1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Come vote in the third Alley Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Z vs. Silver Surfer

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Endless Mike, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

This should be good.

For this match, Z's Light Hawk Wings work defensively, but can be overwhelmed by enough power. Their offensive abilities remained unchanged.

Tags:
  2. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Personally i think Z's destructive power of the lighthawk wings would outclass Surfer.

Lighthawk wings also have the ability to nullify an enemys lighthawk wings (seen when Z removes tenchi's LHW powers mid battle), maybe Z could remove the surfers power cosmic?

3. ez Jesus Christ

Can Surfer match Z's destructive capabilties? isn't Z sort of like a mini-god himself? He pretty much destroyed half of eart + moon without trying and sent tenchi to saturn in one blow.

Can't Z turn himself to different forms of light and be uneffected by Surfer's cosmic abilities or am I wrong? Can Z exist outside of the 3rd dimension?

Can surfer fight someone who turns into light? Z almost seemed close to omnipotent to me, only being outclassed by the chousin and tenchi

edit: can Z turn himself into light or did i misread a part?

4. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

That is, if he's willing to sacrifice his own. And even then, removing Surfer's powers would be iffy.

I wouldn't know the outcome of a battle of this sort. I've just learned about Z personally, and only "heard" of Surfer's powers.

5. ez Jesus Christ

short snipt from wikipedia describing some of surfer's powers
    "He has the ability to channel ambient cosmic energy into his body at will, and expel it violently as concussive force or gently as a means to restructure molecules according to his mental design. The Surfer can generate beams of energy with sufficient destructive force to destroy a planet or, by contrast, generate such subtle amounts of energy to restructure the molecules of the natural pigments within a plant to change its color. The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations and can even directly transmute elements. The Surfer can manipulate "chronal" energies and thus can peel back the veil of time to witness past events or to even directly travel through time. While he can use his power to revitalize life energies and heal the wounded, there is no proof that he can create life from nothingness or return the dead to life."

6. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Since Surfer's powers aren't the same as Z's, I don't think he could remove them like he did to Tenchi. Also if Z turned into light (which he can do), that would actually put him at a disadvantage because Surfer controls the electromagnetic spectrum.

7. ez Jesus Christ

But what about this, can't Z step outside of the 3rd dimension and do someting to surfer? or does he not have that power?

8. vagnard Well-Known Member

Well...until I remember I never saw a Light Hawk Wing from an anomaly (Z or Tenchi) be overwhelmed by raw energy. Kajishima in the book of secrets stated that Light Hawk Wing nullifies all the attacks and render them equal to 0. Surfer can transmute energy like Tenchi...but I don't if know he can retransmutate himself in time to avoid to be desintegrated by a Light Hawk Blade. Other question would be if Surfer can control him if Z turns into Light energy when he is protected by LHWs.... can the electromagnetic waves (or whatever surfer use to control light or energy) bypass the protection of LHWs.

Other problem would be Z's teleportation that it seems to have no apparent limit or attacks like the one he used against the spaceships when he first adquired his power....he turned LHWs into a circle an desintegrated all the spaceships in an instant....it seems there is no limit to the way he can rearrange the size and shape of his LHWs.

I give this battle to Z but I admit I lack enough info about Surfer to make a proper judgement. The best feat i remember from him in the Infinity Gauntlet saga was when he traveled hundred of times faster than light to catch Thanos's Gauntlet.

9. Nexas Fire and Ice

@Endless Mike, you mention that Z's LHWs can be overwhelmed by enough power in this fight. What would you say is enough power?

10. Keollyn Cheryl & F5 fanboy Retired Staff

That's what I'd like to know.

11. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Enough power that it would be a significant effort for Surfer to generate.

12. vagnard Well-Known Member

Yes. LHWs can be pierced like Mike said....I found this in Tenchi 101 secrets

"The Light Hawk Wing (LHW for short) is primarily a defensive weapon capable of repelling nearly all physical attacks in existence. They can also be used as an offensive weapon, with great results. Washu also claims that the Light Hawk Wings can alter matter into and energy into matter. It is later said that Light Hawk Wings can both create entire planets or destroy them.

The energy required to generate Light Hawk Wings is highly impressive. Its output power is measured in 2n energy units (N=number of wings being created), which is one of the reasons Tenchi and not Aeka boarded Ryu-oh during their initial confrontation with the Souja.

Aeka's key was not strong enough to break the seal -created to prevent anyone from easily accessing LHW's offensive capability- only a master key like Tenchi-ken could have broken the seal and take control of the LHW for offensive operations.

About the secret of Ko-oh-yoku (Wings of hawk of light?).

Answer:
    It is a manifestation of God's aura.

More details ...
    Ko-oh-yoku is a manifestation of God's aura and not a weapon. Although apart from Tsunami, one Tree can produce only three Ko-oh-yoku, they are enough to protect the entire ship. Ko-oh-yoku does not shut the incoming energy out but converts it to harmless one (one power exists that could pierce them but it requires huge amount of energy and a very big system).

Incidentally, to increase the number of Ko-oh-yoku by one, twice as much energy is needed. (ie, Tsunami uses 2^10/2^3 = 2^7 = 128 times as much as energy.)"

13. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

They're talking about the type of energy that was harnessed by Kagato's gems I believe, not just any random type of energy.

14. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

I think the only person who overwhelmed the LHW's was kami tenchi.
    and surfer is not in the level of omnipotents and i don't see how surfer can damage z since his LHW nullify all the damage and z has teleportation which is faster than surfer. So Z ftw

15. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Z is weaker than a Chousin, he carefully planned his attack on tenchi using Misaki to attack Tokimi.

In a straight fight, Z would lose to a Chousin

16. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Yeah, but SS isn't Chousein level either.

17. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

was replying to the post above mine :) (Only Kami-sama > Z)

Pure destructive feats, surfer has destroyed a planet by ramming it with help from drax and hulk. He hasn't done any mega powerful feats like that because its not a part of his character.

While Z destroyed the Moon without LHW's, with LHW he pretty much outmanuvered Tenchi and all 3 Chousin's. Theres a pretty sweet picture of Z taking out half of earth in a single hit too.

18. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Surfer destroyed a planet recently in Annihilation, and also created a huge black hole.

19. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

good point :p
    That was pre power up too.

20. The Nameless Pharaoh Shin Sekai No Kami

Z wins but Surfer would put up a very good fight though.