1. Alley Writingcontest
    Vote for the entries of the Alley's Writing ContestHere!
    The deadline for critiques Ends at August 4th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is August 17 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Your unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Muah, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

1. Muah

Luffy didn't need g4 to beat Doflamingo. He just needed it to beat him quickly.

Tags:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • List
  2. Sloan

3. Corax

Clearly yes. Even Izo and P1 are tier above Doffy.

4. charles101

Flag:
    Poland

This damaged Doflamingo with all his allies and stuff like that? Yeah, he could pull it off probably.

5. Tenma

I too agree Babanuki would defeat Doflamingo

6. Francyst

If Zoro wasn't Luffy's subordinate much more people would think he's stronger than Luffy.

Enel would ragdoll the entire OP verse. Just needs CoA for other Logias.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. El Hermano

:confusedny

8. ho11ow

It's obvious that Luffy used gear 4 twice actually is just a fan service because muh power up

9. Francyst

10. Fel1x

what's with this sudden Doffy clowning threads?
    Luffy couldn't do shit to Doffy without G4

11. Canute87

Flamingo laughed off G2 attacks and G3 wasn't going to touch a feather on flamingo's coat.

12. BigPoppaPump

G2 was too weak and G3 was too slow, Doflamingo said it himself in the chapter. Only G4 could have done anything to Doflamingo, Luffy had no other way.

13. Muah

Luffy was drawing blood with every hit. Doflamingo didn't do any serious damage to Luffy. When they were in their main fight Doflamingo was messed up but Luffy had been fighting a whole tournament earlier that day. Plus Doflamimgo had awakening up his sleeve which explains his confidence. You can make an argument that Luffy needs g4 to deal with awakening but I can argue it would have just been an extreme difficult fight if Luffy just used gears and haki..

Their haki was pretty much even you can tell by their clashing i even give the upper hand to Luffy. We can tell when Luffybis outclassed because he'll receive large injury or be withering in pain or thinking on how he can beat his opponent. Luffybdidnt do any of that he was basically jobbing Dofla the entire time. We even saw that red hawk was enough to make Doflamingo cough up blood and knock him on his ass. With Luffys endless stamina I believe he could have wore Dofla down.

The strongest attack we saw from dofla was his whip which was no diffed by g4 but good luck to doflamingo hitting g2 luffy with it.

14. Muah

G3 has been used on fujitora and Katakuri. It's always been an easy attack to dodge just ask Lucchi but luffy gets it in when he can. He even used g3 on Kaidou and probably will in the future.

15. El Hermano

I don't understand why anyone would think Zoro's stronger unless you're strictly talking about demeanor.

And I don't see how Enel would ragdoll the rest of the OPverse with CoA.

16. Whimsy

There was a time when it looked that way, and Oda could have went that direction, but it was made very clear in the chapter where G4 was revealed that anything less wasn't going to be able to put Doffy down.

17. Vivo Diez

I do think it's understated how well Luffy did against Doflamingo without G4, probably because people don't want to admit that G2/G3 Luffy in Dressrosa was already as strong if not stronger than Law in most aspects. People for the longest time argued that Law and Zoro were significantly stronger than Luffy without G4.

Meanwhile, Luffy dealt with a lot of DD's attacks way better than Law managed to and his red hawk clearly did more damage against DD than any of Law's attacks outside of gamma knife.

All that said, I do think overall he still needed G4 and it was implied heavily that he did, because as someone else mentioned, his G3 attacks were too slow and his G2 attacks were(generally) too weak. Not to mention that DD's awakening would have been a bitch to deal with without the aerial capabilities of G4.

18. Extravlad

Flag:
    France
    Healthy Luffy would have beaten Healthy Doffy 1V1 with no assistance, healthy Luffy means more stamina which means longer G4 which means he could have finished him before it ran off the 1st time

19. Muah

Just look at the fight from when doflamingo tried to crush laws head all the way up to g4. Luffy was the aggressor the entire time and won every exchange except when lffu tried to use g3 and doflamingo used athletes kick. Luffy was covered in blood and Luffy was just scratched up.

Doflamingo: you seem pretty worn out.
    luffy: you do also. I dont thing those strong attacks from law would leave you unscathed.

I mean doflamingo pretty much was admitting to what I said the entire fight until g4.

Dofla: Are you going to wate laws sacrifice?
    How long will it take you to beat me. In an hour the bird cage will completely collapse , in 30 minutes you with hear screams 50 minutes it will be red as a crushed tomato . In an hour there will be no voices.

