaku This fic is really good!! I love it!

All five fics are listed in my Favorite Stories, so if you want the links, go to my profile on Fanfiction.net (the link is in my sig) ^^ (My dad's computer is a bit slow atm, so I prefer having as little windows as possible... might add the links later when the computer is a bit, er, more normal.)

22. Stone_Village_Ninja New Member

2. For the Love of my Friends

3. Team 8

4. Adentures in Lightning

5. Two Halves

23. Hokuikai New Member

- Gundam Wing + Sailor Moon

2. Shangri-La
    - Gundam Wing + Sailor Moon

3. When Fate Met Seiya
    - Sailor Moon Stars

4. Lovesick
    - Naruto
    (This is the best Naruto Sasuke/Naruto fic I've read. The ending is too abrupt and bad, but the plot is definately worth reading for. It's a really cute fanfic. :) )

5. The D Files
    - Naruto

24. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Well, right now I'm following this fanfiction I'm really liking:

By Any Other Name by Majestrix

It's actually a fanfiction about Superman, based on the new movie. Like it very much, and hoping the author will update soon.

Naruto's fanfiction I really like:

Mismatched Button Eyes by Sinister Tomato

One shot.Tells about when Kakashi was born. Really nice.

Quiet Storm by IcarusT

It's a really sweet story about Rin and Kakashi.

The Nature of the Game by leafygirl

Complete story on KakaSaku, the best with this pair I have read so far.

25. The Space Cowboy Unfair, Unjust, Human

Now here's a list of fanfiction you usually won't find on Fanfiction.net, because it prods too much buttock.

1. by J. Austin Wilde

This "fanfiction" is more like an independant book than a fanfic. But basically it starts by throwing the Ranma 1/2 cast into a second Korean war. Good action, great detail, romance, and humor (Akane's cookies are invulnerable to artillery fire!). The author wrote it to pass the time on a nuclear submarine

Written in the Robotech Universe (Sorry Macross purists), Objective Reflex Point is one of the most detailed, well researched bits of fanfiction ever. Action, adventure, romance, and giant robots! This is what happens when multiple people with their PhDs collaborate on fanfiction.

The Mary Sue is an evil creature. But they're everywhere, so there must be something behind all of them. In Self-Extraction, a top-secret agency works under contract to eliminate Mary-Sues (Or Marty-Stus) from fictional universes and let your favorite anime characters get on with their lives as usual.

From Hello Kitty to Neon Genesis Evangelion, Self-Extraction takes aim at bad fanfiction self-inserts with a .45--and sometimes a BattleMech, or the Ultimate Nullifier depending on the situation. Mary Sues have the guts, and the Agency is there to spill them onto the ground.

In the hazy gap between fanfiction and original fiction, The Adventurers grew out of a GM's desire to "write up" the adventures of his Dungeons & Dragons games.

Although the actual game ended in 1991, the characters are still questing for loot, adventure, romance, and glory in updates spanning a -fifteen- year real life time period (The series is currently around installment # 933)! A great read if you have the time, as the entire series is longer than the "Wheel of Time." I remember reading this stuff at 1200 baud.

Some Ranma 1/2 fans were upset that the manga had finally ended. So they decided to collaborate and write a continuation fanfiction for Ranma 1/2 in the spirit of the original. But what can you do with Ranma Saotome and the Nerima Wrecking Crew that hasn't been done? Easy. Send them all to college.

See Ukyou's roomate get posessed by an evil artificial intelligence. See Ranma gain a new rival who uses the drunken fist (Fist of the Drunken Fratboy!). It is a series that dares to answer the question of "How much fun -could- you have at college with a Jusenkyo Curse?"

And there you go. There's my top five fanfiction list, with nothing from Fanfiction.net. :p

26. MoonLight Dreamer Stargazer....

A New Life by Proud Bishonen Whore
    Like Ramen: A Dating Story by Labbess
    Change of Heart by Akatsuki Yamanaka Ino
    Express Your Feelings by TheFirstTime
    Old Face, New Feelings by Animes-Tribute

27. L help me help myself!

eh....i just got into fanfics and my first was two halves wich was realy realy good and it got me into fanfics, i still havnt read much but two halves has a sequel called twice shy it seems realy good (like the first) but its been on chater 3 for a while....(by the way both are by dave wren)i also got into for the cool "for the love of my friends" wich is at chapter 50 and still going strong!(wich whas by foxie

28. adriana ray daughter of the white fang!

1. Respect and Understanding by ronsmyhero
    This fic converts me into a big Kakashi fan. The best Kakashi-Sakura fanfic (I've read all of them.. trust me) and also one of the best fanfic in general! The plot is really really good, characters potrayal is beyond awesome and all the emotion is just real! Worth your time reading!

2. Sunagakure Bellydance by Celtic Oak
    This is a Gaara-Sakura pairing. Beautifuly written, witty, funny and limey!

3. His Fault by ronsmyhero
    This one is so much more limey than respect and understanding but still really really really good!

4. 'Loophole' by leafygirl
    Best ItaSaku story out there I think!

5. Duty before Honor by SilverShine
    Another Kakashi-Sakura :)

29. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

2. Die Another Day

3. All's Fair In Love And War

4. Caught

5. Rehash

30. Harlita <font color='#FF9900'><b><marquee>NARUTARD</marque

There's Melek in Olum (you can google it, quite popular).
    Then there's Hot Sand (which is adult only but it's NaruGaara, PM me for link)
    Then there's 2 others by members here: Moridin's and Schala//Naruto's.

^+^

It might sound weird, but I like mine, too. Feels like someone else is writing it though. The story isn't like anything I've written so. Yeappa!