The entire fight was Doflamingo saying I'm not going to sit here and let you beat on me. He took everything Luffy had and laughed it off constantly raising the stakes. He tried awakening on Luffy and it did zero affect on base Luffy accept alerting him to the fact large amounts of string were coming from nowhere.

Does nobody remember that tornado spin kick that sent doflamingo flying.
    Yeah but by that time Luffy was already in the range of having mutiple day fights. As it is g4 is mostly Luffy expelling his haki quicker. Just fighting in base make tske longer but it should have a similar effect. If Doflamingo can survive a weakened king Kong gun to the face it would have taken Luffy a day atleast to beat him that hard. But the doflamingo would have been alot more fatigued also.

This is baiscally it. People don't want to admit that g2 and g3 Luffy is more than a match for Zoro. I don't think Law has anything to do with it though. His fans don't have nearly as much as an ego. Plus out of all dressrosa players he faced the strongest opponents that day and had a great excuse for falling short.

G2 and G3 luffy will and have been clashing with admirals and Yonkous. It makes sense really, even though it's in a weaker way; luffy did show some island busting feats on fishman island. Before haki and two years of training Luffy was splitting battleships with g3.

Oda has been building up Luffy to be Yonkou level the entire timeskip. With his new haki and future sight he's getting closer.

20. Whimsy

Luffy was getting increasingly worn down and was basically landing mosquito bites on Doflamingo before he pulled out G4, I agree that it didn't look that way prior to the G4 chapter, but that was the way Oda decided to present it from that point onwards.

21. Muah

Could you post a mosquito bite panel for me?

22. Sloan

He deff didn't need the announcer and the collisium fighters to piggy back him and hide him, stalling for time.

23. Redline

the easiest one i can came up right now would be zoro will not cut kaido lol

24. Lyren

Hancock would give any admiral a high diff fight.

25. Whimsy

26. Kishido

Not an opinion but the truth.

Jinbe won't change the M3 ans will Fall back to them.

27. Francyst

I guess...? Since timeskip he pretty much carries himself like Mihawk. Luffy needed CoC just to escape from Monet and Zoro technically defeats her without touching her and was so intimidating she couldn't even reform. If Zoro wasnt a strawhat, then came along and did that, Luffy fanboys would be dead silent and everyone else would be hyping him to Admiral levels. I guarantee it :whatthe

Enel is OD. His insane power output and the fact he can casually move at the speed of lightning, unlike Kizaru who has to set up point B and beam to that point if he wants to travel at the speed of light.

His fight with Luffy shouldn't have happened and only happened because Oda thought it would be funny to show how electricity interacts with rubber

28. El Hermano

Eh, no. Luffy's just not as deadly and serious unless you push him to it. Nobody would instantly think Zoro's Admiral level just because he's threatening.

Kizaru doesn't have to use his mirror to travel at the speed of light. There are multiple instances of him moving as light without it. It was also confirmed his DF abilities are lightspeed(which should be obvious) and that you need to be a proficient Haki user in order to even grasp his movements. That entire "he needs YNK to move at lightspeed" is headcanon.
    Not to mention that we have people as weak as Kalifa who reacted to actual lightning indoors, yet, EL G2 Luffy was too fast for Blueno to even perceive. And Blueno>Kalifa as stated pretty much on panel.

His power output isn't that crazy. The only noteable attack of his is his Raigo, and that requires the Arc Maxim and prep time so it's irrelevant when talking about actual combat. Other than that, he's far from impressive when compared to later feats in the series pulled by other characters. Not even his Raigo is anywhere near the power of the Gura Gura. The strongest attack to date is the one that Akainu tanked head on from a bloodlusted Whitebeard, who's got the most destructive DF in OP. Akainu's got the one with the strongest offense as well.

Not to mention that in order compete with other Logias, he'd have to have Haki at least as strong, otherwise he wouldn't be able to actually hit them.
    Regardless, he's far from an experience, trained fighter. He wouldn't last a second relying on his DF ability and basic CoA.

Well, that is not for you to decide. The fight did happen, he did get some feats that didn't age well in terms of raw power(bar his Raigo)as the series progressed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 3:58 PM
  29. Muah

It was more like this. Luffy was still winning the exchanges and doing more damage.

30. Whimsy

Yeah...as I said, that was how it was presented earlier in the fight. Then Oda showed a clear gap between them in the chapter I posted, which came later, so clearly Luffy wasn't wearing him down. In fact he was starting to get pretty badly beaten - he couldn't land and meaningful hits and was getting beaten bloody in return.

I do think that Oda decided to change the portrayal of the effectiveness of G2, but since he's the author you have to go with what he presents ¯\_(ツ)_/¯